Contribute
Register

Guide for Gigabyte H/Z97N-WIFI Using HD4600 or GTX 750 Ti Using Clover (El Capitan)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like you have hardware failure of some kind. Do you have your system set up to multi-boot into another OS? If so, does it run OK?

No multi boot, only Hackintosh OS. There is perhaps a problem with SSD but but I don't understand why an issue with only with USB, the USB stick appears in Bios but can't be set for boot on UEFI.

Last edited:
Are you using the USB ports in the column with the PS/2 port? If not, use either of those USB 2 ports. If they don't work, try the other USB ports, even the USB 3 ports.

Yes, I use usb 2 ports and I tried all usb ports without succes and the usb key is the one I used to install El capitan first.
I ve tried a unibeast key formated as MBR but no change.

Bios setting is OK:
Load the Optimized Defaults (F7); I did it
:ch: M.I.T. > Advanced Memory Settings > X.M.P. > Profile 1
:ch: BIOS Features > Boot Options Priorities <--- set this to the UEFI !!!! NOT POSSIBLE FOR ME !!!
:ch: BIOS Features > VT-d > Disable
:ch: BIOS Features > Windows Features > Other OS
:ch: BIOS Features > Boot Mode Selection > UEFI only
:ch: Peripherals > Initial Display Output > IGFX
:ch: Peripherals > Intel Processor Graphics > Enable
:ch: Peripherals > XHCI Mode > Auto
:ch: Peripherals > EHCI Hand-off > Enable
:ch: Peripherals > XHCI Hand-off > Enable

Last edited:
Hmmmm. Try another USB thumb drive - it doesn't have to be a UniBeast installation created thumb drive. Just see if your BIOS can recognize a USB thumb drive.

Just a quick update, last weekend I took the plunge and upgraded my build to macOS Sierra. I had some difficulty making it work until I discovered that I had to use an older clover installer to get it to boot. Anyway, that is obsolete now since Unibeast and MultiBeast are out in the wild, so to speak.

1: System is very stable except for the occasional crash/freeze caused by Safari/Twitter but it happens very rarely.
2: Sound worked once I installed Toleda's script, still works even when wake from sleep.
3: GeekBench gives me the same results as with El Capitan!
4: looking forward to the first .1 update that's just around the corner.

Last edited:
In some topics I read that EFI partition should be formated as Fat32 or BMR to be recognised, Unibeast usb thumb seems to be totally formated as GPT, is it right? thanks for help, I will try another stick.

I did it, I wasn'able to boot usb keyin UEFI mode, so I did a unibeast usb stick using legacy mode. El Capitan is running now.

Hmmm. That's strange. I have always used the UniBeast UEFI option. Well, the good news is that your system is up and running El Capitan.:thumbup:

Hi, i'm using the z97n-wifi for a G4 Cube, with onboard intel Graphics 4600.
My Cube is connected to a Sony 4k TV with HDMI cable.
The problem i'm facing is that Windows works well @4k 30Hz, but Sierra only show 1080P @60Hz.
I tried all possible settings in osX, but i'm still stuck in FHD...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back