Contribute
Register

Guide for Installing Lion on the 4530s Version 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Guide for Installing Lion on the HP Probook 4530s Version 3

bagnolet said:
I just updated from 10.7.1 with 2.5.10 to 10.7.2 with the new installer. Because I didn't remember my BIOS version, I skipped the DSDT. Upon reboot, I saw a new icon on the finder menu bar, it looked like a card reader and the drop down menu said something like jmicron. But after having installed a new DSDT by the installer and rebooted, this icon is gone. What was it ?
BTW, I think I don't need to restore the vanilla kext of the third post, am I right ?

One of the edits in dsdt hides that icon as it's not needed, If you don't choose dsdt from the installer then I believe it deletes your old one as it deletes the entire extra folder and recreates it.

mateusxzzz said:
Hi :)

Could you tell my how to change keyboard settings? :>
I am using polish language and in my language are some letter with strange ends like ?, ó, ?... etc..

And after Installer i can't write it with "alt" :/ I need to use Windows Logo and it's worried... could you help me? :)

It's look like that Windows Logo has Alt Function... And Alt has function of Apple Key? :)

HELP! :)

You can remap the function keys at System Preferences-->Keyboard---> Keybord Tab and click at Modifier. There you can change the Caps Lock, Control, Option and Command (windows at our keyboard) keys

thanks Dewitts for helping me but me i have another line like

<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string></string>
when remove "-v" everything ok thanks dude

please be patient with me because iam new user in mac

i want ask about my delete button in my laptop not work like in windows it didn't delete the file and but it in recycle bin
and problem for brightness when return from sleep
to goes
it not work

Thanks a lot :)
My HackBook form HP works great :)

i had the ethrnet driver old, so when i updated with your new installation file i get panic, now i reinstalled the realtek driver and all works great....thx for you great job, i love my hackbook!!!!!!

bagnolet said:
I just updated from 10.7.1 with 2.5.10 to 10.7.2 with the new installer. Because I didn't remember my BIOS version, I skipped the DSDT. Upon reboot, I saw a new icon on the finder menu bar, it looked like a card reader and the drop down menu said something like jmicron. But after having installed a new DSDT by the installer and rebooted, this icon is gone. What was it ?
BTW, I think I don't need to restore the vanilla kext of the third post, am I right ?

It is because you had no DSDT. There is a patch to remove the icon. And you may not need to, but you may as well, as the wifi works better with vanilla 10.7.2 kext, and you may have had an edited one.

al-kimiya said:
Hi, thanks to blueking for this awesome HP Probook Installer !!
How know bios revision ? f20 ? f0A ? f09 ? f07 ?
Thanks

Boot up, and immediately hit esc for BIOS, or something else for system info and it will say.

toty_king2500 said:
Guys Sorry for my bad problem i solved it

but now i want to ask about booting screen that when i power up my probook and select my mac hd it show me words and lines not usual apple booting screen all that happend after patched my mac ..

i want ask can i change this "lines booting screen" and replace it with original apple booting screen

and iwant ask about brightness that is not work well when i power up my pc i found my screen very bright and i must to hit fn+f2 to reduce the bright and when iwake it from sleep was less bright how can i fi it to be stable

With the new installer, you shouldn't have this.

radius1980 said:
hello mr incredible
i test with your new installer HP Probook Installer.zip version 3 (with clean install 10.7.2)
it's amazing
almost 100% :clap: :thumbup:

on vga port, i can change resolution,
but still cant mirroring

sometimes, screen freezing
i use memory 8Gb

THNKS MR. blueking

Sorry, mirroring seems to not work.

damn, i had another panic, where can i check the log to see what cause the panic?

check the kernel log in console

kernel , log in konsol, i search for panic but no result, what i have to check in particolar?

in the crash report i have those, even if are dated 2 days ago, it is possible? but the hors it happen seems the right one

Process: coreaudiod [623]
Path: /usr/sbin/coreaudiod

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back