Contribute
Register

Guide for installing Lion on GA-Z77X-UD5H

Status
Not open for further replies.
tony535 said:
So is sleep and wake working properly for ya'll. Mine can sleep but won't wake any suggestion on that?

Which motherboard do you have? Do you have the exact same motherboard that we have?
If it is so, let me know!

themacguy said:
ramirorobles said:
thelostswede said:
Well, the HD3000 is meant to work, although I never got it working with a 2500K in the same board.

Whit my 2600k it will work only whit
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>No</string>

on my org.chameleon.Boot.plist

But if you set GraphicsEnabler=No then acceleration wont work, isnt it?

Yes you are correct it will not work

Mac Guy in particular, Ivy Boards have a onboard video output to work with hd4000 graphics the best. YES you can use a SANDY Bridge proc. But WHY would you when you will only get hd3000 graphics. READ all the posts with the problems of trying to use Sandy hd3000 graphics with the Z77 chipsets. I have my reasons for saying to use matched Boards and procs. I have been in the computer industry since it all began. I believe the object here is to help people get up and running quickly and successfully. When I reply with answers, my goal is to help that person get it right and be up and running. I look to tell them the sure fire way and not all the possible variables that can be done. Hence the need for this very forum to help those with all the zillions of combinations possible. Also USB 3.0 is native to Ivy Boards and procs, another reason to use matched sets.

Again, please stop spreading FUD.
USB 3.0 is native to the chipset, yes, but not the CPU, as the CPU has nothing to do with it.

The current issue with ALL LGA-1155 7-series boards is that we don't have full support from Apple yet and it's not expected until 10.7.5 or Mountain Lion, hence why people are having problems. It has nothing to do with incompatibility between CPU's and motherboards, as Intel has made both platforms forward and backward compatible.

And on top of all that, HD 4000 graphics doesn't work yet, so why would anyone consider it right now?

d503308 said:
Mac Guy in particular, Ivy Boards have a onboard video output to work with hd4000 graphics the best. YES you can use a SANDY Bridge proc. But WHY would you when you will only get hd3000 graphics. READ all the posts with the problems of trying to use Sandy hd3000 graphics with the Z77 chipsets. I have my reasons for saying to use matched Boards and procs. I have been in the computer industry since it all began. I believe the object here is to help people get up and running quickly and successfully. When I reply with answers, my goal is to help that person get it right and be up and running. I look to tell them the sure fire way and not all the possible variables that can be done. Hence the need for this very forum to help those with all the zillions of combinations possible. Also USB 3.0 is native to Ivy Boards and procs, another reason to use matched sets.

If you don't know how to get it working then don't reply, no one is expecting everyone to know how to get every hardware combo working. Let people that have some experience with it that hardware combo chime in instead. All I got from your posts was he should buy a new processors, that hd3000 is slower and just a bunch of other mis-guided info. Next thing we know you're going to tell him it doesn't work because it's designed to run only on a Mac.

I thought I remember reading somewhere that HD3000 only works in certain system profiles, like macmini,and won't work properly with macpro3,1

d503308 said:
Have you bothered to read the specifications and data sheets for the 6 Series and 7 Series chipsets at the Intel website?

randallphoto said:
I thought I remember reading somewhere that HD3000 only works in certain system profiles, like macmini,and won't work properly with macpro3,1
HD3000 works with MacPro3,1 or mini5,1. The only difference is the number of simultaneous video ports. As been discussed numerous times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back