Contribute
Register

[Guide] Enabling ATI Radeon HD 5450

Status
Not open for further replies.
No changes :(
are you used kexts ?

Hello to everyone, I installed sierra correctly on my pc. I use an ATI 5450 identical to the post. Unfortunately, it works badly, it hits.

I did not understand what to do to make it work properly. In clover it does not allow me to make changes.

Can someone help me?

I just want to make FakeID work or inject a different DeviceID via DSDT or an Injector. I am using HFS+ for now. So APFS is not an issue.
I want to change 68E1 to 68E0. Doesn't work with Mavericks, Yosemite, El Capitan or Sierra as well.
I must always patch the AMDRadeonX3000 kext manually. Therefore I want to use FakeID so I don't have to patch all the time....

Hi everyone!

I followed this guide https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...lite-8000-8100-8200-8300-other-models.186726/ to install 10.11.6 on HP Elite 8300.
System is up and running and graphics card (XFX Radeon HD 5450) is injected using DSDT.aml file (Provided by linked guide).
The graphics card is recognized by osx, in "About this mac" "ATI Radeon HD5450 Series 5MB" is shown. But why is it just 5MB?
IOREGExplorer shows graphics card for PEG0.
executing "kextstat | grep AMD" just shows com.apple.kext.AMDSupport
No fakeID is set for ATI in clover.
Config.plist and DSDT.aml attached

Any ideas?

Thx,
Alexander

UPDATE 21.06.17: Clover.zip added

Attachments

• config.plist
    3.4 KB · Views: 237
  • DSDT.aml
    38.7 KB · Views: 176
  • CLOVER.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 121
Last edited:
Can someone explain me better how to adding the FakeID to a DSDT?
Iv'e a
DELL Optiplex 3010 with an ASUS branded Radeon HD5450, that in OSX 10.11.6 is showed as ATI (0x1002) ID 0x68e0, but in Windows and Catalyst driver it appears as 0x68f9. Don't know if matters, but I know that the machine randomly freezes with corrupted display, like this I saw in MacBooks with defective GPU... but my GPU isn't defective, while she works flawless in windows 10

Iv'e a
DELL Optiplex 3010 with an ASUS branded Radeon HD5450, that in OSX 10.11.6 is showed as ATI (0x1002) ID 0x68e0, but in Windows and Catalyst driver it appears as 0x68f9. Don't know if matters, but I know that the machine randomly freezes with corrupted display, like this I saw in MacBooks with defective GPU... but my GPU isn't defective, while she works flawless in windows 10
you add a fakeID in your config.plist, not DSDT :)

you add a fakeID in your config.plist, not DSDT :)

Can be done in both a SSDT or DSDT. Probably better to use a SSDT than Fake ID injection with Clover as its broken with some cards.

Iv'e a

Press F4 at Clover boot attach Clover folder with Themes removed along with ioreg ZIP attach. [Guide] How to Make a Copy of IOReg | tonymacx86.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back