Contribute
Register

Guide for Installing Lion on the 4530s Version 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, I have a question about installation. I need a computer (MAC) with installed Lion to get it into my HP 4530s? Or I where I can get the Lion OS? Thank you for your answers, I really want a Lion OS :(

Jackynek said:
Hello, I have a question about installation. I need a computer (MAC) with installed Lion to get it into my HP 4530s? Or I where I can get the Lion OS? Thank you for your answers, I really want a Lion OS :(

Yes, you need a Mac computer with Snow Leopard or Lion to format USB flash drive
and use "App Store" to download "Lion OS X" for $29
or order Lion directly from Apple on USB drive for $69

BigDonkey said:
Jackynek said:

Yes, you need a Mac computer with Snow Leopard or Lion to format USB flash drive
and use "App Store" to download "Lion OS X" for $29
or order Lion directly from Apple on USB drive for $69

And I cant use my friends USB with Lion? If is he using I cant use it one more time, right?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Would something like this:

mind_bomb1 said:
If you want downgrade bios in UX31 / UX21 you need start WinFlash the BIOS flashing utility with parameter /nodate

Click Start
-> type RUN start it ..
-> then paste this text -
"C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\WinFlash\WinFlash.exe" /nodate

it will work if you have WinFlash installed in that directory, if you need BIOS files download them from Asus support site
this will allow you to downgrade BIOS. … BUT I just installed Lion with 211(latest) BIOS. I just didn’t know what to do anymore so I just made a new USB with new UniBeast 1.1 and it worked. I think there was a problem with GUID / Boot partitions that’s why I couldn’t boot Lion any more.
Now I installed Lion but I can boot only with –x flag and only through Chimera on the USB. I Can’t install Chimera somehow it acts as there’s in no write permissions on the drive don't know exactly why.
I’ll try installing Mountain Lion later on.. will see

Work for downgrading BIOS if we wanted to?

blueking said:
You can but you still need access to a Mac.

You know, I desperately looked for a Mac before installing Lion on my HP 4530s, but I didn't know the admin password of the only ones available to me. :thumbdown:

I ended up using VMWare on Win7 with a Lion virtual machine to format the USB drive and do the rest of the operations and had success installing Lion afterwards.

Yeah, I know, a lot of hassle, but I'm now the proud owner of a hackintosh. :mrgreen:

I think i found some workaround for graphic glitches, i don't have any precise idea what is causing them, but i taught they are appearing because the memory of GPU is separated in wrong way from RAM, i installed an app called FreeMemory (there is either free or 0,99$ version-only difference is the ability to change menubar icon) and bam, i have an insight to my memory (Mac is eating a lot of it) i can free it according to my needs, and i'm glitch/freeze free for 2 days now. :headbang:

I am fully working on MAC OS, thanks a lot for your easy guide!!!

Best Regards!

I don't have any graphic glitches/freezes on 4530s i3.
Installed 2x Kingston ValueRAM KVR1333D3S9/4G - Memory - 4 GB

in org.chameleon.Boot.plist

<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>

Inmike09 said:
Hey Guys! I was wondering if everyone with the Atheros AR9285 wlan chipset gets connections at only 65 Mbps? It is a 150 Mbps card so I would expect connections of atleast 130 Mbps.

I have this problem too. Can it be fixed somehow?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back