Contribute
Register

Guide for Gigabyte H/Z97N-WIFI Using HD4600 - Chimera/MultiBeast Method

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks very much for this detailed guide Stork,

I do have some freezes with my Z97N-WIFI, which might be resulting to the fact that I did not do that :

Customize > Boot Options > Uncheck Generate CPU States <---- Important for 9-series motherboards with Haswell Refreshed processors; prevents freezes

Shall I just edit my org.chameleon.Boot.plist from :

<key>GenerateCStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>

to :

<string>No</string>

to correct this ?

Successfully setup the following system using this guide

Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI
i7 4770
Nvidia GTX 760
16Gb DDR3
Samsung 840 EVO 250Gb
Seagate 1Tb ST2000DM001

But the network will freeze when transfering large files

So I reloaded MultiBeast with the AppleIntelE1000e V3.04.1a driver, tried transferring the same files and no freeze

Anyone else had similar issues?

Hey Stork excellent guide!...
Does the ALXEthernet kext work for the atheros ethernet port in yosemite?
And, would it be considered safe to update my mavericks install to yosemite without reinstalling? It's 1TB and it would be a pain to manually transfer everything over to a fresh install without using migration assistant.
Thanks! :thumbup: You can install both the Atheros and the Intel Ethernet drivers or just one of them. I chose the the Intel driver because, at the time, I had the Ethernet cable connected to that port. :)

You can use the Migration Assistant but uncheck the "Other files" selection (or something like that). Or you can use tonymacx86's guide for installing over Mavericks: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...-os-x-yosemite-using-unibeast-multibeast.html. However, I've only done fresh installations for testing purposes. I can not recommend migrating to Yosemite from Mavericks unless you just have to have the Mac to iDevices Continuity/Handoff capabilities. Yosemite, IMO, is still too buggy for human use. I won't transition my production systems until .3 or .4 updates.

I followed the steps, but when it's finished uploading everything goes black and stops on the screen ... where am I wrong ??
thanks
Since I'm not telepathic, I can't tell what are your system components. Please provide complete details in your profile/signature (Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this web page).

System: motherboard manufacturer/model
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example:
System: GA-H97N-WIFI
CPU: i7-4790
Graphics: HD4600 or MSI GTX 760​

TIA. Note: if you are using a graphics card, see the second note item at the beginning of Post #1.

I recently buy this motherborad for my mom, but i have problem to enter in the install screen.

The specs are this.

i3 4330
GA - h97n wifi
1x 8gb 1600 Fury
power supply 550 Corsair Cs
ssd 120gb Samsung Evo

I attach a screen with the log.

Thanks
It could be a whole multitude of things that caused this error to happen. Unfortunately, you didn't provide enough information for me to help you. Where were you in the installation process (quote the guide step you were on in your response)? Did you follow the http://www.tonymacx86.com/445-unibeast-install-os-x-yosemite-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html for creating your UniBeast thumb drive? Please update your profile/signature information as I mentioned above.

Thanks very much for this detailed guide Stork,

I do have some freezes with my Z97N-WIFI, which might be resulting to the fact that I did not do that :

Customize > Boot Options > Uncheck Generate CPU States <---- Important for 9-series motherboards with Haswell Refreshed processors; prevents freezes

Shall I just edit my org.chameleon.Boot.plist from :

<string>Yes</string>

to :

<string>No</string>

to correct this ?
Your welcome. Yes, change both the GeneratePStates and GenerateCStates to No.

Hi Stork. Sorry for the lack of information provided. I set i me signature my mom specs pc.

I stoped at this stage. I follow the unibeat guide for the boot usb.

I cant disable Vt-d and cant change X.M.P to Profile 1 beacuse i have a non K processor

I use this chimera commands to run the installer: -v; -x -v; -x -v maxmem=4096 without any sucess.

The usb is connected to black port(USB 2.0), the ssd i tried to attached to p0 and p5, i use a powersupply corsair cs550.

There are any problem with this cpu??? and with the 1x 8gb ram??

Thanks for you reply

Installation of OS X
:ch: At the Chimera screen, choose the UniBeast thumb drive USB) to execute and follow the installation procedure in Steps 4; if you get a Kernel Panic:
:ch: Reboot and, at the Chimera screen, press the keyboard's SpaceBar to open the boot flag window at the bottom of the screen;
:ch: Enter "-v maxmem=4096" (without the quotes), where 4096 is your memory size div by two; and
:ch: Press the Return key on the keyboard to boot into the Yosemite Desktop.​
:ch: After the installation, the computer will reboot;
:ch: At the Chimera screen, use the arrow keyboard key to highlight the Yosemite drive;
:ch: Press the keyboard's SpaceBar to open the boot flag window at the bottom of the screen;
:ch: Enter "-v -x" (without the quotes) and press the Return key on the keyboard to boot into the Yosemite Desktop.

Hi Stork. Sorry for the lack of information provided. I set i me signature my mom specs pc.

I cant disable Vt-d and cant change X.M.P to Profile 1 beacuse i have a non K processor
I have a non K processor, too, but I have a Haswell Refresh processor; yours is first Haswell processor (non Refreshed). So, you should be able to disable Vt-d. What speed is your memory? Your memory may not support X.M.P and, thus, it can't be changed to Profile 1 - just default.

xnoirx said:
I use this chimera commands to run the installer: -v; -x -v; -x -v maxmem=4096 without any sucess.

The usb is connected to black port(USB 2.0), the ssd i tried to attached to p0 and p5, i use a powersupply corsair cs550.

Thanks for you reply
Your processor supports HD 4600 graphics; so, it's not the processor. Is your memory listed in the Gigabyte H97N's Memory Support List?

Thanks for you reply

Funnily enough I had, and have this exact same problem. I found that if I don't boot with any arguments the boot is more likely to succeed. It's probably due to the fact I refuse to update my BIOS, still using version F2.

Thanks! :thumbup: You can install both the Atheros and the Intel Ethernet drivers or just one of them. I chose the the Intel driver because, at the time, I had the Ethernet cable connected to that port. :)

You can use the Migration Assistant but uncheck the "Other files" selection (or something like that). Or you can use tonymacx86's guide for installing over Mavericks: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...-os-x-yosemite-using-unibeast-multibeast.html. However, I've only done fresh installations for testing purposes. I can not recommend migrating to Yosemite from Mavericks unless you just have to have the Mac to iDevices Continuity/Handoff capabilities. Yosemite, IMO, is still too buggy for human use. I won't transition my production systems until .3 or .4 updates.

Sweet, I don't use both ethernet ports but it's nice to have the option incase. And before you released this guide I played around with transferring my info via Migration Assistant, the first time I didn't uncheck Other Files and it rendered the system unbootable. The second time I unchecked Other Files and everything was somewhat functional. Although I did have a lot of freezes, and screen tearing. Probably because I tried my SSDT from Mavericks. Thanks for the advice! And I'm gonna keep it on my second partition until I'm willing to part with Mavericks; aka when FileNVRAM gets updated.

I have a non K processor, too, but I have a Haswell Refresh processor; yours is first Haswell processor (non Refreshed). So, you should be able to disable Vt-d. What speed is your memory? Your memory may not support X.M.P and, thus, it can't be changed to Profile 1 - just default.
Sorry, but these option not appear in mi bios, the docs of the motherboard say thats this options not appear witk non K processor :S. I have the lastest bios F5.

Your processor supports HD 4600 graphics; so, it's not the processor. Is your memory listed in the Gigabyte H97N's Memory Support List?
I dont have the serial to compare, but in the list appear a kingstom 8gb 1600Mhz, i have a kingstong fury 1600mhz 8gb. I try this afternon with my ram pc,

Sorry, but these option not appear in mi bios, the docs of the motherboard say thats this options not appear witk non K processor :S. I have the lastest bios F5.

I dont have the serial to compare, but in the list appear a kingstom 8gb 1600Mhz, i have a kingstong fury 1600mhz 8gb. I try this afternon with my ram pc,
Ah, you're correct about the Vt-d and non K processors. My Haswell Refreshed i5-4690 is treated like a K processor by the F5 BIOS. I had forgotten about that. (Mumble, mumble...olde age mind.)

Your memory should have the model number on it (and the package it came in). Check the memory's model number with those on the list. If you memory is not on the list, it might be contributing to your problem.

However, to get back to your freeze...make sure you're using the on-board DVI or HDMI top monitor connector (not the VGA connector). Have you completed the first step in the installation and rebooted using the UniBeast USB thumb drive? You didn't mention how far you got.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back