Contribute
Register

Guide for Installing Lion on the 4530s Version 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
blueking said:
Have built 2 of the HP 4530s and the only things that are still giving me trouble are the bluetooth and wifi. I know the bluetooth is problematic and won't pursue that here. However, I could do with some thoughts as to what's going on with wifi. I can see wireless networks, and attempt to connect, but I can't connect to any network using a passcode. The atheros works properly, as I can connect to the network if I boot in win 7, but just can't connect from 10.7.2. Thoughts?

ghorwith said:
blueking said:
Have built 2 of the HP 4530s and the only things that are still giving me trouble are the bluetooth and wifi. I know the bluetooth is problematic and won't pursue that here. However, I could do with some thoughts as to what's going on with wifi. I can see wireless networks, and attempt to connect, but I can't connect to any network using a passcode. The atheros works properly, as I can connect to the network if I boot in win 7, but just can't connect from 10.7.2. Thoughts?

Delete the ethernet and wifi in the system preferences. Add them back.

Hey guys every so often I get a kernel panic, am I the only one?
I'm running 10.7.2 from the combo update (Installed 10.7 then hp installer, followed by the combo and hp installer again with new settings)

Also freezing every so often when full screening stuff (mouse is the only thing that will move), is this related to having move than 4gb of ram?

Also the witi still drops all the time, I tried installing the kexts from the vanillia installer using next helper as suggested here. it says success but then I have to force quit it, also tried manually placing then in s/l/e and rebuilding with kext util.
Still getting sporadic drops, driving me nuts! Should I just buy a apple wifi card?
Can it fix my problem? (I have the Atheros one now)

Sorry to bombard the forum with questions but I'd like to know if I'm alone here..
I attached a screen shot of the panic and a console log

Attachments

• 2011-12-23 01.44.27.jpg
    2011-12-23 01.44.27.jpg
    830.2 KB · Views: 111
  • console.log
    377.4 KB · Views: 102
hi,
I brought everything to run.
The SSD and 8 GB are recognized wonderful.
But I have a problem with the wireless card.
When I down loaded files (larger amount) of the laptop has no internet more.
But on the other computer works wonderfully on the internet.
what can i do?

HI...

I have a problem at boot... Display when arrive to login windows it's black no backlight.
i need to us fn + f3 to switch on.

I also have some times system block (no kernel panic)
mouse still move, but no way to do anythink,
if i try to rise up voulme no sound and now windows that show volume up

Also VGA problem in this post:
viewtopic.php?f=259&t=43054

My bios is F.20

Someone can help me?
Thanks

mccoy88f said:
HI...

I have a problem at boot... Display when arrive to login windows it's black no backlight.
i need to us fn + f3 to switch on.

I also have some times system block (no kernel panic)
mouse still move, but no way to do anythink,
if i try to rise up voulme no sound and now windows that show volume up

Also VGA problem in this post:
viewtopic.php?f=259&t=43054

My bios is F.20

Someone can help me?
Thanks

Hit esc at boot, and turn brightness up, then save it.

jjjooonnn said:
Hey guys every so often I get a kernel panic, am I the only one?
I'm running 10.7.2 from the combo update (Installed 10.7 then hp installer, followed by the combo and hp installer again with new settings)

Also freezing every so often when full screening stuff (mouse is the only thing that will move), is this related to having move than 4gb of ram?

Also the witi still drops all the time, I tried installing the kexts from the vanillia installer using next helper as suggested here. it says success but then I have to force quit it, also tried manually placing then in s/l/e and rebuilding with kext util.
Still getting sporadic drops, driving me nuts! Should I just buy a apple wifi card?
Can it fix my problem? (I have the Atheros one now)

Sorry to bombard the forum with questions but I'd like to know if I'm alone here..
I attached a screen shot of the panic and a console log

Use kextbeast to install the kext, delete the old one first.

-senf- said:
hi,
I brought everything to run.
The SSD and 8 GB are recognized wonderful.
But I have a problem with the wireless card.
When I down loaded files (larger amount) of the laptop has no internet more.
But on the other computer works wonderfully on the internet.
what can i do?

See above.

Can someone with a hd 3000 only 4530s on F20 please try to use the radeon dsdt for F20 and see how it works?

If it doesn't boot, you can boot with dsdt=no

Hi folks,
I successfully installed Lion 10.7.0 and updated to 10.7.1 and 10.7.2 on my german 4530s via this guide, so thanks to blueking, tonymacx86 and all people involved in making hackintoshs work.

Some things are still bugging my though:

- At 10.7.0 I had a keyboard and mouse missing warning after every boot, couldn't do anything but plug both in to interact with the system, altough both were actually working.
- At 10.7.1 I just rebooted once, but no warning about the keyboard or mouse popped up.
- At 10.7.2 I get only the keyboard warning, but fortunately I still can interact with the system and use "Force Quit" to close the dialog.
Still this is annoying, I don't want it =)

- when trackpad dragging is activated dragging works well but "clicking/tapping" behaves weirdly and makes the system unusable (i.e. I tap on a menu in the menu bar, and the menu rolles in again just after it rolled out), so it's like I tapped twice with a slight delay
- when dragging is deactivated, clicking works as expected, but dragging is something I really want to use without the actual mouse buttons

- the screen has a very crappy picture, it has very low contrast at any brightness level
- I guess the narrow viewing angle can't be fixed =)

- occasionally the menu bar sometimes does not show up at start, clicking on finder or any other program makes it appear again

- on my machine mirroring does not work, I know it's supposed to be not working but what about closed lid and external display, how would I do that?
- On a regular MacBook one has to close the lid right after the Apple Sound and the Logo is shown, when the actual boot process is finished, the external screen then shows the os, and the book can stay closed.

Further notes:
I just plainly followed the guide and did not do anything manually, like modding or adding kexts/dsdts/???, since I don't know how to do that yet =)
On e thing though, I don't know if I did that correctly: After each update I ran the HP Installer but only checked the corresponding Lion version and did not check all the other stuff which I already checked at the actual Lion installation.

My specs:

HP ProBook 4530s
Radeon HD 6490M (deactivated of course)
Samsung 128 GB SSD
8 GB Ram (4 GB Stock, 4 GB Kingston ValueRAM SO-DIMM PC3-10667S CL9)
Bios F.09

thanks again, and hopefully someone can help me solve my problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back