Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] FOR INSTALLING 10.7.4 i3,i5,i7 USERS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joined
Jan 20, 2012
Messages
105
Motherboard
MacBook Pro 13 Retina
CPU
i5
Graphics
Intel HD4000
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Mine´s also the model LW862EA#ABD with i3 2330m, but with 1080p screen.

For me the following worked:
1) Install Combo Update 10.7.4
2) Install BigDonkey´s kexts with KextWizard to /S/L/E
3) Fix permissions and rebuild cache with KextWizard
4) Let "Generate C-States" and "Generate P-States" enabled and additionally enable "Drop SSDT"

Only weird thing is, that the multiplier now only has the states 8x and 22x. Seems there are no steps between anymore.

I tried to use i5 SSDT.aml from Multibeast. It booted normaly, but most of the time it stuck at multiplier 22x and I got graphical glitches.

Any Solution for the multiplier thing?
 
Joined
Apr 3, 2012
Messages
147
Motherboard
gigabyte x299x designare 10g
CPU
i9-7940X
Graphics
5700 XT
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
  3. MacBook Pro
  4. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Likemike said:
Mine´s also the model LW862EA#ABD with i3 2330m, but with 1080p screen.

For me the following worked:
1) Install Combo Update 10.7.4
2) Install BigDonkey´s kexts with KextWizard to /S/L/E
3) Fix permissions and rebuild cache with KextWizard
4) Let "Generate C-States" and "Generate P-States" enabled and additionally enable "Drop SSDT"

Only weird thing is, that the multiplier now only has the states 8x and 22x. Seems there are no steps between anymore.

I tried to use i5 SSDT.aml from Multibeast. It booted normaly, but most of the time it stuck at multiplier 22x and I got graphical glitches.

Any Solution for the multiplier thing?

If I had an i5 or i7 I would have gone more in depth with the instructions on the original post, but I'm sure someone has got the multiplier to work properly for they say it's a permanent solution for i5/i7 cpus.
 
Joined
Sep 19, 2011
Messages
13
Motherboard
Probook 4530s
CPU
i3
Graphics
hd
Mac
  1. MacBook
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
tegezee said:
PH83 said:
GregCH said:
hello mate, did you install applehda viewtopic.php?p=372765#p372765

yea i did. tried it several times too. no sound devices listed. :banghead:

Did you delete the old kext before installing the new one's? Did you repair permissions & rebuild the cache extension after you installed the kext. What did you use to install the kext?

i tried just deleting them, then installing followed by a restart and still same result. i did repair permission & rebuild. i'm kext wizard.
 
Joined
Jan 20, 2012
Messages
105
Motherboard
MacBook Pro 13 Retina
CPU
i5
Graphics
Intel HD4000
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I now have graphical glitches since the update to 10.7.4. Never had any in 10.7.3. Maybe I´ll switch back, cause they´re disturbing me. My system has only 4GB of RAM btw.

It also seems as if the system in generall isn´t very stable. Finder often hangs up and I have to restart it.

Also it seems as if the whole screen is refreshed sometimes (1 single flickering).

Never had any problems with 10.7.3. All was working like a charm.
 
Joined
Apr 3, 2012
Messages
147
Motherboard
gigabyte x299x designare 10g
CPU
i9-7940X
Graphics
5700 XT
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
  3. MacBook Pro
  4. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Likemike said:
I now have graphical glitches since the update to 10.7.4. Never had any in 10.7.3. Maybe I´ll switch back, cause they´re disturbing me. My system has only 4GB of RAM btw.

It also seems as if the system in generall isn´t very stable. Finder often hangs up and I have to restart it.

Also it seems as if the whole screen is refreshed sometimes (1 single flickering).

Never had any problems with 10.7.3. All was working like a charm.

That's strange, so you do have fan control app installed from the previous 10.7.3? 10.7.3 is way more stable than 10.7.4, because there were a lot of people helping to get it that way. Now support for this laptop is just slowly becoming obsolete... :evil:
 
Joined
May 16, 2010
Messages
368
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
tegezee said:
Likemike said:
I now have graphical glitches since the update to 10.7.4. Never had any in 10.7.3. Maybe I´ll switch back, cause they´re disturbing me. My system has only 4GB of RAM btw.

It also seems as if the system in generall isn´t very stable. Finder often hangs up and I have to restart it.

Also it seems as if the whole screen is refreshed sometimes (1 single flickering).

Never had any problems with 10.7.3. All was working like a charm.

That's strange, so you do have fan control app installed from the previous 10.7.3? 10.7.3 is way more stable than 10.7.4, because there were a lot of people helping to get it that way. Now support for this laptop is just slowly becoming obsolete... :evil:

I also not have any glitches with 10.7.4 and 8GB RAM (I don't thing RAM has something to do with it) I also have 1080p LCD which is supported by Apple not like the original resolution.
I did not installed the FanApp just the 10.7.4 combo and kexts from BigDonky
 

s3v

Joined
Jan 2, 2012
Messages
34
Motherboard
GA-Z97N-WIFI
CPU
i5 4690
Graphics
HD 4600
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I recently upgraded to 10.7.4 and the bluetooth issue came back. Every time I put my Probook in sleep mode, bluetooth stops working. I installed the bluetooth fix on this thread and cleared my cache + repaired permissions, but it doesn't seem to help. :eek: Any suggestions?

Thanks!
 
Joined
Apr 3, 2012
Messages
147
Motherboard
gigabyte x299x designare 10g
CPU
i9-7940X
Graphics
5700 XT
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
  3. MacBook Pro
  4. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
s3v said:
I recently upgraded to 10.7.4 and the bluetooth issue came back. Every time I put my Probook in sleep mode, bluetooth stops working. I installed the bluetooth fix on this thread and cleared my cache + repaired permissions, but it doesn't seem to help. :eek: Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Re-install it... Try using disk utility after installing, reboot.
 
Joined
Sep 19, 2011
Messages
13
Motherboard
Probook 4530s
CPU
i3
Graphics
hd
Mac
  1. MacBook
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
tegezee said:
s3v said:
I recently upgraded to 10.7.4 and the bluetooth issue came back. Every time I put my Probook in sleep mode, bluetooth stops working. I installed the bluetooth fix on this thread and cleared my cache + repaired permissions, but it doesn't seem to help. :eek: Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Re-install it... Try using disk utility after installing, reboot.

i tried using disk utility after applehda.kext install and still have no sound devices. does anyone use any of the universal sound kext? i tired VoodooHDA 0.2.2, no sound still. sound worked before i had to reinstall and i you cant buy a copy of 10.7.3.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top