Register

[Guide] Enabling ATI Radeon HD 5450

Status
Not open for further replies.
MSI Radeon HD 5450 1 GB (0X68F9)
Mainboard : MSI H81M-P33
CPU:Haswell Celeron 1820
High Sierra 10.13 (17A365)
I have installed on High Sierra 10.13 on 3 partitioned MBR scheme table for triple boot (Windows 10/High Sierra/Ubuntu) After installing these 2 kexts with kext wizard and before restarting I repaired permissions/Rebuild cache.Graphics Acceleration is O.K

Off-topic. This guide doesn't require any Kext Modifications.

Hi,
I have a Dell 790 SFF(core i5 2500s) with a Sapphire HD5450 1GB video card and I am having a lot of trouble to make it work. I try injecting kexts with kexts wizard but acceleration doesn't work. This is my first Hackintosh(high Sierra 10.13) so I am quite lost. I will appreciate any help.
Thanks

Hi,
my system is:
mobo: asrock g31m-gs
CPU: E8400
graph: asus EAH5450
This machine works perfectly with sierra 10.12.6 (DSDT patch method).
After upgrade to high sierra 10.13.1, I obtain only black screen after boot log and progress bar.
I tried all these methods:
clover injection
DSDT patch
SSDT patch
with no success.
The only way to obtain working high sierra is using this workaround:
http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/327712-black-screen-amd-radeon-hd5670/?p=2503603

Any chance to use original HS kext?
thanks a lot.

Hi guys,
I am guessing that ATI 5450 HD is a no go now with Sierra 10.12.3 onwards? I've tried everything from this thread and other kexts, modified and vanilla - nothing is getting the display back to what it was. I also believe that my abilities to do a proper SSDT might be very lacking and it is something that I may be daft at doing. But I get no errors on anything, no freezes or black screens - so am hoping the patches are not ruining anything. On the other hand, nothing is being fixed either.

I have installed on High Sierra 10.13 on 3 partitioned MBR scheme table for triple boot (Windows 10/High Sierra/Ubuntu) After installing these 2 kexts with kext wizard and before restarting I repaired permissions/Rebuild cache.Graphics Acceleration is O.K

I tried and tried and tried all the DSDT patches and all the SSDT hot fixes suggested on here. But none worked. Mate, you came in as a saviour and this JUST WORKED!

Thank you so much!

5450 seems to be working fine on 10.13.1 for me.

I can't get my XFX HD 5450 working on El Capitan 10.11.6. If I use the FakeID 0x68E01002 in Clover or edit the two kext, OS X just stuck at boot without any error or KP. Any solution?

## EDIT: Using verbose mode I can see that it's stuck at "GPU Hardware VM is disabled (multispace: disabled .... etc...)" ##

Last edited:
I have Sapphire Radeon HD5450 1G, Can i have it working on OS X 10.12.4 my motherboard is Gigabyte P75-D3 and i can't find it's DSDT on tonymac but i heard about that i can create my own one regarding my motherboard using MacIASL but when i compile it gives me some warnings and remarks so should i go with that or what to do....
View attachment 249984
Hi buddy, I have the same motherboard like yours, and I don't know how to make the configuration file correct to boot from Clover, so I want to ask that if you could help me by providing your config file and kexts ? Thank you very much.

I have installed on High Sierra 10.13 on 3 partitioned MBR scheme table for triple boot (Windows 10/High Sierra/Ubuntu) After installing these 2 kexts with kext wizard and before restarting I repair ed permissions/Rebuild cache.Graphics Acceleration is O.K
I have installed on High Sierra 10.13 on my desktop Dell optiplex 990.The graphics only have 1M memory. So it is very slow.
Use your kext, mac is hunging ,the backgourd of desktop is ground class for mountain of High Serrria.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back