Contribute
Register

Guide for Installing Lion on the 4530s Version 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys I wanted to share my experience upgrading to 10.7.4.
I finally did it today with great success. I install the combo updater and immediately afterwards I installed the kexts by Big Donkey using the Kext Wizard. After that I rebuild the cache and repair permissions using the Kext Wizard. Restarted and everything seems to be working.

I follow the indications by rum agent, John V, and Big Donkey (I think I have quoted everybody, and I am sorry if I forgot anyone).

I would like this opportunity to thank you all.

My download of Lion is already 10.7.4. Are there new steps I need to follow? The probook installer only goes to 10.7.3. Thanks!

John V said:
[quote="Kotek Besar":3phtw56f]Yes I did, but no joy.

I'm thinking of booting from rboot LE again, this time running the HP Probook Installer, then installing BigDonkey's kexts, then Rebuild Cache and Repair Permissions using Kext Wizard's Maintenance tab, then restarting.

Just need to finish doing something on the W7 partition then I'll try the above..

That was my next recommendation.[/quote:3phtw56f]
That sorted it.. ;)

tastee said:
My download of Lion is already 10.7.4. Are there new steps I need to follow? The probook installer only goes to 10.7.3. Thanks!

Good question! I'm going to take a guess here and after you install 10.7.4 don't restart and follow the procedure with installing the Big Donkey's kexts with Kext Wizard:

viewtopic.php?p=386705#p386705

You'll have to copy the kexts and Kext Wizard on a USB stick to move to the laptop.

hi folks, i've some issue with web cam, the image is veeeeeery dark, how it can be fix?
i trie logitech c510 is work fine.

/edit: Nevermind, just downloaded a copy of 1.7.3.

upgraded mine yesterday to 10.74...i followed the instructions from big donkey/gerad etc but when i rebooted after installing the kexts and running the kext wizard (repairing permissions/cache etc) the machine wouldn't boot

i used the r-boot cd to boot into the os to attempt a repair

in the end i got it to work by using multi beast 4.5.1 in the same way i would do with a desktop mackintosh...everything worked except the audio...so i copied the big donkey kexts to the desktop and installed them using next beast

now everything seems to be ok on 10.74 except the Fn key does something to the bluetooth icon when you press it and F8 simultaneously (the icon turns blue) and the ctrl key seems to be operating as the Fn key

i also installed the bluetooth fix kext but haven't tested that yet

Benchmark Summary
Integer Score 8439 |||||||
Floating Point Score 14402 |||||||||||||
Memory Score 5156 ||||
Stream Score 6796 ||||||

Geekbench Score 9705 ||||||||

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back