Contribute
Register

[Guide] Fanless mini Mojave: i5-8600 | Gigabyte Z370N WiFi | Intel HD630

Status
Not open for further replies.
Including the GPUpatch.plist file. To put this the simplest method

So I've looked into the IORegistry and that's where the display ports (and all IO devices) are defined. Mine currently now has 2 devices (DP and one HDMI I imagine). Prior to your recent fix, I guess was only one device, a single HDMI. So your patches now define all 3 display devices, it seems. Plus did you say 2048MB memory? Any other things added in those patches?

Did you use FBPatcher and the "connectors" tab to test for each device? There's not clear documentation on how to use it for that. I mean there are 56 pages of comments, probably it's all in there somewhere. I think the documentation for the USB ports is better.

I'll have a look at applying the patches.

So I've looked into the IORegistry and that's where the display ports (and all IO devices) are defined. Mine currently now has 2 devices (DP and one HDMI I imagine). Prior to your recent fix, I guess was only one device, a single HDMI. So your patches now define all 3 display devices, it seems. Plus did you say 2048MB memory? Any other things added in those patches?

Did you use FBPatcher and the "connectors" tab to test for each device? There's not clear documentation on how to use it for that. I mean there are 56 pages of comments, probably it's all in there somewhere. I think the documentation for the USB ports is better.

I'll have a look at applying the patches.
in our motherboard there are 2 HDMI ports one 1.4 (4k @ 30Hzs) one 2.0 (4k @ 60 Hzs) and one DP so this patch defines all 3 ports I have tested all individually and it works. Also have enabled HDMI2 in the patch. Yes the connector tab will show you 3 connections all defined as DP as default, so you have to define the HDMI ports, which this patch does. Also as mentioned 2048MB memory. I think the above is true for intel 8th generation CPUsView attachment 371695

Attachments

• Screenshot 2018-12-10 at 6.12.09 PM.jpg
    Screenshot 2018-12-10 at 6.12.09 PM.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 124
Last edited:
Proper USB Power
Put both the files in Clover->ACPI->patched
Based on Rehabman's guide for USB Power

Now I can charge my iPad after this.

Attachments

• USBPower.zip
    1.5 KB · Views: 111
Might be your BT device. First I had a dongle that was okay but poor with BT audio. Switched to an ex-mac air card, which is better. Your mouse should be okay with any BT.

Yes, I just updated to 10.14.2. All good.
FYI I was able to get my Magic Mouse to work. It was a mistake on my part. I didn't have the antennas attached to my bt card. I wasn't using wifi and didn't realize the antennas are used for both wifi and bt.

I downloaded your entire EFI folder along with the kexts, but when I booted from the USB stick, I got the error:
Start booting from USB Device...
Boot failed

Do you know what might cause this? my PC specs is below. Thanks

Can someone specify what adapter type the WiFi card is? I am purchasing a BCM94360CS2 and would like to make absolutely sure I am ordering the correct adapter for the WiFi slot.

I found this one linked here --> on Amazon
which, SEEMS to be correct As far as I can tell... But, am not completely positive.

Would someone be so kind as to confirm this... or point me to the correct adapter?

Thanks

@xmark I have a question about the SSDT source file you shared here. If I got it right from the comments within the file, the USB ports you chose to disable are the ones right under the Ethernet port, correct? I have highlighted them in the picture below:

2017092910455670_src.png

Also, all the internal ones (e.g. bluetooth) remain enabled, correct? Can you please confirm that? I'm planning to create my own DDST scheme and your file seems to be the exact config I'm looking for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back