Contribute
Register

Guide for Gigabyte H/Z97N-WIFI Using HD4600 - Chimera/MultiBeast Method

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello. Tell me, why after installing by this method cannot run Windows 8 from another disk? To start it you have to change BIOS setting and make boot disk Windows?
There are several wonderful guides in the Forum's MultiBoot section > http://www.tonymacx86.com/multi-booting/. I don't use any version of MicroSloth's Windoze OS.

Hi did you manage to get the power button working. On my install it simply does nothing. If I press it longer system powers off (no shutdown).
My install: GA-H97N wifi, el-capitan 10.11.3, using internal graphics, installation following straight forward the tonymac86 10.11. proposal using clover and uefi boot.:roll2:

Hi did you manage to get the power button working. On my install it simply does nothing. If I press it longer system powers off (no shutdown).
My install: GA-H97N wifi, el-capitan 10.11.3, using internal graphics, installation following straight forward the tonymac86 10.11. proposal using clover and uefi boot.:roll2:
My Power Button works. Make sure you are use the pwr + & - on the motherboard (case) Front Panel header - Check your connection. Otherwise it sounds like your case's power button is broken.

hi,

unfortunately that is not the solution- powerswitch itself is not broken it works for power up, it works for other operating systems as well. It also works for 10.9 only for 10.11 it drives me crazy.
No idea as I strictly followed your build except I am using internal graphics?????
Is there something I can do wrong with Clover- the working 10.9 was on Chameleon? Otherwise no glue.

Hello,

My hackintosh:
Z97N-wifi
i7 4790k
8GB RAM (Crucial Ballistix Sport)
Corsair H80i CPU Cooler
Corsair CS450M PSU
Yosemite installed on 120GB SSD (Intel 530 Series)

Current monitor used through DVI at 1080p (both monitor and motherboard end) - BENQ G2420HDB.

This all works great. Thank you for this guide, it pretty much allowed me to make the above - and saved me 1500 GBP!

My latest mission is to get my Panosonic TX L19X5B monitor working with this setup. At the moment I'm not being successful with it even working by itself (i.e not dual monitor).

I was wondering if anyone could help?

- I'm using the HDMI interface at both ends
- Max resolution the Pano screen takes is 720p (is this a problem with using HDMI?)
- Screen successfully works in safe mode

Fault:
- When booting normally (i.e not in safe mode...) the screen distorts and the hack freezes during boot, straight after it's finished with all the text during verbose mode.

Thanks all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back