Contribute
Register

[Guide] Fanless mini Mojave: i5-8600 | Gigabyte Z370N WiFi | Intel HD630

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks. I could certainly use a little magic. I'll have a look.

Edit: okay so the configuration for the framebuffer stuff is from FBPatcher. Looks like I should revisit FBPatcher and get WhateverGreen running properly under Lilu. My system is so stable now I'm reluctant to tweak.

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/an-idiots-guide-to-lilu-and-its-plug-ins.260063/
As per my opinion if you want to attach 2 monitors to IGPU this patching is required for proper working

if you want to attach 2 monitors to IGPU this patching is required

Yes, I agree. I only have one monitor, but it is via HDMI and I would prefer DP. So I'll have to get to grips with FBPatcher. Thanks for posting your EFI + Config. I'll follow them but I do like to make all changes myself so I have to learn what I'm doing.

It’s the same method

Okay. I left the USB SSDT in place but I changed the framebuffer stuff in Devices->Properties->Devices/Properties Key as you suggested. Now DP works properly and booting is smoother without any graphics flashing artefacts. Thanks!

Main guide updated to reflect this.

Note sure if you saw the recent posts, but @Rajkhand's suggestions fix DP. I've updated my EFI/LE files if you haven't fixed already.
I made the changes and now my DP port works. I am hoping that this might fix the intermittent flashing/blinking of my display. FYI I updated to 10.14.2 with no issues today. I think at this point the only issue I have left is my Magic Mouse won't stay connected via BT. I haven't chased after this one because I have been using a Logitech mouse. I like the ergonomics of the Logitech but the MM adds a lot of functionality. Thanks for your help.

Hackintoshing is a continuous process, one has to experiment and understand what is happening. I read somewhere that if you are attaching a 4K monitor you should reserve 2048 memory instead of the default 1536 so I have made the changes and also I have defined all the ports including the dp port.

Will post the file in the evening. The changes have not made any apparent change in the working but according to me it’s a complete patch.

Will post the file in the evening. The changes have not made any apparent change in the working but according to me it’s a complete patch.

Great. If you can also post a diff from before to see what you did this time, that'd be good.

Hackintoshing is a continuous process, one has to experiment and understand what is happening.

Agree it is continuous. A lot of fun, maybe too much fun! I am supposed to be using my computer for work as well as play.

And I agree with knowing what is happening. I decided not to simply install someone else's EFI etc, but rather work out what changes were made and why, so I knew. I'll keep doing that with my guide, so people can understand what's inside the files and decide themselves to build manually or just apply the files.

Magic Mouse won't stay connected via BT.

Might be your BT device. First I had a dongle that was okay but poor with BT audio. Switched to an ex-mac air card, which is better. Your mouse should be okay with any BT.

Yes, I just updated to 10.14.2. All good.

Last edited:
Including the GPUpatch.plist file. To put this the simplest method
Open the GPUpatch.plist file in clover configurator
under Section Click on Devices
Click on the Properties Tab
Under Devices Click on PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0), click Right mouse button and copy
Under Tools click MountEFI
select your boot drive EFI partition and MountPartition, Provide password then click Open Partition
under clover open with Clover configurator config.plist file
Like above click Devices -> Properties -> Devices-> Paste
(If you have already applied the previous patch delete it First)
OR
As it is a plist file copy the content and paste it in appropriate location in your config.plist file

Attachments

• GPUpatch.plist.zip
    1.2 KB · Views: 102
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back