Contribute
Register

Guide for Installing Mavericks on Two Z68X-UD3H Systems - One Using HD3000 / One Using 6850

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did a clean install on a new SSD today and upgraded to a GTX650 using Stork's guide and it went well: USB 3.0 worked, sleep worked. MySystem recognized all the components. Then I shutdown and started adding the rest of my system: ram (16gb), other HDs, PCIe cards and now it goes to black screen after 5 seconds of apple screen :( I noticed on the Chimera screen the graphics were grainy (low res).

Uninstalled the cards, ram, etc. and used this: -v -f GraphicsEnabler=No IGPEnabler=No nv_disable=1

I got in but my graphics are displaying 600x800 and I can't make changes in Mavericks. Under MySystem it shows: "NVIDIA Chip Model 1MB."

Did I do something to the graphics card?

I did a clean install on a new SSD today with my upgraded GTX650 card and it went well: USB 3.0 worked, sleep worked. MySystem recognized all the components. Then I shutdown and started adding the rest of my system: ram (16gb), other HDs, PCIe cards and now it goes to black screen after 5 seconds of apple screen :( I noticed on the Chimera screen the graphics were grainy (low res).

Uninstalled the cards, ram, etc. and used this: -v -f GraphicsEnabler=No IGPEnabler=No nv_disable=1

I got in but my graphics are displaying 600x800 and I can't make changes in Mavericks. Under MySystem it shows: "NVIDIA Chip Model 1MB."

Did I do something to the graphics card?

Strange, it works fine now. Hopefully, just a fluke.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back