Contribute
Register

[Guide] Fanless mini Mojave: i5-8600 | Gigabyte Z370N WiFi | Intel HD630

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you try to match my settings? High chance that it will help.

Thanks for this. Seems you have everything turned off, so only your display sleeps ... and the machine stays awake?

I have had a more aggressive sleep setup and it has worked right up to F12. I like the system sleeping and the LED going off. It takes a couple of seconds to wake, but it's fine (well it was fine).

I could try your values but that would lose the sleeping. It would also not explain what has changed from F10 to F12. Everything was good in F10. For now, I've gone back there while I think about it :think:

Thanks for this. Seems you have everything turned off, so only your display sleeps ... and the machine stays awake?

I have had a more aggressive sleep setup and it has worked right up to F12. I like the system sleeping and the LED going off. It takes a couple of seconds to wake, but it's fine (well it was fine).

I could try your values but that would lose the sleeping. It would also not explain what has changed from F10 to F12. Everything was good in F10. For now, I've gone back there while I think about it :think:

My sleep works. And it works only with this settings :)

Auto sleep, manual sleep, wakeup with keyboard/mouse, unlock with Apple watch. Everything works.

Last edited:
After much finagling and trying everything, I settled back to DP 1.1 (4k@30). Just cannot get 4k@60 working without glitches no matter what I do.

It is normal. You CPU does not support 4k@60 via HDMI — https://ark.intel.com/content/www/u...5-8600-processor-9m-cache-up-to-4-30-ghz.html

If it is of any help, I am running dual 4k@60Hz with one Monitor connected to the DP and one to the HDMI 2.0 port.

In my opinion and following all steps of the whatevergreen-intel-patching guide (https://github.com/acidanthera/WhateverGreen/blob/master/Manual/FAQ.IntelHD.en.md) I do think that only framebuffer-con0 must be patched in order to have all ports working. framebuffer-con1 is the HDMI 2.0 port which uses the MegaChips MCDP2800 and therefore is a "DP device" thus fb-patching the port to "HDMI" is actually wrong.

To further support this assumption, the real MacMini 8,1 also uses a MegaChips converter along with the unpatched AAPL,ig-platform-id <07009b3e>.

If you are going to use my config pls note that using a tool like "ResXtreme" might be required once to set both monitors to 4k@60Hz@10/8Bit.

I did include my config plist in order for others to have a look at it but wont offer any support.

Kexts used are:

AppleALC.kext (Audio)
IntelMausiEthernet.kext (LAN 1)
Lilu.kext
SmallTree-Intel-211-AT-PCIe-GBE.kext (LAN 2)
USBInjectAll.kext (USB)
VirtualSMC.kext (SMC)
WhateverGreen.kext (Graphics)
XHCI-unsupported.kext (USB)

Attachments

• config.plist
    3.9 KB · Views: 171
Hello world.
Sorry I have moved away from Hackintosh, towards the enemy.
Thanks so much to @b166ar and @inarush and many others for their outstanding support and encouragement.
I greatly appreciated it. This is a wonderful community. I'm sure I'll get sick of the opposition and come running back with my tail between my legs.
All best!

Hello world.
Sorry I have moved away from Hackintosh, towards the enemy.
Thanks so much to @b166ar and @inarush and many others for their outstanding support and encouragement.
I greatly appreciated it. This is a wonderful community. I'm sure I'll get sick of the opposition and come running back with my tail between my legs.
All best!
Did you buy iMac Pro?:)

I have Win10 on the other disk and have been using that. Please don't judge me. :oops:
If I bought a Mac it'd be a mini and I might yet do it, but the hardware I have now is just fine.
Cheers!
But why specifically did you give up on your hackintosh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back