Contribute
Register

Guide for Gigabyte H/Z97N-WIFI Using HD4600 - Chimera/MultiBeast Method

Status
Not open for further replies.
So much learning experience! Finally installed AW CE123H Mini PCIx card from Amazon. Thought it would work out of box but it did not. Patched DSDTs and few of the available kexts and now I have WiFi and Bluetooth working and stable. Last challenge for me is HDMI sound. Trying to avoid clutter on the table by removing currently needed speakers. Hopefully I will find some help on this forum.
Sorry I didn't know about your wireless/BT requirement earlier. I use tonymacx86's recommend iMac wireless/BT card and adapter which I've described in this post. This wireless/BT4 solution works OOB w/o the need for a DSDT.

See the HDMI audio forum section for HDMI audio.

Hi Stork,

No worries. There is ton of information on this forum. Finally got my Bluetooth, Wifi with AW-CE123H working. In another thread Toleda provided some pointers to enable my HDMI audio with onboard HD4600.

I have non AC Netgear router WNDR4500. It supports 2.4GHz and 5GHz network. For now, my Mini PCIe card AW-CE123H is showing only 2.4GHz network and not 5GHz one. Hopefully I will find some information on this forum to enable that network as well.

Thank you,

Thanks for the guide. Everything worked for me for a few days (apart from BT and WiFi which I don't need) and then I tried installing ASUS BT211 and magic trackpad was laggy, but BT headphones worked fine...

And since this morning I can't boot up anymore. I get that apple white/gray screen with progress bar stuck at 1/3 of the way...

Do you have any idea what to try next so I don't have to perform clean install?

apple-stuck.jpg

Last edited:
I recommend you remove the Gigabyte WiFi/BT card to eliminate any problems this could be causing since you're using a external BT USB dongle.

Also, boot with the "-v" boot flag to see where it stops/hangs.

Hello guys/gals,

I have this strange problem. I have two 17inch Dell monitors, they are VGA only. My old hackintosh had an nVidia card with one VGA port and one DVI-I port, one VGA port connected to one port and for the other monitor i used this DVI-I to VGA adapter. Everything worked great.

So now i am trying to use onboard HD4600 with the same monitors. I connected this adapter to DVI port and try to boot from the USB that was created using Unibeast. I add -v parameter and the system starts booting, i see the entire boot process until the every end where the system should display the OSX installer. Well i see nothing, the monitor does not go into sleep or anything like that, i can tell the signal is there.

I don't think it's the adapter because i can insert a Ubuntu live-cd and it works just fine. Also if i remove the adapter and connect DVI capable monitor, it works just fine too. I saw some discussions online that certain DVI ports do not send analog signal, i looked on Gigabyte website and the DVI port on this board is DVI-I which means it sends both digital and analog signal.

Any ideas what could be wrong ?

Adapter.png

I recommend you remove the Gigabyte WiFi/BT card to eliminate any problems this could be causing since you're using a external BT USB dongle.

Also, boot with the "-v" boot flag to see where it stops/hangs.

bt (1) - Copy.jpgbt (2) - Copy.jpg

It's stuck after Bluetooth, so I've heard it is a graphics problem.

UPDATE: Problem solved - Everything was caused due to switching to analog VGA monitor input, after I connected it to HDMI/DVI cable it works fine again.
Thanks and sorry for bothering.

Last edited:
Great Guide and lots of information! I used this guide for my 4th tonymacx86 build.

Followed the guide right to success! Using Yosemite on Z97N-WIFI with i74790K and HD4600 graphics.

Thank you Stork for another great post!

Great Guide and lots of information! I used this guide for my 4th tonymacx86 build.

Followed the guide right to success! Using Yosemite on Z97N-WIFI with i7-4790K and HD4600 graphics.

Thank you Stork for another great post!
You're welcome! Happy New Year!

Stork,

Hope all is well. Everything has been running smoothly since my last post. However, I bought my wife an Apple Trackpad for use with her hack. I couldn't get it to run with the on-board Bluetooth on the Z97N-wifi. I bought a the Gmyle Bluetooth 4.0 after some research (http://www.amazon.com/GMYLE-Bluetooth-Technology-Wireless-Broadcom/dp/B007MKMJGO/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=tonymacx86com-20). After unplugging the antenna, I was able to get it to work. However, after a shut down, the Bluetooth isn't working anymore. I note from the OP that you completely removed the Bluetooth/WiFi card. I opened up my machine to look at the MB and it looks pretty complicated. Is there a bios setting that can accomplish this? I'm not sure I have the tools to physically disconnect the card.

Anyway, any help would be appreciated. I've read a lot of posts from others who have had good success with the Gmyle solution. Thanks in advance.

There are two very small screws that hold the WiFi/BT card in place. Remove the antenna leads first and then the screws, being careful to not lose the screws in the case if you don't take the motherboard out of the case.

For the following steps, you'll need a USB mouse. Once the card is out of it's motherboard socket, turn off all your BT peripherals, and boot into the Yosemite Desktop

Next, remove the /Library/Preferences/com.apple.Bluetooth.plist file, and, with your BT USB dongle inserted into a Back Panel USB 2 plug, reboot into the Yosemite Desktop with UseKernelCache=No.

Finally, run /System/Library/CoreServices/Bluetooth Setup Assistant. Turn on BT item on at a time and connect each peripheral with the Setup Assistant.

Hopefully, this will work for you. Good luck! :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back