Contribute
Register

Guide for Installing Lion on the 4530s Version 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
well, i was able to boot into it by using an external monitor thru hdmi. i now able to do a fresh install. (i actually had to close the clamshell then reopen i was able to see the desktop on the external monitor)

Has anyone run the airport utility update from software update? Just wondering if it will work and not break my current WiFi???

planetetv said:
Hi,

I have a ProBook 4530s with 4 Go RAM, i5 2430m & a ATI radeon graphics card (+Intel HD of course).

Hackintosh became really hot (when I'm using it & even when it's idle). Does someone have a solution?

(I used the installer v4 on this topic)

Thanks!
Is the fan running ?
Did you disable the ATI Radeon in BIOS ?
Do you have dual boot ? To check if the heat is material related or due to OSX install.

gerard71 said:
this has nothing to do with the wifi probook
  it serves to configure the WiFi hotspots apple that's all ....

Thanks

So I've been running 10.7.4 now for about 1 1/2 weeks, and really the only complaint that I have is every time I boot I get this anoying popup where it seems to be trying to connect to a bluetooth keyboard? Is there any way to fix that???

This is due to your OSX installation.
Did you checked the right SST for your CPU in the Installer ?
Did you installed a lot of widgets in your dashboard ?

Check with Activity Monitor to see if you have a lot of processes running while in idle.

Does anyone know how to fix the time issue when booting to Windows (I have it set to update from the Internet, but I is usually off and I have to go into the setting and do "update now" to get it to work that way)? I know that i saw some registry edit that looked pretty promising, but I can't find it now...

fiddymac said:
Does anyone know how to fix the time issue when booting to Windows (I have it set to update from the Internet, but I is usually off and I have to go into the setting and do "update now" to get it to work that way)? I know that i saw some registry edit that looked pretty promising, but I can't find it now...
I tried the regedit thing, and it worked, but it also threw off all scheduled tasks in the Task Scheduler. It seemed that Windows has a bug there wrt to that registry key.

Another thing I tried was forcing the Windows Time updater to run at startup. You can change the scheduled task in Task Scheduler to run at startup. The problem there is that it won't work if you boot your computer while not connected to the internet. Quite possible while travelling.

There is also a local time adjuster that runs at startup and shutdown on the Mac side. You can copy it to your desktop Tools folder using the v4 installer, then follow the install instructions. I haven't tried that solution yet, but it seems if your Mac side crashes for any reason, then the shutdown code won't execute, but when you restart the startup code will and your clock will be off (also if you boot into Windows after a Mac crash, your clock will be off). When I have time, I plan to write some scripts that work around that on both the Windows and Mac side but haven't had time as of yet.

What I do instead of all these is set the Mac to not update the time, and set it to UTC instead of the local time (Reykjavík, Iceland). This probably screws up time stamps on files, because my clock is clearly not set to UTC, it is set to PDST (which is 7 hours behind UTC)... But so far, no bad issues because of that.

RehabMan said:
fiddymac said:
I tried the regedit thing, and it worked, but it also threw off all scheduled tasks in the Task Scheduler. It seemed that Windows has a bug there wrt to that registry key.

Another thing I tried was forcing the Windows Time updater to run at startup. You can change the scheduled task in Task Scheduler to run at startup. The problem there is that it won't work if you boot your computer while not connected to the internet. Quite possible while travelling.

There is also a local time adjuster that runs at startup and shutdown on the Mac side. You can copy it to your desktop Tools folder using the v4 installer, then follow the install instructions. I haven't tried that solution yet, but it seems if your Mac side crashes for any reason, then the shutdown code won't execute, but when you restart the startup code will and your clock will be off (also if you boot into Windows after a Mac crash, your clock will be off). When I have time, I plan to write some scripts that work around that on both the Windows and Mac side but haven't had time as of yet.

What I do instead of all these is set the Mac to not update the time, and set it to UTC instead of the local time (Reykjavík, Iceland). This probably screws up time stamps on files, because my clock is clearly not set to UTC, it is set to PDST (which is 7 hours behind UTC)... But so far, no bad issues because of that.

Hmmm, Interesting, well, I did actually find the registry hack, and went ahead with it, which currently seems to work, and since I'm really only using Windows for things like certain android hacks (some stuff is just easier to do from Windows than from Mac, and I can get kinda lazy). If I see any negative results, I'll definitely drop the hack...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back