Contribute
Register

Guide for Gigabyte H/Z97N-WIFI Using HD4600 - Chimera/MultiBeast Method

Status
Not open for further replies.
But...:mrgreen: 3MB is over DVI - and 1536MB over HDMI on other monitor.:headbang:

is any chance to work through DVI? :p
Me thinks the 3MB cosmetic and nothing to worry about. Go have fun with it. :thumbup:

If my Guide has helped you, please be sure to use the Rate This Thread at the top of the first post on this page. TIA.

If my Guide has helped you, please be sure to use the Rate This Thread at the top of the first post on this page. TIA.

:thumbup::beachball:

Oh, I don't know. I bought the 1.35 volt when it was on sale and recommended to me by MacMan. I bought it a long time ago. The good news is that it's on the Memory List as is the 1.5 volt version. (IIRC, the 1.35 volt version has more headroom for memory OC'ing, but I'm guessing.) As far as I can tell, either the 1.35 or 1.5 will work. Both of the Tactical (1.35 & 1.5) are on the Gigabyte Memory Support List.

To play it safe, your memory should be on both lists. But, the most critical list, IMO, is Gigabyte's.

No, as per my answer to el.Charlot above. I'd go for the less expensive version.

Go for it! :thumbup:

BTW, today, I decided to an old set of Crucial Vengeance Low Profile White 1.35 Volt (2x4GB) as I noticed that it, too, is on the Gigabyte H97N Memory Support List. So far, so good.
Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B005DKZK84/
Newegg: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820233199

I bought the 1.5 volt crucial ballistic tactical 16gb kit from the buyers guide and can't get the ga-h97n-wifi to work. It won't boot or even appear to post (no bios screen). The CPU fan runs but i get no screen post. With older Corsair 2x2 = 4gb 1.65 volt sticks it runs fine. This is not a high powered machine, running the 5th generation i3 in the buyers guide and no graphic card. Any ideas for a solution?

I bought the 1.5 volt crucial ballistic tactical 16gb kit from the buyers guide and can't get the ga-h97n-wifi to work. It won't boot or even appear to post (no bios screen). The CPU fan runs but i get no screen post. With older Corsair 2x2 = 4gb 1.65 volt sticks it runs fine. This is not a high powered machine, running the 5th generation i3 in the buyers guide and no graphic card. Any ideas for a solution?
Wow! If it runs with the Corsair, it should run with the Crucial which is what I have running. So, make sure your memory is seated firmly; reinstall it. If it doesn't work, try one stick at a time.

If it still doesn't post, then the Crucial set is probably bad. Did you buy locally? If so, take it back. If not, see if you can find another computer to test the Crucial before requesting a RMA.

Good luck!

It does work with one of the 8 gig memory stick just not when I put in two????? It's got me puzzled? I'm hoping Stork knows the answer to this.

Wow! If it runs with the Corsair, it should run with the Crucial which is what I have running. So, make sure your memory is seated firmly; reinstall it. If it doesn't work, try one stick at a time.

If it still doesn't post, then the Crucial set is probably bad. Did you buy locally? If so, take it back. If not, see if you can find another computer to test the Crucial before requesting a RMA.

Good luck!

Stork,
Thank you for getting back so quickly. It works with one stick but not two sticks. I had the same problem when I tried the 8 gig buyers guide memory first 4 x 2 = 8gb in the unit so I would be surprised if I got two bad sets of memory. That lends to thinking the MB. However it works fine with the two - 2 gig sticks so I believe the MB can support two sticks. What's even more confusing is that if I take the working memory stick out of the slot and put it in the other slot, then it doesn't work. The memory socket is clicked shut and the memory looks to be seated properly. I've built probably 20 hackintosh machines and probably 50 PCs before and never ran into this.

Stork,
Thank you for getting back so quickly. It works with one stick but not two sticks. I had the same problem when I tried the 8 gig buyers guide memory first 4 x 2 = 8gb in the unit so I would be surprised if I got two bad sets of memory. That lends to thinking the MB. However it works fine with the two - 2 gig sticks so I believe the MB can support two sticks. What's even more confusing is that if I take the working memory stick out of the slot and put it in the other slot, then it doesn't work. The memory socket is clicked shut and the memory looks to be seated properly. I've built probably 20 hackintosh machines and probably 50 PCs before and never ran into this.
If you can confirm the Crucial memory works in another computer, then I'd ask Gigabyte for an RMA. That's really strange.

BTW, you are running on the latest BIOS version, right?

If you can confirm the Crucial memory works in another computer, then I'd ask Gigabyte for an RMA. That's really strange.

BTW, you are running on the latest BIOS version, right?

Yes, it has the F7 bios. What I tried is putting the 2 gb Corsair stick in the other slot with the Crucial gb stick in the working slot. The machine sees that and starts. The Crucial is also a much tighter fit. I'm inclined to think that the Crucial tolerances may be the issue and this is something others should be made aware of because the Crucial memory is on the buyers list. I'm going to see if i can find out more.

I took another step today bought Corsair sticks from the Gigabyte compatibility list and put in two x 8 = 16gb sticks. Again it won't start with two sticks but will start with one. The fit of Corsair sticks is better in the slots but the problem remains. if i can get through to Gigabyte on Monday I'm going to see if they have a solution or if it is a MB fault.

Solved not seeing all the memory. Stork, I found the problem. It was a bent pin in the CPU socket. For anyone running into the problem if you use a single edge razor blade very carefully under a magnifying glass, you can straighten out CPU socket pins. I wouldn't recommend doing this to anyone with a shaky hand or queazy about this type of hardware fix.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back