Contribute
Register

Guide for Gigabyte H/Z97N-WIFI Using HD4600 or GTX 750 Ti Using Clover (El Capitan)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, i'm using the z97n-wifi for a G4 Cube, with onboard intel Graphics 4600.
My Cube is connected to a Sony 4k TV with HDMI cable.
The problem i'm facing is that Windows works well @4k 30Hz, but Sierra only show 1080P @60Hz.
I tried all possible settings in osX, but i'm still stuck in FHD...
Not surprised to hear that. According to the Gigabyte web site, the Z97N has
2 x HDMI ports, supporting a maximum resolution of 4096x2160@24Hz or 2560x1600@60Hz
  • Support for HDMI 1.4a version.
  • Which means your HDTV can't negotiate either of the two HMDI maximum resolutions.

This guide is the best I have ever seen. I have one question need help.

"Rehabman's FakePCIID.kext and FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext which make the new El Capitan USB 3/2 port assignments work; we'll install using KextBeast. Now included in MultBeast v8.1+."

I need above steps. I want to drive my intel p4600 graphics card in Sierra, Multbeast do not support it.

I have download the 2 fake files and try the readme.md, but can not drive my intel P4600 video card.
from Rehabman's document, it have supported p4600 video card.

Thanks.

GA G1.sniper z87
E3 = 1285L V3 /P4600 video
corsair 8G ddr3 1600
DELL U2410 monitor with HDMI connected.

Last edited:
Hello,
I managed to get this motherboard Gigabyte H97N-WIFI with difficulty but still managed. I just finished the installation with as components:
- H97N-wifi
- i5-4440
- 8GB of memory
- SSD 480GB
Everything works, the installation of El Capitan knows well past and I used the configuration of Stork for Multibeast.
Everything seems to work except that I plugged a 32-inch screen into 4K. And my resolution remains in 1920 * 1080. Is this normal? Do I have to buy another video card? I'm connected in hdmi.
Sorry for my English, I'm French.
thank you in advance

Please update your profile system information with your current motherboard's, processor's and graphics card's manufacturer and model. TIA.

If you're using the on-board graphics, see the H97N's User Manual to see if supports 4K (and if the i5-4440 supports 4K). If you're still using the GTX 460, it was born before 4K :lol: so you'll need a new graphics card.

I published my profile. Thank you Stork
For this configuration, I did not buy a graphics card, thinking that the integrated video of the motherboard was enough.
So the motherboard does not manage 4K resolution under hackintosh?
The documentation indicates that hdmi ports support the maximum resolution of 4096x2160 @ 24Hz. My screen goes up to 3840x2160 resolution.
If not, what do you advise me?
This hackintosh will only work for photoshop, illustrator and indesign.
Thank you

For the i5-4440 : Max Resolution (eDP - Integrated Flat Panel)‡3840x2160@60Hz
I thought I read the user manual.
I will change hdmi cable and test again.
Otherwise, what do you advise me as a video card to enjoy the resolution 4k of my screen pc?

A gigabyte 750 Ti 2GB would be enough?
My PC screen supports 3840x2160 resolution at 60Hz in HDMI.

Last edited:
A gigabyte 750 Ti 2GB would be enough?
My PC screen supports 3840x2160 resolution at 60Hz in HDMI.
Look up the specifications on the Gigabyte GTX 750 Ti. Sierra supports 4K so it's a function the model of the graphics card. Most all will support 4K with DisplayPort connection. So, when you check, make sure the HDMI supports 4K.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back