Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] FOR INSTALLING 10.7.4 i3,i5,i7 USERS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: 10.7.4???

I was wondering if anyone could post easy instructions about this update, and what to do and install after the update. Thanks

It seems that some new SandyBridge processors like 2350M 2450M and possible others will not work with 10.7.4 without editing SSID table first.

see "Temporary Fix" above in Announcements section.

BigDonkey said:
It seems that some new SandyBridge processors like 2350M 2450M and possible others will not work with 10.7.4 without editing SSID table first.

Yes :headbang:, The temp fix works just a lil slow, and the fan is working a lot harder. I never really heard my fan before this fix, but it's working.

tegezee said:
BigDonkey said:

Yes :headbang:, The temp fix works just a lil slow, and the fan is working a lot harder. I never really heard my fan before this fix, but it's working.

Yeah! Now it works for me too! Bg Thanks to BigDonkey for the Files and the Tip.

And a great thank you to tonymac for the Forum!
:headbang:

I've read this topic. But I've got some questions
1)Can anyone create the final manual for 10.7.4 update? (I've got probook 4530s with i5 CPU. Now I'm using Lion 10.7.2)
2)Is it safe to install update? Which software is the best for backup my partition?
3)What about that CPU Fix? Is it really the CPU is getting slower?

BukmopVic said:
1)Can anyone create the final manual for 10.7.4 update? (I've got probook 4530s with i5 CPU. Now I'm using Lion 10.7.2)
2)Is it safe to install update? Which software is the best for backup my partition?

1.) The best Backup software - http://www.shirt-pocket.com/SuperDuper/ ... ption.html

2.) Edit/add this to your org.chameleon.Boot.plist - viewtopic.php?f=259&t=59889

3.) Use big donkey's updated kext files - download/file.php?id=29228

As for the cpu getting slower there is barely a difference but people are working on a patched SSDT. Boot up time is much slower due to this fix but all in all I'm on 10.7.4 and it runs good.

tegezee said:
BukmopVic said:

1.) The best Backup software - http://www.shirt-pocket.com/SuperDuper/ ... ption.html

2.) Edit/add this to your org.chameleon.Boot.plist - http://tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=259&t=59889

3.) Use big donkey's updated kext files - http://tonymacx86.com/download/file.php?id=29228

Just updated mine so far so good Thanks.........Montyboy
As for the cpu getting slower there is barely a difference but people are working on a patched SSDT. Boot up time is much slower due to this fix but all in all I'm on 10.7.4 and it runs good.

Inmike09 said:
Installed it successfully. Along with the kexts added from the previous post, I added the new IOBluetoothFamily.kext for the full bluetooth fix. Everything is great. Even fixed my wifi that doesn't normally start. Yay!!!!

Hello I have just updated to 10.7.4 but am having problems with bluetooth. I have installed the bluetooth fix step by step but it does not work for me :x I have bios version F.OA could this be my problem? Do I need to update my bios? Any help is most apreceated.
Thanks Montyboy

After having updated to 10.7.4 with bigdonkey kext package, I notice this in the finder windows

Attachments

• First p missing.png
    First p missing.png
    127.3 KB · Views: 624

tegezee said:
Airpil said:
Inmike09 said:
Installed it successfully. Along with the kexts added from the previous post, I added the new IOBluetoothFamily.kext for the full bluetooth fix. Everything is great. Even fixed my wifi that doesn't normally start. Yay!!!!
can you share this magic Bluetooth kext, plz ? ;)

HERE IS THE BLUETOOTH FIX THREAD
http://tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=2 ... 6&start=90

a) (/Extra/BT) folder with a previous solution (works well after boot, but doesn't wakeup);
b) (/System/Library/LaunchDaemons/local.BT-uploader.plist) which launches files from (/Extra/BT);
c) (/System/Library/Extensions/IOBluetoothFamily.kext) which is a hacked kext (two plugins were moved into /Extra/BT).

To install and use the new BT kext (IOath3kfrmwr.kext), you will need to:
0) Get the original ("vanilla") IOBluetoothFamily.kext, for example, extracted from 10.7.3 Combo update using Pacifist;
1) Remove the three components a,b,c listed above (but make a backup copy of these items first, in case you will want to roll-back; super-user access will be required);
2) PlaceIOath3kfrmwr.kext and vanilla IOBluetoothFamily.kext on Desktop, and install them via KextBeast (or use your other favorite kext installation method).

@ tegezee after you updated to 10.7.4 did you also install the bluetooth fix?
Does it work for you, if so what bios version do you have?
I can turn my wifi on and off with the button above the keyboard, but it always stays orange is this normal? Any help please.........Thanks Montyboy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back