Motherboard
Gigabyte B250M
CPU
G4560
Graphics
HD 610, GTX 1070
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
This is a guide on how to enable hardware video acceleration (encoding and decoding) on macOS 10.13 High Sierra using the Intel HD 610.

Prerequisites
  • Intel HD 610 (I’m using this on the Intel Pentium G4560 processor)
  • Dedicated graphics. I’m on an NVIDIA card but I expect an AMD to work as well.

Why another thread?
This post is a variant of the content in https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ion-on-intel-hd-graphics-in-imac-17-1.216447/. That thread pertains to the Intel HD 630 found in many other Kaby Lake processors. The main difference here is that the HD 630 works in macOS (while the HD 610 doesn’t).

Software requirements
No iMac.kext, or NvidiaGraphicsFixUp 1.2.0+ installed. Basically, nothing that injects an IOVARenderID for your dedicated card. While having such injections are the correct way to gain acceleration, they appear to work only for the HD 630 and not for my HD 610.

DSDT
  • GFX0 -> IGPU
  • PEGP -> GFX0
  • HECI -> IMEI

These should work as either Clover ACPI patches or done in your own DSDT.

Clover config
  • Graphics
    • Inject Intel = true
    • Ig-platform-id = 0x59120003
  • Devices
    • FakeID (Intel GFX) = -0x59128086

With these in place you should see these:
1606606605851.png

Video codec support
This setup has one caveat - H.264 won’t decode, with Console logs stating issues with IOVARenderID. When the necessary NVIDIA patches are in, they report a problem with AGPMSetBoostCode, which for now is presumably an issue with the HD 610 not actually working properly in macOS.

1606606565896.png

GPU usage when conducting a screen recording in macOS.

Last edited by a moderator:
which for now is presumably an issue with the HD 610 not actually working properly in macOS.

Pentium base HD5xx/HD6xx work perfectly as offline renderer with AMD GPU. Full HW video encode and decode.

In 10.13.0, I have not successfully enable IQSV with IGPU + NV GPU configuration, VDADecoder only work with H264 video, no HEVC HW video decode (use patched AppleGVA.Framework from 10.12.6).

This is a guide on how to enable hardware video acceleration (encoding and decoding) on macOS 10.13 High Sierra using the Intel HD 610.

Prerequisites
  • Intel HD 610 (I’m using this on the Intel Pentium G4560
GPU usage when conducting a screen recording in macOS.
Hi mate,, I need your help, my specs Asus h110m-cs+g4560 +8gb RAM,,, i wanted to install Hackintosh but I have windows based PC,, not mac,, can u please guide me.... And if possible please message me here.

@shuhung I think I've managed to get your configuration working on High Sierra (H.264 decode, both encode, no HEVC decode). I'm using the newest Shiki with `shikigva=4`, `shikigva=12`, along with the newest NvidiaGraphicsFixUp. While that gave me AGPMSetBoostCode errors on my iMac18,2 SMBIOS, I switched to an iMac14,3 SMBIOS which fixed that. Now I have everything except HEVC decode :)

@shuhung I think I've managed to get your configuration working on High Sierra (H.264 decode, both encode, no HEVC decode). I'm using the newest Shiki with `shikigva=4`, `shikigva=12`, along with the newest NvidiaGraphicsFixUp. While that gave me AGPMSetBoostCode errors on my iMac18,2 SMBIOS, I switched to an iMac14,3 SMBIOS which fixed that. Now I have everything except HEVC decode :)

Currently, shikigva=4 or 12 not work with HD5xx/6xx + NV Kepler (HD5xx/6xx + Maxwell/Pascal should ok), to enable full IQSV in 10.12.6 need patched AppleGVA , in 10.13.x no HEVC support due to 10.12.6 patched AppleGVA not support HEVC (tested with HD510/HD610 + GT730).

Currently, shikigva=4 or 12 not work with HD5xx/6xx + NV Kepler (HD5xx/6xx + Maxwell/Pascal should ok), to enable full IQSV in 10.12.6 need patched AppleGVA , in 10.13.x no HEVC support due to 10.12.6 patched AppleGVA not support HEVC (tested with HD510/HD610 + GT730).

Man, I literally spent 3 days trying to figure out what I was doing wrong.

So with my setup (10.12.6 + HD630 + gtx660) I need patched AppleGVA ?

Man, I literally spent 3 days trying to figure out what I was doing wrong.

So with my setup (10.12.6 + HD630 + gtx660) I need patched AppleGVA ?

If fresh install not work then try attached file for 10.12.x.

Replace attached file to /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/
Disable shiki.kext and reboot

Run below from terminal

cd /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/
sudo codesign --deep -fs - AppleGVA.framework
sudo chown -R root:wheel AppleGVA.framework
sudo update_dyld_shared_cache -force

Re-enable shiki,kext then reboot.

Attachments

• AppleGVA.framework.zip
    837.9 KB · Views: 235
If fresh install not work then try attached file for 10.12.x.

Replace attached file to /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/
Disable shiki.kext and reboot

Run below from terminal

cd /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/
sudo codesign --deep -fs - AppleGVA.framework
sudo chown -R root:wheel AppleGVA.framework
sudo update_dyld_shared_cache -force

Re-enable shiki,kext then reboot.
not sure it was done in the right way, but few ours ago i re-installed shiki and used the bootflag 'shikigva=60' (that's basically 4 + 8 + 16 + 32 ).

Now I have quick sync working and MacX reporting hardware acceleration (it was disabled before).

Since last shiki let force the platform via bootflag (with 32) I opted for this solution. Not sure it's correct tho...vda checker still complaints...

anyway, this is by far the most complex feature to enable on hackintosh..

Since last shiki let force the platform via bootflag (with 32) I opted for this solution.

shikigva=32 is required when SMBIOS does not has "forceBoostOff=YES" in AppleGVA info.plist (like iMac 18,3), if no board-id spec than default value is iMac 14,2.

Not sure it's correct tho...vda checker still complaints...

VDADecodercheck failed, most probably cause may due to AppleGVA.framework size mismatch, then shiki failed to apply nv_patch (shikigva=4) restore native AppleGVA.framework may work.

Patched AppleGVA (equal to shikigva=4, unlock GVA for SKL/KBL + Nvidia) does not require shiki.kext, VDADecoder has enabled through bin patch and should work, if Nvidia IOVARenderID and SubID exist.

Hi shuhung,
You've been very helpful in the past. I'm trying to get iTunes to play HDCP movies on an Nvidia 1080ti. Recently upgraded to the new Lilu + Whatevergreen (which combines shiki+nvidiafixup+whatevergreen).

For the first time, I'm able to turn on my Intel HD graphics while using the 1080. Previously, my system would only black screen when I did this.

Videos play in iTunes but are heavily distorted and sometimes there is no picture at all. Sound is fine. iTunes crashes frequently.

I think I'm on the right path but, with all the updates to the kexts (especially the new whatevergreen), I'm not clear how to troubleshoot the problems. A lot of the info on Github has changed. Any suggestions? Do the old methods still apply?

Thanks for any tips.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back