Contribute
Register

Guide for installing Lion on GA-Z77X-UD5H

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bottom line is for people to read the How to installations and the golden builds part and then query whether this part you have or that part will work. These are hackintoshes on this forum NOT A MACINTOSH. So of course not all things are going to work or work correctly if at all. That's why you read the forums and buy accordingly. I'm not going to in the limited space on a reply, go over every different minute detail the differences between Z68 or Z77 chipsets. Nor am I going to do that with Processors. I would say for the most part on this forum, there is probably more first time builders and OS loaders than IT guys with 40 years of experience. That is why my replys are more simple and not a IT Type of rundown of all aspects of a given hardware piece. It is up to those with questions or answers to fully read the forum topic, before asking or those answearing do so. Read the forums on your choices for your parts and see if others have trouble or no trouble getting things to work.

d503308 said:
Bottom line is for people to read the How to installations and the golden builds part and then query whether this part you have or that part will work. These are hackintoshes on this forum NOT A MACINTOSH. So of course not all things are going to work or work correctly if at all. That's why you read the forums and buy accordingly. I'm not going to in the limited space on a reply, go over every different minute detail the differences between Z68 or Z77 chipsets. Nor am I going to do that with Processors. I would say for the most part on this forum, there is probably more first time builders and OS loaders than IT guys with 40 years of experience. That is why my replys are more simple and not a IT Type of rundown of all aspects of a given hardware piece. It is up to those with questions or answers to fully read the forum topic, before asking or those answearing do so. Read the forums on your choices for your parts and see if others have trouble or no trouble getting things to work.

That is the point if this forum is to get help with Lion. If a kernel works with a CPU and the rest of the hardware works even on another build, there is a very good chance you can get it working. Buying a new CPU is not the solution, so if you don't know then you don't know... it's that simple. You are just spreading misinformation as already pointed out...

nzalog said:
d503308 said:

That is the point if this forum is to get help with Lion. If a kernel works with a CPU and the rest of the hardware works even on another build, there is a very good chance you can get it working. Buying a new CPU is not the solution, so if you don't know then you don't know... it's that simple. You are just spreading misinformation as already pointed out...

Yes i agree whit you because i have a Z77 and a SandyBridge and it works fine

If you read my entire posts, NOT ONCE did I say it would not work !!! My whole point has been to make it as easy and painless as possible !!! Matched Motherboard chipsets To Matched Processors is easier to deal with because of that !!!! Most posts in this thread deal with a Sandy Processor with a Ivy Board. Do they WORK ??? Absoulutely !!! Can every newbie get it too ??? NO NO NO. Forum is to hopefully make it as easy as possible. Just as there are a thousand computer repair shops, so are there in replys to questions here. The beauty is to pick the one that works for you and go with it.

d503308 said:
If you read my entire posts, NOT ONCE did I say it would not work !!! My whole point has been to make it as easy and painless as possible !!! Matched Motherboard chipsets To Matched Processors is easier to deal with because of that !!!! Most posts in this thread deal with a Sandy Processor with a Ivy Board. Do they WORK ??? Absoulutely !!! Can every newbie get it too ??? NO NO NO. Forum is to hopefully make it as easy as possible. Just as there are a thousand computer repair shops, so are there in replys to questions here. The beauty is to pick the one that works for you and go with it.

You are something special... o_O
You ever think he already had an existing processor and it was not his idea? Either way that shouldn't matter. He made the thread, he could be running a ****ing 286 sx and if it doesn't work then just say it doesn't but at least be correct about what you say. Instead you are spreading ******** info that is being corrected over and over again and your solution is to spend an additional $300. That is not a solution if there are other options. Just go away wtf is wrong with you? There are plenty of people helping him that have it working, let them do what they are doing, you're just a troll that doesn't even realize he is trolling.

Go get some help. :thumbdown:

I bet your car mechanic loves you.

"What? You say my oil needs to be changed? Might as well get a new engine."

All the hardware I purchased, believe me, every single piece of hardware I purchased, was only after confirming from the unibeast builds section and the motherboard from the ivy bridge motherboards early recommendations page. So there is no reason it shouldn't be working. Maybe I am doing something wrong, I am returning to hackintoshing after 3-4 years, so I don't know much.

And I bought the processor from the unibeasts section, so it should work. And AFAIK, all new Intel Core processors do work with Lion atleast.

So, which version of Lion should I use for making the unibeast usb? And if I have an Ivy Chipset, ie, Z77, but a Sandy Processor(i5 2500K), do I still need to use bridgehelper?

Because everything installs fine in the two versions I've used, 10.7.0 and 10.7.5

The problem comes when I install anything from multibeast. My computer starts giving kernel panics. In 10.7.0, I found a workaround to get it to work again, it was to use GraphicsEnabler=No at boot, but that just doesn't work in 10.7.4

And buying a new processor is no option for me, I've already spent $260 on this processor, I am out of funds now. And I can only buy a Graphics card if it is one of those really really cheap ones, because, anyways, I will be getting a $600 graphics card in a few months.

So right now the computer wont be used for gaming, only photoshop, final cut pro x(once in a while), and then normal work.

But using the computer without QECI makes no sense. And usb 3.0 needs to work. Because on this mobo, I have only 2 2.0 ports, out of which, one will always stay occupied, because it has the dongle for my wireless keyboar/mouse, and this keyboard mouse, microsoft wireless desktop 800, supports OS X natively, so that shouldn't be causing the problems.

Your problem could be with the kernel caches.

Boot from the USB and choose your OS X partition and set UserKernelCache=No as a boot parameter and see if that works for you.

I usually boot up with this once after I load in some new extensions.

I have the same board but with an ivy cpu as well. If I make a unibeast 10.7.4 the machine will not even boot it unless I install bridgehelper on it.

-emam

themacguy said:
tony535 said:
So is sleep and wake working properly for ya'll. Mine can sleep but won't wake any suggestion on that?

Which motherboard do you have? Do you have the exact same motherboard that we have?
If it is so, let me know!

I have the GA-Z77X-UD5H F7 Bios, i7 2700k CPU,
16 GB Ram, HD 6870, Recommended sony dvd drive, Apple wired keyboard logitech mouse.

emam said:
Your problem could be with the kernel caches.

Boot from the USB and choose your OS X partition and set UserKernelCache=No as a boot parameter and see if that works for you.

I usually boot up with this once after I load in some new extensions.

I have the same board but with an ivy cpu as well. If I make a unibeast 10.7.4 the machine will not even boot it unless I install bridgehelper on it.

-emam

I did use UseKernelCache=No but it didnt help

Someone please reply!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back