Contribute
Register

Guide for Installing Lion on the 4530s Version 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
f4l2z4d said:
Hello my friends , I'm new in this forum. i have 4530s and I want to install MAC OSX on it. I downloaded vmware image file of MAC OSX 7.3 . I have a question , how can I find "OS X Lion.app" on this image ? I also have a Hackintash version and i try to install it but finally its give me error . I want to try this tutorial but it need to "OS X Lion.app". how can i find it ?
sorry for my noob question and my bad English . thanks a lot
vmware is already working virtual system. "OS X Lion.app" can be obtained by purchasing from AppStore

Frak! I accidentally installed the 10.7.3 update through the software update..this killed my machine.
Any way to fix this problem ?

And 10.7.4 is out ! :thumbup:

upgrading to 10.7.4:

i downloaded and ran the 10.7.4 combo updater, then before rebooting, i downloaded and installed a pack of kexts that BigDonkey uploaded in the following thread (first page of the thread, about 2/3 of the way down)

viewtopic.php?f=259&t=59912

rebooted and everything works fine.

faithie999 said:
upgrading to 10.7.4:

i downloaded and ran the 10.7.4 combo updater, then before rebooting, i downloaded and installed a pack of kexts that BigDonkey uploaded in the following thread (first page of the thread, about 2/3 of the way down)

viewtopic.php?f=259&t=59912

rebooted and everything works fine.

When you upgrade can you go directly to 10.7.4? Or do you have do go 7.1, 7.2,etc?
Thanks!

tastee said:
When you upgrade can you go directly to 10.7.4? Or do you have do go 7.1, 7.2,etc?
Thanks!
If you use Combo for an upgrade any 10.7 version is fine.

Hi, many thanks to blueking for leading the charge here. The install seemed to go smoothly but am stuck on a few problems. The system boots fine but requires an external keyboard and mouse.

I have a HP ProBook 4530s (A7K07UT#ABA) Notebook Intel Core i5 2450M(2.50GHz) 15.6" 4GB Memory DDR3 1333 500GB HDD 7200rpm DVD Super Multi Intel HD Graphics 3000.

The problems I am seeing are that wifi is not working. It has an Atheros AR5B195 card that I thought was supported. Also, keyboard and trackpad go away after rebooting after the install. They do work while I install and run probook Installer.

The system has bios A0. I can install everything save the SSDT; there isn't one that matches 2450M. If I try one of the other SSDTs I get a failure.

Any hints, help would be appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back