Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] FOR INSTALLING 10.7.4 i3,i5,i7 USERS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: 10.7.4???

Montyboy said:
@ tegezee after you updated to 10.7.4 did you also install the bluetooth fix?
Does it work for you, if so what bios version do you have?
I can turn my wifi on and off with the button above the keyboard, but it always stays orange is this normal? Any help please.........Thanks Montyboy

No, I had it installed already on 10.7.3 and just updated to 10.7.4. My setup is in my signature, but the bios really doesn't have anything to to with it because I was on four different one's and they all worked. I just used kext wizard to rebuild cache & permissions and restarted. And no, the button should be white not amber if your wifi and bluetooth are working properly. Mainly the bluetooth because wifi works when the light is amber but bluetooth doesn't, so when the light turns white when you boot up you done it right...

Here is the files I used for bluetooth & the key beep fix (for turning on & wifi) Keys are remapped but it is perfect!

Attachments

• KEY BEEP FIX.zip
    126 KB · Views: 261
  • BLUTOOTH FIX.zip
    1,006.8 KB · Views: 283
  • Kext Wizard.app.zip
    512.9 KB · Views: 156

tegezee said:
Montyboy said:
@ tegezee after you updated to 10.7.4 did you also install the bluetooth fix?
Does it work for you, if so what bios version do you have?
I can turn my wifi on and off with the button above the keyboard, but it always stays orange is this normal? Any help please.........Thanks Montyboy

No, I had it installed already on 10.7.3 and just updated to 10.7.4. My setup is in my signature, but the bios really doesn't have anything to to with it because I was on four different one's and they all worked. I just used kext wizard to rebuild cache & permissions and restarted. And no, the button should be white not amber if your wifi and bluetooth are working properly. Mainly the bluetooth because wifi works when the light is amber but bluetooth doesn't, so when the light turns white when you boot up you done it right...

Here is the files I used for bluetooth & the key beep fix (for turning on & wifi) Keys are remapped but it is perfect!

Thank you for your reply. Bluetooth is now working with IOath3kfwr.kext I was using IOath3Null.kext. Once again thank you for your help :thumb up: Montyboy

@tegezee:

When you re-post kexts from other threads, please include the original links, or at least give credit to people who worked on development.

mac4mat said:
@tegezee:

When you re-post kexts from other threads, please include the original links, or at least give credit to people who worked on development.

Yeah I was helping four other people and I did in my previous post

tegezee said:
Airpil said:
Inmike09 said:
Installed it successfully. Along with the kexts added from the previous post, I added the new IOBluetoothFamily.kext for the full bluetooth fix. Everything is great. Even fixed my wifi that doesn't normally start. Yay!!!!
can you share this magic Bluetooth kext, plz ? ;)

HERE IS THE BLUETOOTH FIX THREAD
viewtopic.php?f=259&t=53556&start=90

a) (/Extra/BT) folder with a previous solution (works well after boot, but doesn't wakeup);
b) (/System/Library/LaunchDaemons/local.BT-uploader.plist) which launches files from (/Extra/BT);
c) (/System/Library/Extensions/IOBluetoothFamily.kext) which is a hacked kext (two plugins were moved into /Extra/BT).

To install and use the new BT kext (IOath3kfrmwr.kext), you will need to:
0) Get the original ("vanilla") IOBluetoothFamily.kext, for example, extracted from 10.7.3 Combo update using Pacifist;
1) Remove the three components a,b,c listed above (but make a backup copy of these items first, in case you will want to roll-back; super-user access will be required);
2) PlaceIOath3kfrmwr.kext and vanilla IOBluetoothFamily.kext on Desktop, and install them via KextBeast (or use your other favorite kext installation method).

I didn't want to make the page longer with reposting the same stuff!

I have a new 10.4.7 installation on a HP ProBook 4530s XU015UT. I used the latest 3.3.0 installer, a 10.7.0 install media, the 10.4.7 combo, and all the latest fixes, including bigdonkey kexts and tegezee’s Bluetooth and beep fix kexts. I then updated the BIOS to F.20. Thus far, all features work except that Bluetooth will break when I wake from sleep. I had the fn/ctrl problem, which is solved for now using the battery pull trick. But, for a boot on battery power, I cannot avoid having to press FN key + F3 to get out of black screen. So, has anyone seen these post-10.4.7 bluetooth symptoms for wakeup and the black screen legacy problems returning?

FranzWerfel said:
I have a new 10.4.7 installation on a HP ProBook 4530s XU015UT. I used the latest 3.3.0 installer, a 10.7.0 install media, the 10.4.7 combo, and all the latest fixes, including bigdonkey kexts and tegezee’s Bluetooth and beep fix kexts. I then updated the BIOS to F.20. Thus far, all features work except that Bluetooth will break when I wake from sleep. I had the fn/ctrl problem, which is solved for now using the battery pull trick. But, for a boot on battery power, I cannot avoid having to press FN key + F3 to get out of black screen. So, has anyone seen these post-10.4.7 bluetooth symptoms for wakeup and the black screen legacy problems returning?

See probook FAQ's boot on battery, go into bios, turn up brightness, save and exit.

@tegezee:
THIS IS NOT ACCEPTABLE, tegezee. You did not contribute to the development of the kext solutions, which you re-posted above without the original links or proper credits. As a result, you are misleading other users to think that this is your own work, for example:

FranzWerfel said:
I have a new 10.4.7 installation on a HP ProBook 4530s XU015UT. I used the latest 3.3.0 installer, a 10.7.0 install media, the 10.4.7 combo, and all the latest fixes, including bigdonkey kexts and tegezee’s Bluetooth and beep fix kexts.

What you did, call it stealing, plagiarizing, highjacking a thread, it is NOT COOL :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: and is a BAD STYLE.

Look how other users are posting links to downloads in other threads, for example here:
viewtopic.php?f=259&t=59247

There was no need to re-post downloads available in other threads in the same forum, but if you did, you must have included links and proper credits.

Your action is offensive to me as the original author. If you benefited from the above solutions, you could at least show some respect.

Sorry to violate protocol. Was just reporting experience.

FranzWerfel said:
Sorry to violate protocol. Was just reporting experience.
@FranzWerfel: My criticism was directed at the user tegezee whose post of the kexts from other threads was misleading (no links nor credits).
Sorry, FranzWerfel, if I didn't make that clear - I did not mean to criticize your post.

mac4mat said:
@tegezee:
THIS IS NOT ACCEPTABLE, tegezee. You did not contribute to the development of the kext solutions, which you re-posted above without the original links or proper credits. As a result, you are misleading other users to think that this is your own work, for example:

FranzWerfel said:
I have a new 10.4.7 installation on a HP ProBook 4530s XU015UT. I used the latest 3.3.0 installer, a 10.7.0 install media, the 10.4.7 combo, and all the latest fixes, including bigdonkey kexts and tegezee’s Bluetooth and beep fix kexts.

What you did, call it stealing, plagiarizing, highjacking a thread, it is NOT COOL :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: and is a BAD STYLE.

Look how other users are posting links to downloads in other threads, for example here:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=259&t=59247

There was no need to re-post downloads available in other threads in the same forum, but if you did, you must have included links and proper credits.

Your action is offensive to me as the original author. If you benefited from the above solutions, you could at least show some respect.

Slow down dude if you read the other pages I already did, I just quoted him then gave him the links. Stealing really :lol: :lol:, I'd rather you get the headache figuring it out :p, you need to read before running your mouth and stop being lazy here you go :arrow: viewtopic.php?p=374388#p374388 READDDDD :idea:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back