Contribute
Register

Guide for Gigabyte H/Z97N-WIFI Using HD4600 or GTX 750 Ti Using Clover (El Capitan)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You might have a hardware/component problem since you're having these panics. Unfortunately, I don't know which component. We know it's not your SSD because you tried your other system's SSD and got the same result.

So, swap the memory and try it. (Memory is the easiest to test and is usually the hardware to be bad in a system.) If it works with the other system's memory, put the original memory back into the motherboard and run memtest86.

If memory isn't the problem, remove your graphics card and try booting with the onboard graphics. (Don't forget to change the video output in the BIOS.) If it still doesn't work and if it's a hardware problem, the problem can be either with the motherboard or the processor.

Last thought...it might be a bent pin on the motherboard, but I think that's a unlikely occurrence.

Good luck!:thumbup:

Excellent guide stork, as always :D. And a merry christmas to you, but it comes with a few woes.
Got everything up and running, but no sound? I installed the ALC892 patch from MB twice but it still isn't a go. What can I do?

EDIT

Further use and it seems I don't have QE enabled either. Standard HD4600.

EDIT 2

It seems that I can't boot from the hard drive either? KP, Unknown thread. If I boot using the unibeast USB everything is fine, using the same boot args...

Have you managed the sound issue?
I´ve got the same issue regarding ALC892.
I´ve tried to use the HDMI option for 4600 since my monitor is a Samsung TV and got nothing.

All best,

Sergio

You might have a hardware/component problem since you're having these panics. Unfortunately, I don't know which component. We know it's not your SSD because you tried your other system's SSD and got the same result.

So, swap the memory and try it. (Memory is the easiest to test and is usually the hardware to be bad in a system.) If it works with the other system's memory, put the original memory back into the motherboard and run memtest86.

If memory isn't the problem, remove your graphics card and try booting with the onboard graphics. (Don't forget to change the video output in the BIOS.) If it still doesn't work and if it's a hardware problem, the problem can be either with the motherboard or the processor.

Last thought...it might be a bent pin on the motherboard, but I think that's a unlikely occurrence.

Good luck!:thumbup:

Good news... but, I'm still confused. I moved the RAM around between the working system and non-working system. No change. The non-working system is still moody with respect to using only one RAM stick and it has to be in DIMM slot 2 for the motherboard to boot.

I reset the BIOS to optimized defaults and only changed VT-d to disable. No change.

For humor's sake, I put in my Yosemite USB install thumb drive from my older builds... And the non-working system booted to the 'choose your language' screen!

So... my hardware seems to be good (knock on wood). Maybe the El Capitan install thumb drive needs redone. I'll figure that out later. I'm just happy the hardware seems ok.

Thoughts?

Good news... but, I'm still confused. I moved the RAM around between the working system and non-working system. No change. The non-working system is still moody with respect to using only one RAM stick and it has to be in DIMM slot 2 for the motherboard to boot.

I reset the BIOS to optimized defaults and only changed VT-d to disable. No change.

For humor's sake, I put in my Yosemite USB install thumb drive from my older builds... And the non-working system booted to the 'choose your language' screen!

So... my hardware seems to be good (knock on wood). Maybe the El Capitan install thumb drive needs redone. I'll figure that out later. I'm just happy the hardware seems ok.

Thoughts?
Go for the new UniBeast Installer. Note: You'll need 7.63 GB free after erasing the USB (IIRC).

So managed to enable both ethernets!!!! Yeah Team.

But still struggling with the Cpu Cores..

The cpu is the i7-4790k and I have been able to change the boot string to cpus=4 and it boots and Activity Monitor shows 4 out of 8 cpus as active. Im assuming the 8 is the cpu threads. When I run geekbench 32 it reports 2 cores / 4 threads.

I fired up MultiBeast and installed the VoodooTSCSync initially as 4 core but didn't work. I tried the voodooo 8 Core because i'm not sure if thats really 8 thread and not really core??? Again didnt work. I went to look for the kext thinking maybe there were two colliding variants.. There is nothing in my /S/L/E with Voodoo in the name????? The PDF says VoodooTSCSync is only needed for LGA2011 cpus .. mine is a LGA1150.

So how do i enable all these cores?

Help?

Any other suggestions??
When I start from scratch and reformat the drive and use the "any pc guide for El Capitan" the EFI is not bootable. I generally boot off the thumb drive mount the two EFI's and copy over the full EFI directory and then boot changing the boot args and run MultiBeast.

Maybe its a UniBeast problem?

My config should be amazing but is limping along. Still I can boot with cpus=4 and get 4 but not the full 8 threads..

Go for the new UniBeast Installer. Note: You'll need 7.63 GB free after erasing the USB (IIRC).

I've swapped the memory. I've created a new UniBeast Installer. Still no luck. It reboots prior to a progress bar appearing under the apple logo.

I've checked the BIOS. It's identical to Stork's guide and my other functioning setup. If I set the BIOS to Optimized Settings and disable Vt-d, I can effortlessly install Yosemite using the Yosemite UniBeast Installer.

This implies to me that there is some hardware difference... somehow that hangs up El Capitan but not Yosemite.

Thoughts?

I am in the same boat, can't get the Audio Driver for the Realtek ALC982 to work, have followed the instructions. One question, in the requirements for downloading you mention the clover software but where in the build are you using it? Very new to these builds, great write up and so far all seems to work except audio.

I am in the same boat, can't get the Audio Driver for the Realtek ALC982 to work, have followed the instructions. One question, in the requirements for downloading you mention the clover software but where in the build are you using it? Very new to these builds, great write up and so far all seems to work except audio.
MultiBeast installs Clover. :thumbup: Check out MultiBeast.com or read the MultiBeast Features document that comes with the MultiBeast zip file. See page 2-3.

Sorry if I missed it in an earlier post but are you using HDMI audio? I just installed El Capitan on the H97M-D3H which also uses ALC892. I had no audio until I ran Toledo's latest script from Tony's post 2 days ago. It enabled HDMI audio for the 4600 and my Nvidia card. Works now.

I still get a reboot after selecting the clover install usb of El Capitan. I've done the following:

- created new clover USB stick for El Capitan (no change)
- created new clover USB stick for Yosemite (install worked)
• attained full functionality with clover/Yosemite
- direct upgrade to El Capitan from Yosemite (same reboot at Apple logo)

I don't get it. What's going on? :banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back