Contribute
Register

[Guide] Enabling ATI Radeon HD 5450

Status
Not open for further replies.
Strange, after a reboot everything is well here, even after that supplemental update.

Strange, after a reboot everything is well here, even after that supplemental update.
Did you have any SSDT or DSDT patches for the graphics? Or just edits in config.plist and injection of two modified kexts? Do you happen to have your kexts handy by any chance?

I briefly read about that DSDT but I don't even know what it is so I guess I haven't done anything like that.
Here is my zipped clover that I just ( now ) took from my Hard drive from which I am booting.
It contains the kexts I use no idea if they are modified.

Screen Shot 2018-03-02 at 17.30.55.png
Screen Shot 2018-03-02 at 17.31.14.png

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    5.7 MB · Views: 311
I briefly read about that DSDT but I don't even know what it is so I guess I haven't done anything like that.
Here is my zipped clover that I just ( now ) took from my Hard drive from which I am booting.
It contains the kexts I use no idea if they are modified.

View attachment 316888 View attachment 316889
I will try this and see what I get back. I have noticed one thing though, none of my ATI/AMD Kexts load at all. They either have signature error or they simply don’t load. My AMD3000X loads fine every now and again but 5000Controller kext never loads. Is there a way to over ride system checks and force load the Kexts?

Sorry I don't know. I build my first ever Hackintosh last year and just followed what I am reading here.
As a matter of fact I don't know how to find out if kexts are loaded or not, if you tell me how, I will check if my 5000Controller kext is loaded.

Sorry I don't know. I build my first ever Hackintosh last year and just followed what I am reading here.
As a matter of fact I don't know how to find out if kexts are loaded or not, if you tell me how, I will check if my 5000Controller kext is loaded.
Two ways to do this. Go to Apple logo > About this Mac > System Report > Software on left panel > Extensions. Scroll through the list.

Or in terminal - sudo kextstat |grep AMD

OK thanks, they are both loaded here

OK thanks, they are both loaded here

Thanks for checking. Mine hasn't worked. Strangely enough I even reverted back to Sierra install (fresh) and can't get my graphics to work. It used to work all the way upto 10.13 but now it just won't work. It was as simple as Clover injection in 10.12.x but now that doesn't work. I wish there was a patch that worked for everyone with this card.

After spending significant time trying different options -

On my 'el capitan' system with an ATI 5450 1GB card with vga/dhmi and dvi connections, in order to get two screens (one to HDMI and one to DVI) to function at the same time I had to use Cedar video driver and not the Eulemur video driver. Enabling or disabling "fixdisplay" or "vbios" made no difference. I had used the fakeID 68e01002 with both FBnames, but with cedar both screens functioned.

With the emular driver only one screen would function at a time.

Hello, I know this thread is ancient history by now but if anyone cares to help me I've attached the files. I could not find a patch for my MB; Dh57dd am2. It is a Visiontek 5450 I got for 20 bucks, and I found the computer in the trash. So I figured why not make it a hackintosh.

I have no issue using kexts and not updating, as it will just be an office internet/pritiner mostly. And I only have legal access to my 10.11 installer anyway.
It's relatively fresh install, I've no problem starting over if need be.

thank you

Attachments

• fresh dsdt ioreg config.zip
    404.3 KB · Views: 138
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back