Contribute
Register

Guide for Installing Lion on the 4530s Version 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is a tip: If you contact HP support they will mail you restore discs for your Probook to reset it back to factory Windows install. So if you want to sell the computer or start fresh again it could help out a lot. :thumbup:

Badd_Blood said:
Here is a tip: If you contact HP support they will mail you restore discs for your Probook to reset it back to factory Windows install. So if you want to sell the computer or start fresh again it could help out a lot. :thumbup:

Good to know. I might not have gone to the trouble of imaging all the partitions before I wiped and installed Win7 Ultimate and imaged yet again.

ZiggyStardog said:
Finally successful today on a low-end 4530s 2.3 Ghz i3 unit.

The Unibeast 1.2.0 USB drive just would not boot at all.

Does anyone who's lived with Lion on a 4530s for a while have any recommendations on this installer v.s. MultiBeast going forward? I'm waiting on an Atheros WiFi adapter, so I'll be focusing on getting dual boot setup and other tweaks before I circle back to the updates on Lion.

Thanks to all involved...

Hi,

yeah I can sing you a song regarding USB sticks alright. I had tried on 3 sticks and finally got it to work on a 32GB Sandisk Cruzer stick. The 16GB version wouldn't work, and a CnMemory 8GB also didn't work. I'm happy I got it to work in the end, and in all (stick) cases I got a 'good' sound after completing the installation to the stick. In all cases I followed the guide to the letter... and in 2 out of 3 cases to no avail.
The 32GB stick worked but took forever to finish really.

For dual boot go to the 10.6 support subforum here and then the 10.6 Guides section, there is a good guide there...

Good luck.

HI.
I have a HP DV7-6140 with Intel wireless-n 1030.
Can you say to me what wireless card do I buy to make it work on Windows and Mac.
But it must be included in HP's Bios Whitelist.

nikitosian said:
HI.
I have a HP DV7-6140 with Intel wireless-n 1030.
Can you say to me what wireless card do I buy to make it work on Windows and Mac.
But it must be included in HP's Bios Whitelist.

The one that works for sure, as I am using it and lots of other people, is the Atheros 9285.
AR9285 for our laptop PN:593127-001 in the HP shop.
The card alsoBT BlueTooth and with some manual installation effort that works fairly well.

The HP shop starts here: http://h20141.www2.hp.com/Hpparts/CountryChoice.aspx and choose your country first, then search for the part number.

IF it works for your DV7 machine!!?? No clue, but it is well supported in OSX and is an original HP. It is a PCIe (express) HALF mini card! Not a full size PCIe card. Make sure you also have a HALF mini PCIe card or slot as otherwise it will definitely not work.
A HALF mini is roughly about an inch by an inch in size... a mini PCIe is about 2 x 1 inch... roughly. So a definite size difference.

Also on sites like google and insanelymac (the wiki) there are lists which you can use and figure out what works.

EDIT: Just looked it up on the HP site, went to the manual for hw maintenance on it.
The DV7 is different from our HP Probooks. (Duhuh!) And you will need:
Atheros AR9285 802.11b/g/n 1×1 WiFi Adapter
part number 605560-005
and that is a single wifi card, you seem to have BT already separately.

Enjoy...

Beautiful guide, but I have had very little luck getting it to work much- battery, wifi, and internal keyboard mouse don't work
Intel i3 2.1Ghz
4GB RAM
probook 4530s

I have used Unibeast to create install USB on both a seagate external HDD, 160GB
and 32GB Flash drive.
When either of these is plugged in on boot up, it freezes at "press esc for bios options whatever etc."
for the 160GB drive, if i plug it in right after hitting boot options it will load and install.
On the USB stick, BIOS freezes every time and I can figure out absolutely nothing to boot from it.
When I installed Lion from the 160GB external it installed fine, but throughout the whole process, I had to use an external USB keyboard and mouse. It would not recognize the internal keyboard nor trackpad.
I have used the pro book installer for 4530s, installed various kexts, repaired permissions, reinstalled 2-4 times, etc. and nothing is helping.

-battery icon has an X and says no battery installed
-WiFi (atheros- I checked) never shows up even in sysprefs
-Internal keyboard/mouse never recognized

it is relatively useless right now : /
Any help would be greatly be appreciated!

I laughed at putting "acer", "best" and "laptops" in one sentence :lol:

First, special thanks to Probook 4530s team.
I just got my Probook 4430s to day, and follow the installation guide, it work like charm, only 0.1% is BT not work from sleep. That never mine i don't use any BT device.

just 1 question. i install istats 3.0, and just recognize my i5 only work with 2 threads, these other 2 not work even i run 3 or 4 app together, and some time it laggy. Some one help me out with this issue. Thanks again, again, you guys are rock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back