Contribute
Register

Guide for Gigabyte H/Z97N-WIFI Using HD4600 - Chimera/MultiBeast Method

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stork,

Thanks for this great guide. As we discussed on your Mavericks build guide for the H/Z97N-WIFI, I have a stable, working Yosemite build. However, I hit a bit of a snag last night. After not using the computer for about four days, when it powered up an internal hard drive (not the drive running Yosemite) no longer showed as a mounted drive. I went to disk utility, which does show the drive. However, the name has been changed and is now grayed out. I tried to verify the disk, which gave me a message saying to repair permissions. When I tried to repair permissions, an error message stated the repair could not be completed. This is a 1TB drive that is about half full.

Based on internet research, it appears the hard drive may just be bad. However, I wanted to check here to make sure there isn't something malfunctioning with the hackintosh. I searched the forums and couldn't see any sign of this happening to people.

Any wisdom would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Great guide!!! Thank you for all the hard work!!!

I am long time Apple user (iMac, Macbook pro, Macbook air, iPhone); however newbie to Hackintoshing.

Followed this guide and Tonymacx Yosemite install guide for Customac mini Deluxe.

Lesson's learned:

1. Exciting, frustrating but rewarding experience

2. Boot flag of -v (verbose) always resulted in kernel panic but removal of -v and using maxmem=8192 helped with clean install

3. Initially started with Crucial MX100 128GB SSD. Faced with Boot0 error. Followed boot0 guide of using "dd" command but that messed up the installation and Yosemite partition was lost. Gave up and tried the Silicon Power S70, 120GB SSD and now I can boot from my SSD without need of boot image from flash drive.

4. After installation during reboot before MultiBeast procedure; forgot to use -x (safe mode) boot parameter and that did not install Audio driver. After using -x as pointed in guide solved the issue. conclusion: read carefully and follow instructions :)

Issues currently Facing:

1. HDMI video is working but HDMI sound does not work

2. Bluetooth to headset works but challenged to connect to my android phone constantly

3. both network ports worked but onboard WIFI is not working. This issue is acknowledged on this forum. Hopefully someone/someday will be able to find solution :)

Guru's,

I am somewhat lost in finding solution for HDMI sound, probably because of SSDT, DSDT, Kext and other terminologies that are confusing to me as noob :cry:

I would appreciate specific guidance/steps to fix HDMI sound issue considering my hardware choices.

Thank you very much for all the support on this forum.

Great guide!!! Thank you for all the hard work!!!

I am long time Apple user (iMac, Macbook pro, Macbook air, iPhone); however newbie to Hackintoshing.

Followed this guide and Tonymacx Yosemite install guide for Customac mini Deluxe....
Welcome to the Forum and hackintoshing.

...I am somewhat lost in finding solution for HDMI sound, probably because of SSDT, DSDT, Kext and other terminologies that are confusing to me as noob :cry:

I would appreciate specific guidance/steps to fix HDMI sound issue considering my hardware choices.

Thank you very much for all the support on this forum.
See the Forum's HDMI Audio forum section: http://www.tonymacx86.com/hdmi-audio/ I can't help you since I don't use HDMI audio - I have audio recording monitor speakers which deliver a much truer sound for music recording.

Intel WiFi support is not on Apple's requirements list since they prefer the Broadcom chips in their products. I removed the Gigabyte provided WiFi/BT miniPCIe card. See the sticky threads in the Network forum section for more information: http://www.tonymacx86.com/network/ or my post here; the tonymacx86 solution works like a champ! :thumbup:

Hello, i'm having some trouble with IGFX, my rig is:

MoBo: GA-Z97X-UD5H (rev 1.1)
CPU: i7 4790k
GPU: Intel HD 4600 and MSI GTX 970

If i choose IGFX as Initial Display Output (Intel Processor Graphics is enabled) then i can't get into the BIOS anymore (if I press "delete" during boot a black screen with a ticking underscore is shown), the only way i found to get back into the BIOS is to reset cmos.
What do you think is the problem?
:crazy:

Thanks for reply

Two years ago I started to build a Mac-Mini Quad Renderfarm.
"Fortunately" Apple stopped the Mini Quad line this autumn. Otherwise I never would have thought of doing what I did last night. It was such a great feeling when at 5:35am the final Yosemite Desktop showed up
:headbang:

As jpjax already mentioned, following this specific guide precisely is a sure path to success!

The first tests with Maxon Cinema4D Teamrender-Client R16 showed 100% stability and performance.

I'll now definitely build a "Helmer"-Rack consisting of six of this units, each with the i7-4790K.
Thats a value for the money of nearly 200% comparing to the 2012 Quad Minis.

I'm so thankful to you guys! Great effort! :thumbup:

...As jpjax already mentioned, following this specific guide precisely is a sure path to success!

The first tests with Maxon Cinema4D Teamrender-Client R16 showed 100% stability and performance.

I'll now definitely build a "Helmer"-Rack consisting of six of this units, each with the i7-4790K.
Thats a value for the money of nearly 200% comparing to the 2012 Quad Minis.

I'm so thankful to you guys! Great effort! :thumbup:
You're welcome! Welcome to the Forum! Enjoy your hackintosh(s). :thumbup:

Two years ago I started to build a Mac-Mini Quad Renderfarm.
"Fortunately" Apple stopped the Mini Quad line this autumn. Otherwise I never would have thought of doing what I did last night. It was such a great feeling when at 5:35am the final Yosemite Desktop showed up

Same here!

I was eagerly awaiting 2014 Mac Mini so I can replace my daughter's 5 years old IMac with mac mini. I am so glad that Apple released crappy Mini, making me venture into Hackintosh world... For almost same cost of Mac Mini, I now have 10 time better performing machine. I have not even attempted to Overclock! this is next...

The only challenge my daughter is facing is that she still has to use old iMac, as it is difficult for me to let go of my new creation! :D

So much learning experience! Finally installed AW CE123H Mini PCIx card from Amazon. Thought it would work out of box but it did not. Patched DSDTs and few of the available kexts and now I have WiFi and Bluetooth working and stable. Last challenge for me is HDMI sound. Trying to avoid clutter on the table by removing currently needed speakers. Hopefully I will find some help on this forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back