Contribute
Register

Guide for Installing Mavericks on Two Z68X-UD3H Systems - One Using HD3000 / One Using 6850

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guide for Installing on Z68X-UD3H - i7-2600K - HD3000

About the sleep and imessage issues discussed earlier...

I'm UEFI bios version, so i'm DSDT free. I'm also using the Mac Mini (5,1).
Several of us Moderators have this wonderful motherboard. We tested the UEFI Beta (it's still Beta, BTW) BIOS, but never could get it working worth our while. So, we don't recommend it except to those who want to experiment or need a hobby. If and when Gigabyte ever makes it a full release (not Beta), then we'll re-look if we still have the motherboard.

Several of us Moderators have this wonderful motherboard. We tested the UEFI Beta (it's still Beta, BTW) BIOS, but never could get it working worth our while. So, we don't recommend it except to those who want to experiment or need a hobby. If and when Gigabyte ever makes it a full release (not Beta), then we'll re-look if we still have the motherboard.

I didn't want the UEFI, unfortunately, when I bought it, the motherboard came supplied with that version already installed :(

Is it complicated/dangerous to degrade back a bios version?

I didn't want the UEFI, unfortunately, when I bought it, the motherboard came supplied with that version already installed :(

I did it a couple of time last year... I don't remember the exact process, but I remember that you need to boot on a DOS usb key (yes DOS!! The old operating system!) and from there you install the firmware for the bios or UEFI.

But UEFI is so faster to boot, that I don't want to go back now!

Wow! I didn't know that Gigabyte sold retail motherboards with beta BIOS. Well, go with it. Guess I'll have to relook the U1L (12th) beta BIOS. Thanks for this info.

No, just because I installed over Mountain Lion, I wanted to eliminate any possible conflict.

This helped for me too while upgrading from ML. Despite being able to boot with the Unibeast USB stick it wouldn't boot after the upgrade with just Chimera. Ran the "UseKernelCache=No" and it now loads like a champ. Now, if only I get get iMessage and sleep up and running. Sleep has been hosed since 10.8.5 though iMessage had been working perfectly. :-/

Thanks a lot stork !!!!

your intallation guide works great for me

Added the following to the original post Guide as some are having the famous error message that says you can't open MultiBeast.

:ch: Before running MultiBeast for Mavericks, open the Security & Privacy Preference Pane in System Preferences, which is located in your Dock, and:
72633-security-pane-1.png
:ch: In the lower left corner, click on the padlock and type in your Admin username & password;
72634-security-pane-2.png
:ch: Click on the General tab if it isn't already highlighted;
:ch: Click on the "Anywhere" radio button under "Allow applications and downloaded from:" and
:ch: Close the System Preferences window.​

Last edited by a moderator:
Guide for Installing Mavericks on Z68X-UD3H - i7-2600K - HD3000

Thank you for this wonderful guide! I have the exact MB and am also using inboard graphics, very helpful. I'm curious if you have HDMI audio working with this setup? I'm fairly new to hackintosh and have always been nervous to try to get it to work.

Thanks again!

Thank you for this wonderful guide! I have the exact MB and am also using inboard graphics, very helpful. I'm curious if you have HDMI audio working with this setup? I'm fairly new to hackintosh and have always been nervous to try to get it to work.

Thanks again!
No, I don't use HDMI Audio with any of my computers. I recommend you use toleda's guide. http://www.tonymacx86.com/hdmi-audio/112469-mavericks-hdmi-audio-applehda-guide.html

However, HDMI video works fine. I have Zorro connected to two monitors - my main monitor uses the DVI connection while my secondary monitor uses the HDMI connection. Both are driven at 1920x1200 resolution; the HDMI can drive a monitor's resolution up to the 1920x1200.

I'm having issues with my installation now, I'm UEFI and DSDT free.
Whenever I try and migrate back anything it screws up and just hangs at the apple logo with a spinning white thingy.
Thankfully Multibeast now has that awesome "save settings", so it saves some hassle.

Whats the best way to identify whats causing the boot issue, or am I better off just reinstalling the apps from scratch ?
I could do a -v at the boot, but that didn't kick up any errors, it just froze. If I plugged in a USB stick a message appeared in the log, same if I just unplugged it, but it just didn't progress any further.

I've done several fresh installs so far, and the last one I migrated back just user accounts and applications.

as an aside, on a fresh install with no apps installed, it hangs with a spinning sign at boot for around 45 seconds, what do you guys do to reduce that time ? (I'm booting from SSD)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back