Contribute
Register

Guide for Installing Lion on the 4530s Version 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
solidslash said:
Quick question. I've watched several videos on youtube showing lion on the 4530s and I've been wondering - the colors look a bit odd in most of them. The blue looks kind of purple-ish, everything's got a weird "hue" (?). Is this the case in a normal day-to-day usage? Was this fixed since the videos were recorded?

Huge thanks to all of you who contributed in this, you guys made me decide on getting a 4530s ASAP. Cheers!

Color is fine on my screen. Could be just the way the video was captured and how the video file was converted to youtube.

Badd_Blood said:
Should I update to 10.7.3 yet? Is everything working on it?

Also should I get an extra stick of RAM or does it still have graphic glitch problems?

Yep do it! 10.7.3 is stable as a rock. I can't remember if the latest installer has the graphic glitch fix built-in or it needs to be installed separately.

Hi guys! Looking to buy a 4530s... But here is the thing. The config I could afford on Newegg has the Realtek card. Now, is there a fix for this card yet, or would I need to buy the Atheros and install it myself? My other alternative is that I have a old Intel 3945ABG card laying around that I think works. So does this card word with lion? And can it be installed in the laptop? Thanks! :D

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6834158285
is the one I can afford.
Thanks again!

Kenny

Installed yesterday. Worked perfectly! My 4530s of model LY475EA (Swedish version) also had the Atheros WiFi installed at delivery, so WiFi came up directly! :D

Only thing I suggest to add to the instructions is that in the beginning in the "stuff needed" or preparations section you should add that the BIOS version should be noted down before installing. I had to guess (but guessed right though!) Don't know how much a wrong DSDT would harm the installation and probably this can be corrected afterwards, but anyway, this would remove any uncertainty during the otherwise straightforward instruction.

Cheers and thanks Blueking :clap:

Can somebody paste the content of the current /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist for the stock 4530s installation? I managed to screw it up while trying to change boot order, and it is not re-newed when i re-install Chimera.

Thanks.

Does anyone else have problems with key repeat? For example if you hold down 'f' it will not repeat the key. But if I hold down 'shift-@' the key will repeat. I have key repeat on in options but the letter keys do not repeat.

Also: I upgraded to 10.7.3 and it went perfectly! Great job

Badd_Blood said:
Does anyone else have problems with key repeat? For example if you hold down 'f' it will not repeat the key. But if I hold down 'shift-@' the key will repeat. I have key repeat on in options but the letter keys do not repeat.

Off topic, better start a new thread for that so that also other people can easily recognize that.

beow said:
Can somebody paste the content of the current /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist for the stock 4530s installation? I managed to screw it up while trying to change boot order, and it is not re-newed when i re-install Chimera.

Thanks.

just use the probook installer it will over wright.

Fixed it. Under Settings->Displays->Colours->Colour tab I unchecked the 'Show profiles for this display only' box and 4 more colour profiles appeared. I'm not sure what the difference is, but 'Generic RBG Profile' looks, and sounds, right. This makes the colours look normal again

Well **** me that's fantastic...my display been kinda purple funny since I hacked my pro book and I've never knew it could be so easily fixed! Infact my whole display looks so much better now :D

Thank you to the original poster of this! Should be in the FAQ BK?

Peace :wave:

Hello my friends , I'm new in this forum. i have 4530s and I want to install MAC OSX on it. I downloaded vmware image file of MAC OSX 7.3 . I have a question , how can I find "OS X Lion.app" on this image ? I also have a Hackintash version and i try to install it but finally its give me error . I want to try this tutorial but it need to "OS X Lion.app". how can i find it ?
sorry for my noob question and my bad English . thanks a lot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back