Contribute
Register

Guide for Installing Lion on the 4530s Version 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

Will this guide be updated to 10.7.4? Or can I use the HP installer tool as is?

Hello, right now im installing hp probook 4430s i5 with 8gig ram and already took the step like blueking write, after boot from flash disk and choose the installer, there are "screen that show how to turn on the mouse", how supposed it to be?im just wait that have long process or something wrong?or its just okay like that,,sorry im really newbie here

rumagent said:
Hi,

Will this guide be updated to 10.7.4? Or can I use the HP installer tool as is?

Download Big Donkey's kexts:
viewtopic.php?p=372765#p372765

Download Kext Wizard:
http://www.osx86.net/downloads.php?do=file&id=1604

Download and Install 10.7.4 Combo Updater but DO NOT RESTART:
http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1524?view ... cale=en_US

Install Big Donkey's kexts using Kext Wizard ( Use the Installation Tab )
Run Rebuild Cache and Repair Permissions using Kext Wizard's Maintenance tab... this might take a while - about 10 minutes or so.

Once Kext Wizard is finished restart and all should be good!

bobzoranges said:
Hello, right now im installing hp probook 4430s i5 with 8gig ram and already took the step like blueking write, after boot from flash disk and choose the installer, there are "screen that show how to turn on the mouse", how supposed it to be?im just wait that have long process or something wrong?or its just okay like that,,sorry im really newbie here

You need a USB keyboard attached during the install process.

thank you john V

John V said:
bobzoranges said:

You need a USB keyboard attached during the install process.

Apologies if it's already been discussed, but I think that asking for a mouse is a different issue to needing a USB keyboard, despite using a USB mouse (and USB keyboard) I still had install issues, my guess it's something to do with bluetooth (i.e. replace the WiFi card for an Atheros on first), or perhaps case sensitive filesystem which means the kext's don't load (cant be found?) - just a guess, but I couldn't find it referenced anywhere.

Hi,
I just bought a HP 4530S i5 2450 hdd 500 4gb hd3000
10.7.3 installed, everything works fine
but after a few restarts at boot only get a black screen and the system works fine.
tell me what does not work?

solved .... just the brightness is reset to 0 )))))

Btw. what happened to Blueking? Blog does not work and he is not contributing here any more ...

Already solved, and the Lion its installed in my probook 4430s, right now still checking the wifi, i forgot its atheros or not...

ZombiMan said:
Hi,
I just bought a HP 4530S i5 2450 hdd 500 4gb hd3000
10.7.3 installed, everything works fine
but after a few restarts at boot only get a black screen and the system works fine.
tell me what does not work?

solved .... just the brightness is reset to 0 )))))

This happens to my Probook 4530s only if I start it in battery mode (no cable pluged). Anyone knows how to solve this?

I also have the problem that suddenly the sleep mode doesn´t work anymore. But I didn´t change a kext or something else. After entering sleep mode it won´t come up anymore so that I have to cold boot again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back