Contribute
Register

Guide for Installing Lion on the 4530s Version 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
ulrich_ulrich2 said:
blueking said:
8. Now you should be at the Installer screen. Hit continue to select your language.
We don't get further at this point. After following the first steps, we do not get anything but a black screen, then the apple logo and again black screen without any kind of hardware activity. Any suggestions? (HP Probook 4730s)

Trying this way of installation viewtopic.php?f=259&t=37167&start=97
failed as well

we are helpless!!!
What is your BIOS version and Radeon card type?
Installer for 4730S needs dsdt.aml in /Extra folder because of the screen size dual-link is used by default.

As temporary work-around you can rename AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext in /System/Library/Extensions folder and follow with installation at lower resolution.

Just want to add that I've successfully joined the ProBook Lion clan. Thank you all that contributed to this guide. I'm running a ProBook 4530s [A7K05UT#ABA], waiting for me wifi card to come in to get wireless working, other than that, everything works great.

Just wondering if any one knows if the wireless card in HP ProBook 4530s (A7K05UT#ABA) Notebook Intel Core i3 2350M(2.30GHz) is Ralink or Atheros. I tried unsuccessfully to figure it out last night using this site and looking around the web. I'm looking at the currently available units at Newegg- A7K05UT#ABA, A7K06UT#ABA, LJ519UT#ABA, A7K07UT#ABA, LJ521UT#ABA.

If someone could help me figure out which ones use the atheros wireless card, I'd appreciate it.

HandyMac said:
Just wondering if any one knows if the wireless card in HP ProBook 4530s (A7K05UT#ABA) Notebook Intel Core i3 2350M(2.30GHz) is Ralink or Atheros. I tried unsuccessfully to figure it out last night using this site and looking around the web. I'm looking at the currently available units at Newegg- A7K05UT#ABA, A7K06UT#ABA, LJ519UT#ABA, A7K07UT#ABA, LJ521UT#ABA.

If someone could help me figure out which ones use the atheros wireless card, I'd appreciate it.

The A7K05UT#ABA has Realtek RTL8188CE.

All the models you listed, only the two have Atheros wifi.
A7K07UT#ABA
LJ521UT#ABA

Here's a tip, if the laptop has Bluetooth, it will usually have the Atheros card, since wifi+bluetooth are integrated.

For specs see HP site.

solarex said:
HandyMac said:
Here's a tip, if the laptop has Bluetooth, it will usually have the Atheros card, since wifi+bluetooth are integrated.

For specs see HP site.

You're misguiding the man (not intentionally I suppose). According to the latest 4530s service manual, there is only one adaptor (of all, which can be found in the 4x30s series, 6 total), which is not WiFi+Bluetooth combo card and this is Realtek 8188GN. All other cards (Atheros 9285, Realtek 8188BC8, Ralink 5390GN, Ralink 8190BC8 and Intel Advanced-N 6230) are combo cards with Bluetooth 2.0 or 3.0. There is also one undocumented WiFi-only adaptor, which is also compatible with the 4x30s series and this is Broadcom 4313, SPS: 600370-001, but I really can't recommend it to anyone, since it's Lite N 72 Mbps only and it has no OSX support. So even if the laptop has Bluetooth, that doesn't mean it will have exactly an Atheros adaptor.

Edit: oh, my mistake, Ralink 5390GN is WiFi-only adaptor, that makes oficially 2 WiFi-only adaptors and 4 combos.

philip_petev said:
You're misguiding the man (not intentionally I suppose). According to the latest 4530s service manual, there is only one adaptor (of all, which can be found in 4x30s series, 6 total), which is not WiFi+Bluetooth combo card and this is Realtek 8188GN. All other cards (Atheros 9285, Realtek 8188BC8, Ralink 5390GN, Ralink 8190BC8 and Intel Advanced-N 6230) are combo cards with Bluetooth 2.0 or 3.0. There is also one undocumented WiFi-only adaptor, which is also compatible with the 4x30s series and this is Broadcom 4313, SPS: 600370-001, but I really can't recommend it to anyone, since it's Lite N 72 Mbps only and it has no OSX support. So even if the laptop has Bluetooth, that doesn't mean it will have exactly an Atheros adaptor.
You are absolutely right. Realtek 8188BC8 amongst the wifi+bt combo.

Hey, quick question. I've got a 4530 with a Toshiba HD and wanting to install OSX onto it without erasing the restore partition. Is that possible? I erased the Windows partition (about 450gb) and reformated it as OSX Journaled indexed but it says it is still read only.

Should I update to 10.7.3 yet? Is everything working on it?

Also should I get an extra stick of RAM or does it still have graphic glitch problems?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back