Contribute
Register

Guide for Installing Mavericks on Two Z68X-UD3H Systems - One Using HD3000 / One Using 6850

Status
Not open for further replies.
...What I'm curious about now is, and it's not that I don't believe you, is to choose the "i7" option because I have the "K" series i5 i2500. I've never read anywhere that I should choose this option and I can't find it documented anywhere in the Multibeast readme or anywhere on Multibeast.com...
I misspoke and have corrected my original post. We discovered early on that all the Sandy Bridge i5/i7 processors need an SSDT to regulate the processor, not just the i5/i7 "K" versions. See page 9 in the MultiBeast Features document. BTW, both of my Zorro build descriptions show a MultiBeast configuration screen snapshot with the SSDT checked.

A little advice please.

I have exactly the same hdwe as Son of Zorro, been running Lion for a good while. Finally had some time to devote to a Mavericks upgrade.

All went swimmingly until the reboot after MultiBeast. The reboot hung and after waiting about 10 minutes I powered down and restarted. The system either reboots itself or hangs.

Sadly, something seems to have happened to my clone disk for Lion; can't manage to boot from it at all.

Thinking about a cold load of Mavericks onto my primary disk. Any reason that shouldn't work? Anything in particular to look out for? I suspect my problem comes from leftover files from Lion and Snow Leopard that I should have removed.

Any opinions welcome.
Tom

I recently tested an installation of Mavericks 10.9.2 on Lion on another system. I had problems, too. Turns out that Lion had kexts that were replace in the MultiBeast for Mt Lion (when upgrading from Lion to Mt Lion), but MultiBeast for Mavericks does not because it assumes your Mavericks installation was from Mt Lion.

Delete FakeSMC and the plug-ins. Run the 10.9.2 Combo update and, then, rerun MultiBeast for Mavericks. Hopefully, this will get you up and running.

I would delete it if I could get to an operable system. Mavericks either hangs or simply reboots continuously. That's why I think a. Old load is in order.

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry, a "cold load". Jeez, I hate auto correct...

I would delete it if I could get to an operable system. Mavericks either hangs or simply reboots continuously. That's why I think a. Old load is in order.

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry, a "cold load". Jeez, I hate auto correct...

I had a similar problem and I boot from the installation usb, than I open terminal and delete FakeSMC and its plugin :)

Hello all, I am running Mavericks 10.9 on a system that is almost identical to the Zorro build:

GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 with F12 Bios.
Intel i7 2700K
Kingston 8Gb Ram in XMP profile1 for 1600Mhz operation
Intel HD 3000 Graphics

Using the guide I did a fresh installation of Mavericks without issues. I am using Intel HD 3000 graphics with no other discrete graphics card installed. HD 3000 is recognized with full 512MB memory.

My problem is graphics related. I have graphic glitches such as white lines with some grayed pixels and also some occasional freezes that seem to be graphic freezes because I can restart the computer using keyboard commands. These seem to be the only problems with my hackintosh. (I don't use imessage and I have disabled sleep)

I have tried:
1) Disabling XMP profile and CPU Turbo boost in Bios
2) GraphicsEnabler Both On and Off
3) IGPEnabler Both On and Off
4) Bios Shared Memory: Both 64+2 and 480+2

My System definition is Mac Pro 3,1... do I need to change this?
Do I need to install fakesmc?
Any other ideas?

Slide,
If you
  • downloaded the DSDT for this motherboard from the tonymacx86 DSDT Database (see downloads menu at the top of this page),
  • set up your BIOS as I did in my Zorro Build Description and
  • followed my guide in the original post in this thread (and my Zorro build description),
you should have no issues.

I use the MacMini5,2 System Definition, but that was only to drive dual monitors. However, it can't hurt to use the MacMini5,1.

I did all that and also installed new chimera 3.0.1 just in case. Also I deactivated processor turbo mode in bios. Multibeast had only macmini 5,1 option... so I tried that too...no goal.

I use a 27 inch monitor at 1920x1200 at 60Hz with DVI connection... could this be a problem?
It is funny though that I have also installed windows on the same system with no graphics problems whatsoever... it must be a driver thing.

What frequency do u use for Internal graphics in Bios?

Also I must mention that the graphic glitches happen mostly in internet browsing using safari or chrome.

I did all that and also installed new chimera 3.0.1 just in case. Also I deactivated processor turbo mode in bios. Multibeast had only macmini 5,1 option... so I tried that too...no goal.

I use a 27 inch monitor at 1920x1200 at 60Hz with DVI connection... could this be a problem?
It is funny though that I have also installed windows on the same system with no graphics problems whatsoever... it must be a driver thing.

What frequency do u use for Internal graphics in Bios?

Also I must mention that the graphic glitches happen mostly in internet browsing using safari or chrome.
Oops, yes, I use the MacMini5,1 SysDef on Zorro. With Zorro, I'm using HD3000 and the motherboard's DVI and HDMI connections successfully, driving two Dell 24" Ultrasharp monitors at 1920x1200 resolution. My BIOS settings are documented in my Zorro build description, the link of which is in my signature block; I have not made any changes to the BIOS since I document documented the setup in the build description. Zorro's Mavericks MultiBeast settings are documented both in the original post in this thread and in the Zorro build description. It just works. :thumbup:

My last thought...you said you're dual booting - Windoze and OS X. See Going Bald's guide for information on how to set up dual booting. His current guide is http://www.tonymacx86.com/multi-booting/96000-guide-dual-booting-mountain-lion-windows-8-a.html, but his older guide has a lot of insights, too. http://www.tonymacx86.com/snow-leop...multibooting-novice-updated-3-12-see-log.html

I'm pleased to report that my system is now running Mavericks.

I did it a couple of times, though. Eventually, I used Migration Assistant to move my data only. Something got messed up when it moved applications and users and the system wouldn't complete a reboot.

Now, on to getting two DVI displays working!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back