Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] FOR INSTALLING 10.7.4 i3,i5,i7 USERS

Status
Not open for further replies.
PH83 said:
i tried using disk utility after applehda.kext install and still have no sound devices. does anyone use any of the universal sound kext? i tired VoodooHDA 0.2.2, no sound still. sound worked before i had to reinstall and i you cant buy a copy of 10.7.3.

@PH83

1. Check if, dsdt.aml HDEF device section contains something like this

"layout-id",
Buffer (0x04)
{
0x0C, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00
}, '
or post dsdt here.

2. Make sure /Extra/Extensions and /System/Library/Extensions folders don't have any VoodoHDA, HDAEnabler or similar kexts. Patched AppleHDA.kext is the only one you need.

I switched back to 10.7.3 with CCC. Now all is fully working again and without artefacts and working P-States.

And what´s very strange is that the colors changed! Since the change of my screen to the AUO v4 I allways had a little bit of wrong colors. The Finder symbol was colored more like indigo than blue. Now suddenly it has changed to normal blue color. :) Strange thing.

Likemike said:
I switched back to 10.7.3 with CCC. Now all is fully working again and without artefacts and working P-States.

And what´s very strange is that the colors changed! Since the change of my screen to the AUO v4 I allways had a little bit of wrong colors. The Finder symbol was colored more like indigo than blue. Now suddenly it has changed to normal blue color. :) Strange thing.

That's really weird, @Likemike, do you think I'll be able to upgrade to 1920x1080 screen? I haven't found anyone with this model, & upgraded screen...

BigDonkey said:
PH83 said:
i tried using disk utility after applehda.kext install and still have no sound devices. does anyone use any of the universal sound kext? i tired VoodooHDA 0.2.2, no sound still. sound worked before i had to reinstall and i you cant buy a copy of 10.7.3.

@PH83

1. Check if, dsdt.aml HDEF device section contains something like this

"layout-id",
Buffer (0x04)
{
0x0C, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00
}, '
or post dsdt here.

2. Make sure /Extra/Extensions and /System/Library/Extensions folders don't have any VoodoHDA, HDAEnabler or similar kexts. Patched AppleHDA.kext is the only one you need.

not really sure if this is the section your speaking off but it is nothing like the portion you posted
Device (HDEF)
{
Name (_ADR, 0x001B0000)
OperationRegion (HDAR, PCI_Config, 0x4C, 0x10)
Field (HDAR, WordAcc, NoLock, Preserve)
{
DCKA, 1,
Offset (0x01),
DCKM, 1,
, 6,
DCKS, 1,
Offset (0x08),
, 15,
PMES, 1
}
}

tegezee said:
Likemike said:

That's really weird, @Likemike, do you think I'll be able to upgrade to 1920x1080 screen? I haven't found anyone with this model, & upgraded screen...

After Chipsybg now also has confirmed his Probook also working (initially he didn´t get it to work), I think every version of Probook 4530s is able to run with the screen, but we will see. I´ll update the table in 1080p Guide thread.

Hi, I'm going to install OS X 10.7.4 on my newly arrived first Hackintosh this weekend. Will I be fine following only the post installation process that comes with MultiBeast or should I follow also your guide?

Thanks and sorry for the noob question!

Sarsay said:
Hi, I'm going to install OS X 10.7.4 on my newly arrived first Hackintosh this weekend. Will I be fine following only the post installation process that comes with MultiBeast or should I follow also your guide?

Depends on what machine you have. If you´ve got a HP Probook, then simply follow this guide and you´ll be fine.

If you have any other machine you´ll have to look in the other forums and most likely will have to use Multibeast/Unibeast :)

Likemike said:
Sarsay said:

Depends on what machine you have. If you´ve got a HP Probook, then simply follow this guide and you´ll be fine.

If you have any other machine you´ll have to look in the other forums and most likely will have to use Multibeast/Unibeast :)

Thanks, no it isn't a Pobook, it's a CustoMac Pro Build. I'll use Multi/Unibeast then. Thanks again! :D

PH83 said:
not really sure if this is the section your speaking off but it is nothing like the portion you posted
Device (HDEF)
{
Name (_ADR, 0x001B0000)
OperationRegion (HDAR, PCI_Config, 0x4C, 0x10)
Field (HDAR, WordAcc, NoLock, Preserve)
{
DCKA, 1,
Offset (0x01),
DCKM, 1,
, 6,
DCKS, 1,
Offset (0x08),
, 15,
PMES, 1
}
}

I don't think your dsdt.aml is patched for audio. Are you using one from HP Installer? If not, please rerun installer and choose appropriate dsdt for your BIOS version
viewtopic.php?p=261985#p261985

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back