Contribute
Register

[Guide] Fanless mini Mojave: i5-8600 | Gigabyte Z370N WiFi | Intel HD630

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks good. As you say, the cpu and board are different (Kaby vs Coffee), i.e. you have different values for my <key>IntelGFX</key> <string>0x59128086</string> and <key>ig-platform-id</key> <string>0x59120000</string>, plus you have more patches than I needed (I started from scratch maybe you upgraded from HS?). Also you have USBPorts.kext I assume you mean USBInjectAll.

the usbports.kext generated by FBpatcher.

Okay, I didn't realise. I fixed my USB ports following RehabMan's instructions using SSDT because they weren't working at all under 10.14.0. As long as I use the same m/b, I don't need to think about USB ports. That's the plan anyway. All good.

Last edited:
The usbports.kext is pretty neat and self-contained. No need for an additional SSDT. Before upgrading from HS to Mojave, I first tried to minimize my config. I do wonder why I had to switch from iMac18,1 (worked fine on HS) to iMac17,1. Probably something to do with AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy, as I get a black screen after the boot progress bar (remote access works).

Thanks for the note on the patches, I indeed don't need the AppleIntelCPUPM one. I haven't really looked into minimizing the ACPI table renames. I've been trying various incantations to get my sleep/wake to work, without much (consistent) luck.

I've been trying various incantations to get my sleep/wake to work, without much (consistent) luck.

Well this guide is for the Z370N WiFi and 8th gen cpu, and if you follow the config options I documented ... sleep/wake works perfectly. I guess that doesn't help you though!

You could post under Mojave Desktop Support, you might get someone with the same board etc. They might have suggestions. That's where I posted this thread until it was moved to this location.

Last edited:
I am in the process building a new machine and happen to be using the same components as you. I am having trouble getting the integrated intel graphics to work. Would you be able to post your EFI folder and any other related files I would need? There are a couple of other similar builds with AMD cards but I want to avoid adding an additional card if I don't need to.

Last edited:
Okay. I posted the EFI folder and also my /L/E folder here. Read the readme file and have a go. Let me know any questions. Also please let me know how it goes.
Thanks. This seems to have fixed the blinking and flashing screen I was having. It did cause my DP connection to quit working but I just moved it to a HDMI port. I noticed that you had quite a few KEXTs in your /S/E folder. Are all of these needed? Just curious and trying to learn.

This seems to have fixed the blinking and flashing screen I was having.

That's good. Yes I also had a flashing screen until I found these SMBios/Graphics IDs etc.

It did cause my DP connection to quit working but I just moved it to a HDMI port.

Yes, my DP is not working. Seems that WhateverGreen works for HDMI only. I also use one of the HDMI ports.

Are all of these needed?

Good question. There are more than my original build details show. My honest answer is "I don't know". This is what I've ended up with ... and it all works. Probably should try to cull.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back