Contribute
Register

Guide for Installing Lion on the 4530s Version 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
John V said:
rumagent said:
Hi,

Will this guide be updated to 10.7.4? Or can I use the HP installer tool as is?

Download Big Donkey's kexts:
viewtopic.php?p=372765#p372765

Download Kext Wizard:
http://www.osx86.net/downloads.php?do=file&id=1604

Download and Install 10.7.4 Combo Updater but DO NOT RESTART:
http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1524?view ... cale=en_US

Install Big Donkey's kexts using Kext Wizard ( Use the Installation Tab )
Run Rebuild Cache and Repair Permissions using Kext Wizard's Maintenance tab... this might take a while - about 10 minutes or so.

Once Kext Wizard is finished restart and all should be good!

I tried to follow the above but I made a mistake. Instead of downloading the standalone 10.7.4 combo installer I allowed Software Update to update automatically, but didn't restart, then I installed the kexts as described above, then I restarted. But of course then I couldn't boot.

So I followed the post here:
John V said:
Chipsybg said:
Guys, I just replaced my screen with the V4 1080p and now the installer is a no go.
Can't get it to boot from the Flash drive. Tried -F -X -V, it always get to a random point and stops. Windows installed without a issue, Lion can't boot at all :?

Try this method to boot up... using rBoot-LE:

If you are foolish enough to install the combo-updater and restart without running the HP Probook Installer you'll have problems booting into Lion. The solution that worked for me was TonyMac's rBoot-LE http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2011/09/ ... -lion.html

In the words of TonyMac, "This CD will rescue existing installations of Snow Leopard or Lion. It will also boot an xMove created partitions. It will boot xMove, allowing a fresh Lion install."

It's a very small file, about 11 megs. I'd tried to burn/install onto a CD with Toast but no luck. But I had success burning a CD with Apple's Disk Utility.

Insert the rBoot-LE CD into your HP and restart. Once you see the Chimera startup screen press a key once, this will bring up the bootable partition screen. Select the Lion partition and press the Enter key to continue. The boot process takes a while, about 20+ minutes for me! The screen might turn white and/or blue for a while but just let in run and it will eventually boot to your desktop.

From there run the latest HP Probook Installer, eject the rBoot-LE CD and restart.

Print these instructions and place the rBoot-LE CD in your laptop case for emergencies!
..and I successfully booted in to my Lion installation and I proceeded to install BigDonkey's texts as per the first quoted post. Then I restarted, but still cannot boot (KP during boot).

Any pointers on what I should do greatly appreciated!

Likemike said:
This happens to my Probook 4530s only if I start it in battery mode (no cable pluged). Anyone knows how to solve this?

Check at FAQ's for the solution

nikstar said:
Likemike said:
This happens to my Probook 4530s only if I start it in battery mode (no cable pluged). Anyone knows how to solve this?

Check at FAQ's for the solution

Thank you! I will try. Sry for the question, could have found it myself :banghead:

Kotek Besar said:
viewtopic.php?p=372765#p372765[/url]

Download Kext Wizard:
http://www.osx86.net/downloads.php?do=file&id=1604

Download and Install 10.7.4 Combo Updater but DO NOT RESTART:
http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1524?view ... cale=en_US

Install Big Donkey's kexts using Kext Wizard ( Use the Installation Tab )
Run Rebuild Cache and Repair Permissions using Kext Wizard's Maintenance tab... this might take a while - about 10 minutes or so.

Once Kext Wizard is finished restart and all should be good!

I tried to follow the above but I made a mistake. Instead of downloading the standalone 10.7.4 combo installer I allowed Software Update to update automatically, but didn't restart, then I installed the kexts as described above, then I restarted. But of course then I couldn't boot.

So I followed the post here:
John V said:
Chipsybg said:
Guys, I just replaced my screen with the V4 1080p and now the installer is a no go.
Can't get it to boot from the Flash drive. Tried -F -X -V, it always get to a random point and stops. Windows installed without a issue, Lion can't boot at all :?

Try this method to boot up... using rBoot-LE:

If you are foolish enough to install the combo-updater and restart without running the HP Probook Installer you'll have problems booting into Lion. The solution that worked for me was TonyMac's rBoot-LE http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2011/09/ ... -lion.html

In the words of TonyMac, "This CD will rescue existing installations of Snow Leopard or Lion. It will also boot an xMove created partitions. It will boot xMove, allowing a fresh Lion install."

It's a very small file, about 11 megs. I'd tried to burn/install onto a CD with Toast but no luck. But I had success burning a CD with Apple's Disk Utility.

Insert the rBoot-LE CD into your HP and restart. Once you see the Chimera startup screen press a key once, this will bring up the bootable partition screen. Select the Lion partition and press the Enter key to continue. The boot process takes a while, about 20+ minutes for me! The screen might turn white and/or blue for a while but just let in run and it will eventually boot to your desktop.

From there run the latest HP Probook Installer, eject the rBoot-LE CD and restart.

Print these instructions and place the rBoot-LE CD in your laptop case for emergencies!
..and I successfully booted in to my Lion installation and I proceeded to install BigDonkey's texts as per the first quoted post. Then I restarted, but still cannot boot (KP during boot).

Any pointers on what I should do greatly appreciated![/quote:13wsqp4z]

Did you run the Rebuild Cache and Repair Permissions using Kext Wizard's Maintenance tab after you installed the kexts?

Yes I did, but no joy.

I'm thinking of booting from rboot LE again, this time running the HP Probook Installer, then installing BigDonkey's kexts, then Rebuild Cache and Repair Permissions using Kext Wizard's Maintenance tab, then restarting.

Just need to finish doing something on the W7 partition then I'll try the above..

Kotek Besar said:
Yes I did, but no joy.

I'm thinking of booting from rboot LE again, this time running the HP Probook Installer, then installing BigDonkey's kexts, then Rebuild Cache and Repair Permissions using Kext Wizard's Maintenance tab, then restarting.

Just need to finish doing something on the W7 partition then I'll try the above..

That was my next recommendation.

Hmm....my problem with the black screen is solved with the BIOS method from the FAQ. Seems like the problem with the non functioning sleep mode also. Miracle? :crazy:

Likemike said:
Hmm....my problem with the black screen is solved with the BIOS method from the FAQ. Seems like the problem with the non functioning sleep mode also. Miracle? :crazy:
When I replaced my screen and by using only dual link patch at DSDT miraculously solve that issue too. Did you try it after you patched your DSDT?

nikstar said:
Likemike said:
When I replaced my screen and by using only dual link patch at DSDT miraculously solve that issue too. Did you try it after you patched your DSDT?

I had this error shortly before I ordered the new screen. So it was also there with old screen. I don´t know why, but changing the brightness of the screen in BIOS and saving the setting was the solution for this.

Likemike said:
I don´t know why, but changing the brightness of the screen in BIOS and saving the setting was the solution for this.
saving the BIOS with new value probably refreshed the CMOS, same trick like 'saving defaults' when laptop is acting weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back