Contribute
Register

[Guide] Enabling ATI Radeon HD 5450

Status
Not open for further replies.
Entry the display fills with colorful artifacts, I can still see the the mouse pointer as a colorful group of pixel that moves, but I can't do nothing else then turn off with the power button.
I attach the last console log with gpu restart ... maybe it helps.
Next time I'll take a picture from display.

Attachments

• Kernel_2017-06-27-222413_Optiplex-3010-OSX.gpuRestart.zip
    9.2 KB · Views: 65
Entry the display fills with colorful artifacts, I can still see the the mouse pointer as a colorful group of pixel that moves, but I can't do nothing else then turn off with the power button.
I attach the last console log with gpu restart ... maybe it helps.
Next time I'll take a picture from display.

Not much information. the Panic shows that AMDCedarGraphicsAccelerator is enabled. Does the card work fine in Windows?

Yes, but I don't use much Windows. I did some GPU stress test, and all went fine. But there's a breaking new: I had the same issue while computer was still with clover boot loader... so I guess that's something wrong at hardware level
DSC_1817.JPG

Yes, but I don't use much Windows. I did some GPU stress test, and all went fine. But there's a breaking new: I had the same issue while computer was still with clover boot loader... so I guess that's something wrong at hardware level
View attachment 263973

Hardware problem. Might be about time to replace the GPU.

I was trying to upgrade an old Hackintosh that keep working like a charm but 10.8 was its last upgrade way back.

It's an old G31M-ES2L motherboard with F10 bios, E2160 without SSE4 (so no Sierra ) . The DSDT is not adapted as it should (not PEG0 etc.), gpu it's under pci-bridge@1

The GPU it's an Sapphire HD5450 512mb, id 0x68F91002, on 10.8 with patched IDs everything was working.

On El Capitan with latest clover, injecting or patching gpu, keep the VRAM to 4 or 7MB.

Attachments

• dsdt.aml
    13.6 KB · Views: 87
  • ioreg.ioreg
    1.5 MB · Views: 81
I was trying to upgrade an old Hackintosh that keep working like a charm but 10.8 was its last upgrade way back.

It's an old G31M-ES2L motherboard with F10 bios, E2160 without SSE4 (so no Sierra ) . The DSDT is not adapted as it should (not PEG0 etc.), gpu it's under pci-bridge@1

The GPU it's an Sapphire HD5450 512mb, id 0x68F91002, on 10.8 with patched IDs everything was working.

On El Capitan with latest clover, injecting or patching gpu, keep the VRAM to 4 or 7MB.

Add FixDisplay to config. Reboot attach ioreg. [Guide] How to Make a Copy of IOReg | tonymacx86.com

Thanks, FixDisplay fixed the problem, now it's working. 1920x1200 on VGA :)

Attachments

• ioreg_working.zip
    381.7 KB · Views: 90
After security update (I think) the gpu stopped working ...
After messing around cleaning kext cache and so on. Started working again..

Attachments

• ioreg-fail.zip
    297.1 KB · Views: 82
Last edited:
Hey Violetdragon,

Thanks for your help to get this card going! I tried to inject the graphics with clover with your guide. It only worked with another Framebuffer (shrike) than the recommended one (Eulemur), but then worked great actually, no glitches, DVI and HDMI working etc. Normal desktop use feels normal ^^ Then i tried the gpu benchmark in Geekbench 4 and it gave me around 1600 points. Normally it should do 2500 points. Is this normal?

It's this card, but with 1gb of Ram: https://geizhals.eu/club-3d-radeon-hd-5450-noiseless-edition-cgax-5452li-a731163.html
It gets shown as 5000 Series 1024 if that helps

Oh and sleep works by the way!

Last edited:
Hey Violetdragon,

Thanks for your help to get this card going! I tried to inject the graphics with clover with your guide. It only worked with another Framebuffer (shrike) than the recommended one (Eulemur), but then worked great actually, no glitches, DVI and HDMI working etc. Normal desktop use feels normal ^^ Then i tried the gpu benchmark in Geekbench 4 and it gave me around 1600 points. Normally it should do 2500 points. Is this normal?

It's this card, but with 1gb of Ram: https://geizhals.eu/club-3d-radeon-hd-5450-noiseless-edition-cgax-5452li-a731163.html
It gets shown as 5000 Series 1024 if that helps

Oh and sleep works by the way!

Sleep does work with some Radeon 5450 cards. Cards that gets shown as 5000 Series doesn't have a 5450 chip the XFX Variant is the same. Sapphire Cards are the best way to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back