Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus H370
CPU
Core i5 8400
Graphics
built in
I followed the guide and bought the exact components for the CustoMac Mini (Case/Asus H370-I/processor/RAM/SSD etc) hoping to have a relatively smooth experience. After tweaking the BIOS settings I was able to get 10.13.5 installed without issue. However after booting into High Sierra, I have a few issues after trying all different permutations of Multibeast:

No USB, only 1 USB 2.0 port on the back works for using a mouse/keyboard. Front USB, back USB, whether 2.0 or 3.0 ports do not work with USB mice or keyboards. Only one particular 2.0 port works on the back. USB mice light up with the optical sensor on all ports, but no tracking, and same for keyboard.

Second, restarts/shutdown hang.

Third, the default Clover settings to inject the graphics for HD6xx cause a black screen unless I disable that in the boot up process (I know you can edit the clover config to make this permanent, haven't gotten there yet).

Any help would be appreciated!

I looked through the Guide section but didn't see any success reports for the recommended CustoMac Mini motherboard. I've got 10.13.5 installed, but am having a hell of time getting things to work, ie only 1 USB port works, shutdowns/restarts don't work, injecting the driver for the built in HD630 causes a black screen, no audio (I see there is a specific thread for getting this audio chipset to work). I have all the components they recommended for the CustoMac Mini. I was assuming this would be straightforward but am running into a wall. Anyone have specific instructions for what should be a common motherboard used on this forum?

I am running into problems myself, same setup as you. I am digging through the forum and trying stuff out but no luck so far. Would be nice if somebody had a guide for this specific motherboard but I have been unable to find one so far.

Last edited:
No USB, only 1 USB 2.0 port on the back works for using a mouse/keyboard. Front USB, back USB, whether 2.0 or 3.0 ports do not work with USB mice or keyboards. Only one particular 2.0 port works on the back. USB mice light up with the optical sensor on all ports, but no tracking, and same for keyboard.
May require USBInjectAll.kext in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/.
May require XHCI-300-series-injector.kext in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/.
May need PMHeart’s patch to remove XHCI USB Port Limit to /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/config.plist.

May i ask if you got everything running?
I want to buy this motherboard as well, but now i am afraid!
Was the last post the solution for the problems?

Thank You!

Hey, I just finished my build with i7 8700; Asus ROG Strip H370-I and Nvidia 1070ti. Works awesome, but it wasn't that easy... For Installation use UsbInjectAll.kext and XHCI-unsupported.kext with USBLimitPatch. For Stable-Build you have to patch your SSDT ( https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/asus-rog-strix-h370-i-gaming-build.254524/ ). If you have questions, please feel free to ask. (Sorry for bad English.. I'm from Germany)

Is bluetooth working for you?
It is not possible to get Bluetooth working with Intel-WiFi/Bluetooth-Module... For now I use an USB-Dongle, but I‘m planing to switch the internal Module to an Broadcom-Card

I have this same motherboard and similar setup and I am having trouble getting the installer to load. What are your bios settings? and anything special/different from the recommended settings in the guide?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back