Contribute
Register

[Guide] Fanless mini Mojave: i5-8600 | Gigabyte Z370N WiFi | Intel HD630

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you all for your efforts to this guide :)

Screen Shot 2019-01-23 at 23.09.18.png

Updated using the System Preferences/Software Update method.
First reboot claimed "system restarted because of an error" - ignored and let it carry on.
Rebooted 3 or 4 times, sometimes quite quickly.
Came up fine.

My wife describes the Hackintosh as "quirky".

Agree. There's always a chance something will go wrong. The glitch I had there is something not shutting down properly when rebooting/restarting. I had it a few times before this upgrade. Maybe it'll settle down after the upgrade.

You can never be 100% certain with Hackintosh but that's part of the fun :)

Last edited:
Recommend you do NOT update BIOS to F11c. I tried just now and was unable to boot. System hung and never finished startup to show screen. On restoring F10 was also unable to boot. Ouch!
Was able to boot under F10 from a SuperDuper saved backup image. Restored that and am in business again.
Always handy to have a full backup before updating any key area like BIOS. (And have a look see if anyone else with the same board had problems ... wish I'd done that first :)

Last edited:
This MountEFI app from @headkaze is terrific. Shows you all disks and partitions, and dynamically refreshes when you attach new ones (USB etc). Clearly identifies EFI paritions.

If you have /EFI already mounted (I often do) and you want to mount the EFI of an attached USB drive, simply click the corresponding up arrow. It'll create a new mount point /Volumes/EFI 1 (2, 3 etc I assume) and the new EFI will be mounted there.

This is what I used to do manually using diskutil list and the sudo mount command (which I always had to look up).

This app is really neat & saves time. Thanks heaps @headkaze

Have you noticed that the PDF text looks blurry in Preview/Safari/Skim?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back