Contribute
Register

Guide for Installing Lion on the 4530s Version 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Guide for Installing Lion on the HP Probook 4530s Version 3

liposuction said:
blueking, you need to slow down a sec and take care of blueking. (Specifically your signature. Update it! :) )

Haha thanks. There ya go.

Songokussm said:
Pretty amazing what you guys have done done in the past 2 months. thank you again Probook Team.

Now something interesting:
the graphics lines go away when i only have one stick of 4gb of ram installed. They are back when i have 2x4gb of ram in installed. I do not know if it is an 8GB thing or a two stick issue.

Glad you appreciate everyone's work!

Other users have found the same with ram and graphics.

liposuction said:
blueking, you need to slow down a sec and take care of blueking. (Specifically your signature. Update it! :) )
Ha ha ha funny enough I just mentioned that in the snow leopard topic :p

EugeneY said:
Guys, I will give a solution!
Power on your ProBook when you on the battery. Hit escape and then F10(BIOS). Then fn + f3 to the maximum and "Save and exit". That's all! Next time you will boot up on the battery and there is no need to hit fn + f3 every time.

@blueking
1) What AppleIntelCPUPM you are using in the installer for i5? v159?
2) Is it possible just to post archive with kexts and dsdt's for advanced users? You know, I want to know what kexts and what versions of this kexts I'm installing.
Thank you!

@all who had graphic problems
Do the new installer solve the problem with lines?

I have the i5 2410m with radeon 6470m & 4gb ram and sadly none of the kexts blueking managed to find solved my problems in lion but others have seen improvements

hello mr incredible
i test with your new installer HP Probook Installer.zip version 3 (with clean install 10.7.2)
it's amazing
almost 100% :clap: :thumbup:

on vga port, i can change resolution,
but still cant mirroring

sometimes, screen freezing
i use memory 8Gb

THNKS MR. blueking

Attachments

• screen freezing.jpg
    screen freezing.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 237

Guys Sorry for my bad problem i solved it

but now i want to ask about booting screen that when i power up my probook and select my mac hd it show me words and lines not usual apple booting screen all that happend after patched my mac ..

i want ask can i change this "lines booting screen" and replace it with original apple booting screen

and iwant ask about brightness that is not work well when i power up my pc i found my screen very bright and i must to hit fn+f2 to reduce the bright and when iwake it from sleep was less bright how can i fi it to be stable

toty_king2500 said:
Guys Sorry for my bad problem i solved it

but now i want to ask about booting screen that when i power up my probook and select my mac hd it show me words and lines not usual apple booting screen all that happend after patched my mac ..

i want ask can i change this "lines booting screen" and replace it with original apple booting screen

and iwant ask about brightness that is not work well when i power up my pc i found my screen very bright and i must to hit fn+f2 to reduce the bright and when iwake it from sleep was less bright how can i fi it to be stable

You need to open your org.chameleon.boot.plist (in extra folder using a program like text wrangler) change it from:

<string>kernel flags</string>
<key>-v</key>
to
<string>kernel flags</string>
<key></key>

-v is for verbose booting to see what lines you get when your computer doesn't start up. It's not required all the time.

@BKRIBBS @TONYMACX86, I think this post (the one for the lion and snow leopard 10.6.8) install should go in the golden builds section.

Just a thought =P

Cheers!

Hi, thanks to blueking for this awesome HP Probook Installer !!
How know bios revision ? f20 ? f0A ? f09 ? f07 ?
Thanks

Hi :)

Could you tell my how to change keyboard settings? :>
I am using polish language and in my language are some letter with strange ends like ?, ó, ?... etc..

And after Installer i can't write it with "alt" :/ I need to use Windows Logo and it's worried... could you help me? :)

It's look like that Windows Logo has Alt Function... And Alt has function of Apple Key? :)

HELP! :)

I just updated from 10.7.1 with 2.5.10 to 10.7.2 with the new installer. Because I didn't remember my BIOS version, I skipped the DSDT. Upon reboot, I saw a new icon on the finder menu bar, it looked like a card reader and the drop down menu said something like jmicron. But after having installed a new DSDT by the installer and rebooted, this icon is gone. What was it ?
BTW, I think I don't need to restore the vanilla kext of the third post, am I right ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back