Contribute
Register

Guide for Gigabyte H/Z97N-WIFI Using HD4600 or GTX 750 Ti Using Clover (El Capitan)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have successfully installed the GM version of Sierra. I will shortly write a guide for the official release on September 20. BTW, it was easy. :thumbup:

Sierra is more like an update to El Capitan than a new version of OS X (now macOS).

Hi Stork, I've followed this guide and your Hector build guide and the one thing I can't seem to get working is my SSD speeds. They seem extremely slow when moving/copying files around in Finder both on the main SSD and to other SSD/HDD in the system.

I initially had the 3rd party SATA kext installed, but I deleted it after I realized I should probably be using the Intel one from Multibeast instead. Even with that one, I get nowhere speed wise though. I'm getting 30-45 MB/sec max out of an SSD that should be giving me 100's of MB/s. Any advice to offer? I also have a thread in the General Help forum. Thank you very much for your time and anything you might be able to tell me.

any guide for updating to OSX Sierra??

You can just run from the app. Put kexts in EFI/Clover/kexts/other. Boot without cache on first boot to the install and boot without cache on second boot.

any guide for updating to OSX Sierra??
In the near future. I'm waiting for the 'Beasts to come out because it's easier. However, if I were you, I wouldn't be in a rush as there are still bugs in Sierra, although not as bad as El Capitan 10.11.0. Sierra 10.12.1 Beta was just released so the public release of 10.12.1 should be out soon.

When I publish a Sierra guide it will be in the Sierra Desktop Guides section.

Hi Stork. Would you be able to check on you're H97N-WIFI to see if AppleIntelCPUPowermanagement and AppleCPUPowermanagement Client is loaded? I cant seem to get it to load my CPU is stuck at 4Ghz. Ive tried iMac 14,1 and 14,2 same problem also tried iMac 15,1 same problem i do have a SSDT implemented I've also patched AppleLPC and AppleLPC is loaded now but for Powermanagement it doesn't seem to be working.

Unfortunately, I'm unable to check for you. I'm traveling (visiting family), and Hector is not with me.

Unfortunately, I'm unable to check for you. I'm traveling (visiting family), and Hector is not with me.

Its fine Stork. After doing some research apparently AppleIntelCPUPowermanagement has been replaced with something called XNU with Haswel and newer.

Hello,

I made a hackintosh in 2016 with El capitan, everything was working fine until finder desapears and other OS issues. I tried to find a way to recover but now my computer shutdown after clover boot. I don't now what to do, My Hackintosh is dead.
So i tried to boot on USB with unibeast to reinstall system but I can't: My USB stick doesn't appears as UEFI: usb, I can't set it in Bios. I tried different settings without succes, my unibeast usb stick is formated as GPT and done using UEFI mode. I look for answers in forums for days but I find nothing. Have you got an idea? Thanks a lot

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back