Contribute
Register

[Guide] Fanless mini Mojave: i5-8600 | Gigabyte Z370N WiFi | Intel HD630

Status
Not open for further replies.
With your latest EFI/kexts from GitHub my boot process gets stuck on `ioconsoleusers gioscreenlockstate 3`

Sorry, no idea :think:. Pretty confusing. Your board is the same as everyone else on B1 and my threads. You're using igpu, so no difference there. igpu is very stable for those of us using it. Seems like you have a low-level problem (see below).

Your EFI/Extensions boot after a BIOS update!

If i understand, this is after you flashed F10. This is progress.

Maybe reset your BIOS.

^^ reset the CMOS & VRAM. Sorry if you already did it. Also not sure if flashing BIOS does that, but I would make certain your CMOS/VRAM is clear. Maybe flash F10 again and load optimised defaults etc.

I think you're right, the problem is low-level.
Screen Shot 2019-03-29 at 23.54.47.png

I had reset the CMOS a few times before and tried again just now. It does the same thing - upon first boot, everything is good. Then with subsequent boots, no dice.

When booting that first time after a CMOS reset or a BIOS update, Clover takes a long time to scan. On subsequent boots it is much faster, but the disks do not appear. Does that make it a clover issue? Should I report it to them somehow?

Does that make it a clover issue?

Try booting with your NVMe system drive and a non-ZFS SATA data drive format it to APFS. Really you should start fresh and re-install everything.

If the non-ZFS shows up reliably then you have identified ZFS as the problem in this system. The solution might be in Clover or a kext or an install ... but at least you know the problem's cause. Elsewhere you mentioned "I do not think zfs is the issue, which, FWIW, was updated for Mojave long ago and is has been stable for me on my other system."

Try booting with your NVMe system drive and a non-ZFS SATA data drive format it to APFS. Really you should start fresh and re-install everything.

aha! should have tried that ages ago. yes, the APFS disks show up every time.

so, Clover/MacOS only recognises the ZFS disks after a CMOS flash/BIOS update. On subsequent boots, clover does not scan and MacOS does not recognise the disks.

When missing, the disks do not show up in `diskutil list`. Maybe forcing Clover to somehow refresh its scan/cache every boot would be a workaround?

attaching fresh debug files from boot with all disks working.

Attachments

• EssentialsList-2019-03-30 15.49.08.zip
    397.3 KB · Views: 78
  • debug_28395.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 56
the APFS disks show up every time.

Yep. They should do.

A pretty dumb guess by me is to put the zfs.kext into your EFI partition i.e. EFI/Clover/kexts/other alongside the USBInjectAll etc. Clover injects these before it transfers control to the Mac itself. Perhaps that might make the disks get picked up before MacOS boots. But it's a long shot. Probably more is needed ... maybe something in the config.plist ... you need the forum brainiacs :geek: for that.

EDIT: I also posted this here where I think you might get more support. You don't have a particular build problem, you have a general "can't run X software under Hackintosh" problem. Good luck!

I really want to thank you for this guide!
This finally got my USB all truly squared away!

I have a question. Have you had any issues with DisplayPort 1.2 ?

I’ve got this issue where everything is working, but I always get a black screen on my LG 31MU97 4K monitor. If I switch it to display port 1.1, it will work but of course the bandwidth isn’t there for 4k60hz. Also, I have a standard Hd monitor with display port and all does work there, but I can’t get anything but a black screen using my Lg connected to DP on 1.2 mode. That same monitor works great on HDMi, but only DP1.2 can fully drive the pixels at 60hz.

Is this a MacOS thing?
A further patch I may need to this setup?

Would an HDMI 2.0 to DP 1.2 adapter/cable maybe be a solution?

Really appreciate any tips of thoughts!

Have you had any issues with DisplayPort 1.2 ?

No issues. My SamsungUWQHD display 3440x1440 @60Hz is connected with DP and the monitor shows DP1.2:

Screen Shot 2019-04-02 at 17.04.37.png

Screen Shot 2019-04-02 at 17.02.42.png

Maybe investigation with Hackintool might help your 4K to work with DP1.2.

Last edited:
Does one need any of the Graphics and Framebuffer stuff anymore?

It's my understanding that UHD 630 is natively supported now on 10.13.6 and Mojave

Does one need any of the Graphics and Framebuffer stuff anymore?

Good question. My EFI at present has framebuffer stuff for the graphics. Was provided by @Rajkhand and I think came from hackintool. Both HDMIs and the DP work fully AFAIK.

Screen Shot 2019-04-03 at 09.47.25.png

Without those entries (see my config.plist for full list), when I was building under Mojave, the displays were fairly broken. As I recall DP didn't work at all and HDMI was ropey.

I have looked at hackintool but not generated anything with it, since everything's stable for me. Exactly what/if using it can help you, I don't know. You could try removing all the framebuffer stuff from config.plist and see if native DP will 'just work'. Keep everything backed up, of course.

Good question. My EFI at present has framebuffer stuff for the graphics. Was provided by @Rajkhand and I think came from hackintool. Both HDMIs and the DP work fully AFAIK.

View attachment 397006

Without those entries, when I was building under Mojave, the displays were fairly broken. As I recall DP didn't work at all and HDMI was ropey.

I have looked at hackintool but not generated anything with it, since everything's stable for me. Exactly what/if using it can help you, I don't know. You could try removing all the framebuffer stuff from config.plist and see if native DP will 'just work'. Keep everything backed up, of course.

The problem I'm having is if I used your exact entries, I can't get it to initialize the Framebuffer (or some error it throws on boot). I don't understand it since I have such very similar hardware (same MoBo, but 8700 CPU).

Just to confirm - you have Lilu & WEG installed and are NOT injecting Intel in Graphics options and have those entries as shown and you're on iMac 18,1 SMBIOS, yeah?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back