Contribute
Register

Guide for Installing Lion on the 4530s Version 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright, I'll try that as soon as I get home (in about 6-7 hours?). How do I boot in verbose mode? What menu? Thanks.

Still doesn't work :( I booted from the Installer in verbose mode, but the verbose thing runs and then the screen just turns black without even showing the bootup screen

Hello guys,

I installed Mac OS X 10.7.3 on my ProBook 4730s (i5-2410M, BIOS F20, 8GB RAM, HD3000 + Radeon HD6490M). Installer works fine, thanks.
But still happens freezes and graphical glitches.
Can somebody help me fix this issue?

stephenkil12 said:
Still doesn't work :( I booted from the Installer in verbose mode, but the verbose thing runs and then the screen just turns black without even showing the bootup screen

Try hitting the wifi button

blueking - Did your blog got hacked??? I have
it booked marked and when I click on it, it says blog not found. But when I click on the signature it says bluekings blog.

jcarlo said:
blueking - Did your blog got hacked??? I have
it booked marked and when I click on it, it says blog not found. But when I click on the signature it says bluekings blog.

He changed the name, so your old bookmarked one for blueking no longer exists..

-Edit: can't type b k r i b b s anymore.. it changes to blueking :problem:

icesad said:
Hi! Bros. I solved sleep problem with F09 DSDT :D. But until now, I can't soled brightness when boot with only batterry. I followed the guide in FAQ many time, but can't solve it permantly
"My screen is black when I boot on battery, how do I fix that?

Well, you can turn it up by hitting fn and f3.

On boot, if you hit esc, it will enter BIOS. Here, turn it up with fn and f3, and then save the settings with F10 (I believe), and it will permanently eliminate this problem.
"
Here's what I do:
- Power on the laptop
- Press ESC to enter Bios(there are some options to choose), h still normal
- Press Fn+F3, then press F10, it take me to Bios Configuration.
- Press F10 again, save the setting and reboot(also tried reboot with out save bios setting, just press F10 once)
- Screen become black :banghead: , I have to manual press Fn+F3 to turn on screen
Can you show me how to fix. Thank all!

blueking said:
Try hitting fn and f3 until it is all the way up.

I originally had the screen blackness issue on startup. After digging through the forum here's an added detail that may save some others a little trouble.

The process (above) works but it must be done from a BOOT not a restart... if you try to do it from a restart the brightness won't change on the BIOS screen and it will still show up blackscreen on startup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back