Motherboard
Intel 1VG5R
CPU
Intel i5-6300HQ 2.3 GHz
Graphics
intel 530
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
So I've managed to get Filevault 2 working on the dell XPS 9550 with native PS/2 keyboard.
all credits go to @jief85 for providing the keyboard file necessary to make it work.

I've tried to enable filevault2 after I already installed macOS, but unfortunately that didn't work. I was able to type the password, but somehow it gave me an error message 'failed to unwrap crypto state'. Don't know if this was because I've ****ed up somewhere but be aware that this might happen. However, performing a clean install and encrypting the SSD via Disk Utility made it work instantly!

I was told that you have to delete all keyboard files from your EFI folder such as UsbKbDxe.efi, Ps2KeyboardDxe.efi, OsxAptioFixDrv.efi, OsxAptioFix2Drv.efi, OsxAptioFix3Drv.efi and replace it by including the applekeyfeeder.efi file into your EFI folder BUT momentarily that is not the case for the XPS 9550. Deleting all keyboard files excluding the applekeyfeeder.efi file gave me an: ERROR graphics DUIinitialize failed 0xE.

What you need:
What you need are the files: aptiomemoryfix.efi and applekeyfeeder.efi.
Additional files you need for Filevault2 are: AppleUITheme-64.efi, AppleKeyMapAggregator.efi, AppleKeyAggregator-64.efi and AppleImageCodec-64.efi. I've included all these files below.

Note: I've tried aptiofixdrv, aptiofix2drv, aptiofix3drv and aptiofixdrv2000 but they all gave me spontaneous ERROR messages upon boot. Aptiomemoryfix is the only one that works consistently without any errors. Don't forget to UNCHECK slide=0 in your config.plist.

good luck

Attachments

• Filevault2.zip
    32.8 KB · Views: 277
Works on my Dell XPS 9560 FHD as well, thanks a lot to everybody involved.

Not related to "AppleKeyFeeder" in particular, but on my XPS 9560 I also had to make sure that all the legacy booting options were disabled in the BIOS otherwise the machine would freeze after entering the password even when booting from UEFI (go figure).

Works on my Dell XPS 9560 FHD as well, thanks a lot to everybody involved.

Not related to "AppleKeyFeeder" in particular, but on my XPS 9560 I also had to make sure that all the legacy booting options were disabled in the BIOS otherwise the machine would freeze after entering the password even when booting from UEFI (go figure).
I also have XPS 9560 FHD.

Are you using APFS or HFS+ filesystem? I'm wondering if FileVault2 works with HFS+ filesystem.

Edit: FV2 supports both as far as I can tell.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back