Contribute
Register

Guide for Installing Lion on the 4530s Version 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Guide for Installing Lion on the HP Probook 4530s Version 3

When I boot on battery power, the display starts on minimum brightness, which on my 4530s is off. Has anyone figured out a fix for this yet so that I can turn up the brightness a bit automatically?

By the way, many thanks to everyone!!! I just got mine today, and it's superb!!!

gerard71 said:
very beautiful your application installer blueking congratulation
However, if you can

I put chameleon and more chimera, because my probook wants nothing to do chimera and I am surely not the only

AppleRTL8169Ethernet.kext I put the ethernet connected as Allor that there is no cable to plug into the ethernet port

the dsdt for those who are graphical problems that is not yet ......

Why does chimera not work? And if you plug in ethernet it works just fine. And yeah, this does not solve the graphics problems I doubt. It may help somewhat though.

mx9k said:
When I boot on battery power, the display starts on minimum brightness, which on my 4530s is off. Has anyone figured out a fix for this yet so that I can turn up the brightness a bit automatically?

By the way, many thanks to everyone!!! I just got mine today, and it's superb!!!

Nope. Sorry. It is kind of annoying. I may look into it now, doubt there is a great fix.

If I use a different base install method (without unibeast) will this installer still work?

Yep it should!

Give it a shot now and see how it works. I prefer it over Chameleon, but you are more then welcome to use Chameleon.

With regard to brightness:

http://blog.egopoly.com/2008/03/26/add- ... -mac-os-x/

This is something that inspired me. Perhaps writing a command script to raise the brightness after boot. I'm not sure how I would do that though... If anyone has any ideas, I would love to hear them!

That's what I was thinking. I can probably do that. Messy way though.

Kudos to BKRIBBS! This is a piece of art! Many thanks for your work...brilliant!

Thank you! Hope it works well for you!

blueking said:
That's what I was thinking. I can probably do that. Messy way though.

That's why I haven't done it yet... it's not vanilla at all.

The other issue is if you have multiple users and automatic login is disabled, OS X boots to the login window before anyone logs in, so it would have to be a startup item instead of a login item.

I'll have to think about this more :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back