Contribute
Register

Guide for Gigabyte H/Z97N-WIFI Using HD4600 or GTX 750 Ti Using Clover (El Capitan)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you. I ended up redoing the process and followed the steps to a T, and all is working. I tried to be sneaky and just add in my GT740SC yesterday without changing anything, everything worked great and then this morning it wouldn't boot so i will try the NV Disable=1 later today.

Again great write up, i have wanted to go the mackintosh route for years but got sucked into buying multiple Apple machines so now i am glad i have the option of a more upgradable device for the future.

I still get a reboot after selecting the clover install usb of El Capitan. I've done the following:

- created new clover USB stick for El Capitan (no change)
- created new clover USB stick for Yosemite (install worked)
• attained full functionality with clover/Yosemite
- direct upgrade to El Capitan from Yosemite (same reboot at Apple logo)

I don't get it. What's going on? :banghead:
Make sure you're using the USB 2 port on the Back Panel in the two USB port stack with the P/S connector.

I've narrowed it down to the motherboard. I swapped out components with the other functioning system and the reboot error when trying to install El Capitan (Clover USB -or- direct update from a working Clover Yosemite install) moves with the motherboard. I swapped everything, including the i7 CPU. I even pulled the bluetooth/wifi card that came with the motherboard.

----- RAM, Power Supply, Power Switch, Case Fan, Hot Swap Bay, CPU Fan, CPU (nothing else was connected)

Both motherboards are using the same BIOS settings. Both motherboards have the same BIOS versions (F8; the current one on the Gigabyte website).

Next steps/options:
1) re-flash the BIOS version on the troublesome motherboard to F8 (maybe the factory one is in error)
2) return the motherboard somehow through Amazon
3) just live with Yosemite on the troublesome motherboard and be done with it

Thoughts?

I've narrowed it down to the motherboard. I swapped out components with the other functioning system and the reboot error when trying to install El Capitan (Clover USB -or- direct update from a working Clover Yosemite install) moves with the motherboard. I swapped everything, including the i7 CPU. I even pulled the bluetooth/wifi card that came with the motherboard.

----- RAM, Power Supply, Power Switch, Case Fan, Hot Swap Bay, CPU Fan, CPU (nothing else was connected)

Both motherboards are using the same BIOS settings. Both motherboards have the same BIOS versions (F8; the current one on the Gigabyte website).

Next steps/options:
1) re-flash the BIOS version on the troublesome motherboard to F8 (maybe the factory one is in error)
2) return the motherboard somehow through Amazon
3) just live with Yosemite on the troublesome motherboard and be done with it

Thoughts?
1. Low probability, but it will get you a quicker return if you do it and it fails.
2. You'll probably have to swap out the motherboard with Gigabyte (RMA). I've had to RMA a motherboard and got a replacement motherboard within two weeks. You could try to return it to Amazon, but I think you've had it too long in which case Amazon will recommend you contact Gigabyte.
3. Don't live with a product that a) you're not happy with and/or b) isn't working as it should.

Good luck! Been there, done that and glad I did. :thumbup:

First of all, thanks for taking the time out to create this guide. First time hacktosher so please forgive me for my naivety on the subject.

Hoping for a little help as I'm having issues with a clover reboot loop.

Followed your guide completely and ran into a couple small (?) issues (wondering if they are causing the reboot loop)

• Looks like newest Bios is F8 but when I try to update through the gigabyte app it only updates to F5
  • In bios preparation - I see no settings for X.M.P. (presumably not present because I'm not on the most recent bios?). All the other bios settings were configured successfully.

I've tried adding the boot flag nv_disable=1, -x, cpus=1 with no success.

I took a picture of my screen before it loops. Sorry for the quality as I haven't figured out how to capture a screenshot before it loops.

IMG_0439.jpg

Hi, is my first time in a hackintosh build.
First, thanks a lot about this guide, i have 99% of my build done.

My config is the same 99%.
I have a question about the 2 lan inside the Gigabyte H/Z97N-WIFI.
The intel side is ok, the AtherosE2200Ethernet not.
I need this 2nd lan, for share the internet, so im here for ask an help about.
I have put the kext, with KextBeast, also the update, the last, but nothing. not functional.
In real i have another problem with imessage, but...
Can sameone give me some kind of help.
thanks a lot

p.s. sorry 4 my "english" in any case :)

...Followed your guide completely and ran into a couple small (?) issues (wondering if they are causing the reboot loop)
  • Looks like newest Bios is F8 but when I try to update through the gigabyte app it only updates to F5
  • In bios preparation - I see no settings for X.M.P. (presumably not present because I'm not on the most recent bios?). All the other bios settings were configured successfully.

I've tried adding the boot flag nv_disable=1, -x, cpus=1 with no success.

I took a picture of my screen before it loops. Sorry for the quality as I haven't figured out how to capture a screenshot before it loops...
For updating your BIOS, I recommend Option #1 here.

Your memory may not support or have X.M.P. which would cause the BIOS not to display that option.

If your system is like mine, you shouldn't need the "-x, cpus=1" boot flags. Make sure your UniBeast USB thumb drive is in one of the USB 2 ports in the stack with the PS/2 plug.

Hi I got up to using the EFI Mounter V3.

I can't seem to mount the drive using EFI Mounter v3

I checked which drive is my el capitan internal drive (mine happened to be disk0) and then I was given an option to either mount the disk or unmount the disk using EFI. I chose mount but I recived an error pop-up saying "Finder got an error: appleevent handler failed. (-10000)

Did I miss something?
Just to clarify I followed the checklist 100% to the T

Someone please help Im in the process as I type :(

built-in card does not work, search this forum for wireless adapter recommendation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back