Contribute
Register

[Guide] Enabling ATI Radeon HD 5450

Status
Not open for further replies.
Puh, Fix HDA added but no effect (config.plist attachment). No audio devices found.
By the way, hibernate does not work correctly: black screen after awakening.

Broken sleep is a common issue with ATI cards. Be sure that audio is enabled in the bios. In some cases the ATI frame buffer can break onboard Audio.

Broken sleep is a common issue with ATI cards. Be sure that audio is enabled in the bios.
Yes, audio is enabled in bios.
In some cases the ATI frame buffer can break onboard Audio.
Yes, i made this experience as i wanted to change hibernate mode to suspend to disk.

Perhaps, i should better buy another video card. Is there a card that works oob ? I need a cheap card for an office pc, it should be very silent or with passive cooling and with HDMI, DVI, VGA.

Yes, audio is enabled in bios.

Yes, i made this experience as i wanted to change hibernate mode to suspend to disk.

Perhaps, i should better buy another video card. Is there a card that works oob ? I need a cheap card for an office pc, it should be very silent or with passive cooling and with HDMI, DVI, VGA.

The Nvidia 8400GS is a good card. This is going off-topic now.

Are you sure?
I've seen VGA port working in some other graphics cards.

thanks to this forum and to u, VoiletDragon. all ports works on my xfx radeon hd 5450 2gb (VGA inclusive @1080p) with full graphics acceleration and am yet to have any problems on Yosemite 10.10.5 after updating from 10.10.

thanks to this forum and to u, VoiletDragon. all ports works on my xfx radeon hd 5450 2gb (VGA inclusive @1080p) with full graphics acceleration and am yet to have any problems on Yosemite 10.10.5 after updating from 10.10.

I haven't tested VGA personally as i don't have a monitor thats VGA wouldn't use it if i did anyway. You're lucky that the XFX 5450 version works as OS X hates XFX ATI Radeon cards.

29 Sep 16. Guide updated. Graphics Acceleration in Sierra 10.12 Broken. Although Its seen as ATI Radeon 5450. No Solution at this time.

Hi @VoiletDragon , I have (now) a Sapphire Radeon HD5450 (1GB, DVI connected).
I'm on Mac OS X Snow Leopard 10.6.7 (and I need to stay here because of ProTools HD 8 compatibility).
I'm rebuilding the system after a hard disk failure.
Previously I've had in the build an Nvidia NVS-295. Five years ago I was able to get this card working (it was a nightmare, however), but now... no more.
This is the reason for the change with the HD5450.
Some days ago I was able to get a copy of the original hard disk, and I get the new hard disk bootable with iBoot, Multibeast and the proper DSDT for the mainboard. But at the startup I need to write "PCIRootUID=1" in order to complete the startup. The whole process made with the new card.

I would like to inject your dsdt, I've found "Clover Configurator" (v4.24.0) but unfortunately doesn't work under 10.6.7 :(
I've read the whole thread, but I don't understand how to inject, without the "Clover Configurator".

Please, do you have an older version of Clover that can work with 10.6.7?

I remember that 5 years ago I've done some edits with PlistEditPro, but the time is gone and I don't remember a lot of things.
I'm sorry for my request, but I don't really remember how can I do in order to get the new graphic card correctly working.
I don't need to put the computer in sleep mode: I need only the correct resolution (and acceleration) and the two outputs working together (I have two identical monitors).

Thank you in advance!
Regards,
Enrico

Hi @VoiletDragon , I have (now) a Sapphire Radeon HD5450 (1GB, DVI connected).
I'm on Mac OS X Snow Leopard 10.6.7 (and I need to stay here because of ProTools HD 8 compatibility).
I'm rebuilding the system after a hard disk failure.
Previously I've had in the build an Nvidia NVS-295. Five years ago I was able to get this card working (it was a nightmare, however), but now... no more.
This is the reason for the change with the HD5450.
Some days ago I was able to get a copy of the original hard disk, and I get the new hard disk bootable with iBoot, Multibeast and the proper DSDT for the mainboard. But at the startup I need to write "PCIRootUID=1" in order to complete the startup. The whole process made with the new card.

I would like to inject your dsdt, I've found "Clover Configurator" (v4.24.0) but unfortunately doesn't work under 10.6.7 :(
I've read the whole thread, but I don't understand how to inject, without the "Clover Configurator".

Please, do you have an older version of Clover that can work with 10.6.7?

I remember that 5 years ago I've done some edits with PlistEditPro, but the time is gone and I don't remember a lot of things.
I'm sorry for my request, but I don't really remember how can I do in order to get the new graphic card correctly working.
I don't need to put the computer in sleep mode: I need only the correct resolution (and acceleration) and the two outputs working together (I have two identical monitors).

Thank you in advance!
Regards,
Enrico

Latest version of Clover works with snow leopard. To extract a clean DSDT press F4 at Clover files will go in EFI/Clover/ACPI/origin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back