1. Android
  2. iOS
Ok.
First things first.
So here's specs
Intel Core i5 2500K processor
Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H-WB motherboard
8 GB 1600 MHz Corsair XMS3 RAM
Seagate Barracuda 1 TB (http://www.flipkart.com/seagate-barracu ... 5cbb3cf1e1)
Sony Optiarc DVD RW drive
Microsoft Wireless desktop 800 keyboard and mouse combo(supports os x out of box)
I think thats pretty much all I need to mention.
So, here's my question.
Can someone please write a guide for this exact hardware? I am using F5 bios. But every single time, believe me, every single time I use multibeast and restart my computer, everything stops working and it gets kernel panics.
I've asked for help more than 3 times atleast, but to no avail.
Someone please help me, I've spent my complete summer vacation on getting the parts and building this computer and now this isnt working.
I never built this computer to put in Windows on it, I already have two Windows PCs, and I need Mac on it!!!
Someone please show your helpfulness and help me for heavens sake! Even if I install a new system definition, it gets kernel panics on reboots, and then the only thing I can do is to reinstall OS X.
I had many hopes with my hackintosh, but it just isnt working. PLease help someone, and on my earlier threads, people pointed me to links which weren't in the least helpful! So please help me someone!

Instead of bitching and moaning, have you even bothered reading the install instructions on the blog? http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2011/10/ ... using.html

And clearly, if other people have managed to get it working, you're at fault, not everyone else. These kind of posts aren't going to get you any sympathy, it's just going to **** people off who's tried to help.

thelostswede said:
Instead of bitching and moaning, have you even bothered reading the install instructions on the blog? http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2011/10/ ... using.html

And clearly, if other people have managed to get it working, you're at fault, not everyone else. These kind of posts aren't going to get you any sympathy, it's just going to **** people off who's tried to help.

I've read that guide and followed it 100000000000000000000000000000 times, but everytime, after using multibeast, the moment I restart, it stops working. And it just isn't working for me, I followed through the guide word by word, but it just wont work. I have had no trouble installing Lion, be it 10.7 or 10.7.4. And btw, that links the place where I started.

And I am not asking for sympathy, all I was asking for is help! And I said that their links didnt help me, not that I dont appreciate their help! :banghead:

And I just noticed that you have the same motherboard, but you have an ivy bridge and I have a sandy bridge.

thelostswede said:
And yes, the guide works just fine, so clearly you're doing something wrong.
Since I don't know what, I can't help you, sorry.
Every single person that I've come across this forum who's using this board uses an ivy bridge. so could that be the problem causer?(i have a sandy bridge)

The guide works for me until I come to the place where we install with multibeast. After I install with multibeast and restart my computer,
it starts showing that message that you need to restart your computer in 5-6 languages!

If you get a kernel panic on reboot every time what I would try is running bridghelper AFTER multibeast to make sure the latest kernel is installed
Have a look here : viewtopic.php?f=169&t=59052
I know you have a Sandy but it should work anyway ;)

People, people people !!!! When you are you going to learn to use a matched Board and processor ??? If you bought a sandy processor, USE A SANDY CHIPSET (Z68 xxxxxxx). If you bought an Ivy processor USE AN IVY BOARD !!!! (Z77xxxxxxxxx).

Step 1. Go match your system Board and processor).
Step 2. Boot into BIOS and set everything to OPTIMIZED Defaults. Make sure anything to do with IDE OR AHCI is set to AHCI. HPET MUST BE SET TO 64BIT.
Step 3. low level your drive to have a clean slate.
Step 4. With that Board (IF you Keep it) Get a GRAPHICS CARD !! EVGA Ti550 are great for a Lion setup !!!
Step 5. Load Lion on Drive !!! (Make sure in bios, it is set to Videocard and not ONBOARD video. See other failed posts of those that can't read)
Step 5. Load UPDATE 10.7.4. RESTART. Load Multibeast, EASYBEAST ONLY OPTION. RESTART. Load Aethros and intel apple network choices in MULTIBEAST in networking. Restart. Follow excellent guide on audio. USE REALTEK alc898 !! RESTART.

You should now have a Stable Lion setup on that board !!! I would stay with that board and change your processor to a i7 3770k processor. I have set up this particular board 31 times for people with lion, following above steps. Other notes I didn't mention due to space. When you set up your lion thumb drive, it needs to have Bridge Helper 4.01 or 5.0 installed to thumb drive. So you may need to find a Buddy with a Mac to properly create your drive. Also while in bios settings you need to set your computer to boot to just 2 DEVICES !!! Above mentioned thumb drive, and your hdd with lion on it. Nothing else should be an option.... Disable those !!! Also boot order should reflect those options.... usb hdd then hdd. After you load your update, (10.7.4) you have to run Bridge Helper. Then Follow Multibeast setup. So till that point in time, your going to be BOOTING FROM YOUR THUMBDRIVE. In future anytime you load an update (10.7.5 Ect) You must run your bridge helper or your system will not boot and hang at the apple logo screen !! Good Luck !!! Put these two posts together in proper order and you should be good to go on a Lion setup !!!

d503308 said:
People, people people !!!! When you are you going to learn to use a matched Board and processor ??? If you bought a sandy processor, USE A SANDY CHIPSET (Z68 xxxxxxx). If you bought an Ivy processor USE AN IVY BOARD !!!! (Z77xxxxxxxxx).

Step 1. Go match your system Board and processor).
Step 2. Boot into BIOS and set everything to OPTIMIZED Defaults. Make sure anything to do with IDE OR AHCI is set to AHCI. HPET MUST BE SET TO 64BIT.
Step 3. low level your drive to have a clean slate.
Step 4. With that Board (IF you Keep it) Get a GRAPHICS CARD !! EVGA Ti550 are great for a Lion setup !!!
Step 5. Load Lion on Drive !!! (Make sure in bios, it is set to Videocard and not ONBOARD video. See other failed posts of those that can't read)
Step 5. Load UPDATE 10.7.4. RESTART. Load Multibeast, EASYBEAST ONLY OPTION. RESTART. Load Aethros and intel apple network choices in MULTIBEAST in networking. Restart. Follow excellent guide on audio. USE REALTEK alc898 !! RESTART.

Does the onboard video card not work with Lion? It's Intel HD 3000 Graphics Card, which I think should work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back