Contribute
Register

Guide for Installing Lion on the 4530s Version 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just hold down the wifi button, upper right of keyboard, for about a 1 second.

John V said:
Just hold down the wifi button, upper right of keyboard, for about a 1 second.

no effects.

I tried to remove all itens inside network then add again and still "Wi-Fi: Active" then "Wi-Fi: Searching Network" in an eternal loop.

:banghead:

Thank's for your time.

I have a Ralink Wifi adapter in my hp 4530s which I don't believe works with lion. Am I correct or are there drivers available for it now?

Also if not can someone help me with a reliable link where i can buy the atheros wireless card? I have looked on ebay and some of them don't seem to be originals, the listings suggest that they may be fake copies which may cause driver issues.

If someone could give me a link to a buyer which they have used and the card has been confirmed working I would be very thankful!

DavGerm4 said:
The socket should be the same, but I didn't know that the processors were upgradeable in the laptops? I know that some laptops you can do that, but didn't know the HP ProBooks could do that. If I could update this sucker to an i7, that would be dope!

You can, it's been done... try checking in 1 of the upgrades topics in the sub forum and look for it, they'll have advice and specs for you too :thumbup:

thanks for the reply

just checked on the website in your post and the shipping is almost $50 as i live in the UK!

but i found the same part on the HP website for £15 so will be going for that. Direct from HP and a good price - can't complain

Sorry, didn't know you were in the UK, but glad you found it!

That's the one I have in my 4430s, and can confirm it working!

Also, I'm stupid, just looked at where the webcam is supposed to be, and I don't even have one! It's just covered up with a plastic piece. No wonder I never had camera working...

So, like someone asked earlier, could we buy the webcam part made for the 4530s models, and install it in the 4430s?

DavGerm4 said:
So, like someone asked earlier, could we buy the webcam part made for the 4530s models, and install it in the 4430s?

Actually, some 4430S models come with the camera

Display bezel - HP ProBook 4430/4431s models with a webcam 646345-001 $95
(14.0-inch) display assembly, anti-glare, with webcam 646992-001 $306
Webcam module 642795-001 $20
Webcam cable 646275-001 $11

listed above are basic parts and we don't know if any components are missing on motherboard that make camera work.

So, it's up to someone with 4430S buy parts as needed, test, report back.

My 4430s shipped with a camera. The 4430s that I got for the i5 did not come with one. My camera seems to be the same one that's in the 4530s, but I have not checked the hardware manuals for part numbers.

nikstar said:
You do not have to push it. But I did a lot of times using photoshop and video rendering without problem.
I had these lines at the past, but they did not reappear since September.
My system is Vanilla plus the Extra.kext of bkribs from the first thread with these kexts inside
AHCIPortInjector.kext
AppleACPIBatteryManager.kext
AppleHDADisabler.kext
ATAPortInjector.kext

FakeSMC.kext
JMicron36xATA.kext
JMicron36xSATA.kext
JMicronATAInjector.kext

PXHCD.kext
VoodooBattery.kext
VoodooHDA.kext

I am having the model with HD3000 only, F,09, 10.7.1 and the second memory is the cheapest I found at ebay for 18~ Euro.
I post all this info a lot of times and if you want the link for the Ram I can search later for you.
I do not know if I have the magic hardware-software combination, but is working perfect (at least up to now).

The bolded kexts are the one that are no longer used. Perhaps one of those helps?

I think I remember someone saying they though appleHDA may contribute.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back