Contribute
Register

[Guide] Enabling ATI Radeon HD 5450

Status
Not open for further replies.
Successfully.I change clover to uncheck ATI. Now my mac works very well. Thanks @annastefanos your kext.
Hi Vabug, I have 990 small factor, ATI HD 5450 installed High Sierra. If selected ATI in Clover, can recognize right model of ATI 5450. But just have 5MB. if deselect ATI in CLover, the system could not recognize the card even run 2kexts and repaired permission and rebuilt the cache. Any suggestion? THanks.

Hi guys,
Since yesterday I got my spare Hackintosh working.
Mainboard : ASUS P8H61 R2.0
CPU : Intel Pentium G630 @ 2700MHz
GPU : ATI HD5450 1 Gig
For the first time the graphics working perfect, very happy with that. If my
config.plist or any of my setting can help someone, let me know.
Oh on latest High Sierra.

I updated macOS to 10.13.2, the 5450 graphics only have 5M memory. But on 10.13.1,the 5450 graphics works fine. Any solution? @annastefanos Thanks

Chipset Model: ATI Radeon HD 5450 Series
Type: GPU
Bus: PCIe
PCIe Lane Width: x16
VRAM (Total): 5 MB
Vendor: AMD (0x1002)
Device ID: 0x68f9
Revision ID: 0x0000
EFI Driver Version: 01.00.3180

Did you ever find a fix for this?

Hi guys,
Since yesterday I got my spare Hackintosh working.
Mainboard : ASUS P8H61 R2.0
CPU : Intel Pentium G630 @ 2700MHz
GPU : ATI HD5450 1 Gig
For the first time the graphics working perfect, very happy with that. If my
config.plist or any of my setting can help someone, let me know.
Oh on latest High Sierra.

Delighted to read this. But I have a feeling this is on 10.13 or 10.13.1 right?

I am hoping to be able to update to 10.13.3 in order to avoid Spectre and Meltdown bugs. However, every time I go to 10.13.3 (as an update or fresh install) ATI Radeon 5450 stops working for me. Not DSDT, SSDT, kexts or injections via clover work. It simples stays at 5mb and that is it.

@drupad1
I am not at that machine now I will check later today but I think I have the latest High Sierra being 10.13.3
Still can't believe how well it works, now even davinci is installed.

Yes it's 10.13.3

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    5.7 MB · Views: 247
The fun is short lived, after the 10.13.3 Supplemental Update today the youtube movies don't play very good anymore.
The video memory is still displayed right with 1 Gig but video performance is bad.
On the bright side, "maps" is still working.

The fun is short lived, after the 10.13.3 Supplemental Update today the youtube movies don't play very good anymore.
The video memory is still displayed right with 1 Gig but video performance is bad.
On the bright side, "maps" is still working.
Thanks! I have pretty much the same config.plist and have installed the modified kexts - still not the same results.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back